Server issues (October 10th 2016)?

I’ve been playing on PC for the past hour or so, and it’s been pretty good. No more crashing. knocks on wood

I haven’t had any issues for a couple of hours or so.

We know some players are still having some trouble with the servers. Unfortunately there’s nothing we can do for this. Best example is this minor server issues are like the affect shocks after a earthquake.

We will be sending out compensation to everyone once the servers have settled down.

However if you have lost anything (like gold or rewards from guilds) or chest keys please contact our support team here:
https://gemsofwar.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

While we have gotten an increase of support requests from players effected by the server issues, we will be getting to everyone over the next couple of days.

4 Likes

I assume this applies to getting booted from chat every 5 minutes lol. I have decided to take a break for a few hours. Got so frustrated I almost threw my phone… Jarl started all…

Chat Servers are separate to our game servers so sounds like a different issue. I do have a thread over hear for investigate chat issues:

Had not had anything game interrupting until this evening. I still played, still made it from 15 to 5 in pvp, but a lot of retry messages and clocking circle of dooms. So just kept trying and sooner or later got in. I’m sure they have their hands full, post break and hurricane storms play havok on schedules… I’m not worried. Dev’s have always reacted quickly. Sure it will all get sorted. Just glad they have a way to keep the lights on, even with intermittent issues. Appreciate all the hard work that i’m sure is going on behind the scenes.

Cheers,

2 Likes

Complaining is “I’m not able to play PvP/Arena/etc.”, Menacing is “I’m gonna find another reliable game to play, because this is crap and blablabla”. Two completely different things, as you can see. So the strawman will burn whenever it’s needed, not just when you want it.

I wasn’t talking to you personally, but it seems that you got some strange itch, so you should scratch it, because it’s not good to feel itchy anyways. It’s not a matter of offending sensitivities or whatnot, it’s just that the time the devs take on answering all the “complaints” (you like this better?) is time taken off the solution or the monitoring on the problem itself. So it’s good that you complain, so that they’re aware of the issues going, but ranting and venting frustrations is not gonna help anyone.

Well, people can go and do other things, somewhere else during the downtime. Frustration management is not so easy to master, I agree, but frustrating one’s up over one thing that not even the devs have direct access to, even though they’re on it, is plainly fruitless. It won’t help you, it won’t help the devs, it won’t save the planet, nothing.

And before you start talking about condescendence again, talk also about rationality, rather than frustration and mixed feelings and whatever. I agree with @Jody, people want it all now and right away. Sorry to tell you, real life (yeah, that one without imaginary friends in your head) isn’t always immediate and pleasant. You have to deal with it.

tl:dr —> Anyways, thanks to the devs and their work, you showed once again that you’re on top of that and all of these “complaints” are on their way to be attended. Keep up the hard work.

P.S. - @Lyya By the way, I don’t doubt that you love the game. I’ve seen the page you set up with all the information and stuff. That’s a great thing and I praise you for it. I can disagree with you on some things, which it seems so, but it’s nothing personal, believe me.

3 Likes

It’s been working fine for me for a while now.

Don’t worry, I’m not taking it personally. I see your points, and it might have been dismissive to call it a strawman. I apologize for that.

In my opinion (and my experience watching forums for dev projects I’ve done in the past), it barely matters what people write here with respect to how much dev time is taken up. The only thing “fruitless venting” wastes is the patience of those who would prefer people talk about other topics, which is frankly on the reader and not the intended recipient (developer). If it is otherwise, then the dev team has mismanaged their forum policy.

1 Like

hello support (and everybody)

The problem continue this day , It’s start again at 14h30 GMT + 1

Br
Zann0t

Yep it just started happening again for me :confused:
Been trying to pass the end screen of PvP battle for last 4-5 minutes. .

Awww really? C’mon, i just wanted to go online fter not being able to play yesterday. :frowning:

Well, back to programming my own match-3 it is then… (Yes, I started creating a game of my own recently, based on Java and swing library :smile: Not out of frustration, mind you, but because I recently got really interested in making an AI that was capable of playing a game like this in a proper way… because lets be honest - the current AI seems more of a provisorical patch of code than a true opponent :sweat_smile: :joy:)

It only was a little unstable for around 10 minutes here, now it is working fine again. :slight_smile:

Ugh.

Restarted my game (iOS) and it took about 4x longer than normal to get in. Once in, I tried to go to the Guild tab but got a time out error message (with the retry option); retried and now I have another “Request timed out” forcing me to close the game.

Yep. Same here.

@Sirrian @Nimhain @Andrew - The game is crashing repeatably again. Anyone up and investigating?

This is annoying…

1 Like

Sirrian and I are around at the moment. We’re having a look at it now.

2 Likes

Thanks, @Nimhain.

Game is still unplayable. Victories counting as losses due to retry connecting to server.

Two days is a long time.