PvP rankings are a joke

If suspicious (and repeated) performances are not completely clarify I don’t put other € in the game.

P.

(Sorry for my english)

4 Likes

Apparently we were. It’s certainly against the rules.

@eika behave. If you want to complain, complain to the devs or support. They might listen, or not. But the forum isn’t the place…

8 Likes

What’s the problem with call out (aside it’s against the rules :slight_smile: )?
Is it really better that players keep for themselves, spread the rumour in their guild, maybe quit the game because of this feeling of unfairness? Because it’s what is going on.
Is it so difficult to say “no I’m legit”? Sister was also accused of cheating and she finnaly said that she was not alone to play on her account and then nobody said anything about her.

This anti-call out strategy seems to be a false good idea for the health of the game.

16 Likes

Ill just quote this. Calling out cheaters and exploit abusers isnt a call out. Its pointing our that those players arent playing in a way that offers them benefits other players dont have.

11 Likes

This is one of the reasons I’m not as excited for guild wars as I probably should be.

11 Likes

@DonBoba - who is the cheat you are calling out? And please do share your evidence.

If you’re not able to do this, it’s slander.

2 Likes

Unfortunately the time required for a successful week in PvP just isn’t worth it with the rewards. Best I have managed was 33rd and it nearly broke me and nearly stopped me playing the game. Targets are a lot bigger than they use to be so once was enough for me to have a go at it :smile:

1 Like

I’m not in favor of call outs, but on the other hand we can’t expect that people will “swallow frogs” when the same issues arises over and over. If Eika, or anyone else, would want to make the right thing they certainly could, but it boils down to how long each one can tolerate a situation that haven’t been addressed in a long time…

Speaking of things not being addressed in a long time… @Saltypatra, has the team started any significant effort towards the exploit (rigged system) providing hundreds of defensives battles and rewards? Is it still on the “To do list” as Guild’s War is coming close to be launched?

3 Likes

If you dont know who those players are, its your problem. No explenation that i could provide would be good for you as you seem to not notice obvious by yourself.

10 Likes

I think the top 1000 nr doesn’t make sense…
If there is 10k peope playing, it might be feasible. But if there is 100k people playing, it no longer is. and if there are a million people playing, it becomes a total joke.

Thepoint here is, it should be the top x percentage being rewarded.
Not a hard coded nr

6 Likes

If you’re not against call-out, why so afraid to answer Namour question? Because I also have no idea who are you calling cheats or what makes you think those player cheats.

Unfortunately it is not solved.
If PMing the devs and submitting tickets is useless and if creating threads on the forums is useless as well, what solution is there left?

7 Likes

I am against call-outs, simply because they add zero value and a tonne of negativity to the community. If the person doesn’t realize they are doing something wrong, PM’s to make them aware will help. If they don’t care about the community, nothing said here is going to change their behaviour. The devs need to enforce “cheating”, and call-outs is really only for the benefit of those wishing to complain and feel better by venting. Bluntly, it’s selfish, not helpful.

1 Like

Keeping my posts succinct as always. You have shenanigans at a minimum, if not out right cheating going on there. Console Leaderboard on the X1 are a bit over 1,000 battles for the top (we may play a less than Mobile but NOT that much less).

2 Likes

‘Calling out…isn’t a call out’…:roll_eyes:

1 Like

My 2 cents:

0.01 - Devs aren’t going after account-sharers. Also, what makes everyone think “bots” are the issue here?
0.01 - What if the exploits in play were only detectable by the “eye test”? What if the cheater is cheating on such a way that you can’t say, beyond shadow of doubt, that they’re cheating. What if the tools to stop the exploits don’t exist right now, but arrive with Unity?

2 Likes

I’m not losing faith on the devs, i’m just asking about something i think it’s important to be addressed as soon as possible.

On a side note: I can add how problematic the call-outs are as suddenly the thread is divided discussing PVP Leaderboard issues and Eika’s conduct. So @Eika, i’m in no position to give you a lesson or anything, i’m sharing my perspective only, but i think you can see that you hardly achieved a lot with the call-out and people that could be interested in derailing this thread could use your “good intent but poor execution” to their benefit… To finish my part i can also add that it’s a bad symptom when some of our long-term-active, passionate and friendly forum’s members are fedup with some recurring issues. There is a limit for patience…
…and maybe we should have a limit to Ranked battles in order to prevent botting and acc-sharing.

01001001 00100000 01100001 01101101 00100000 01101001 01101110 01101110 01101111 01100011 01100101 01101110 01110100 00100001 00100000 01001001 00100000 01100001 01101101 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000 01100001 00100000 01100010 01101111 01110100 00100001 :angry:

3 Likes

Domo arigato, @NoNo_Roboto.

2 Likes

So here’s the deal…

1. We ban when we have proof somebody is cheating. We ban dozens of accounts every week.
  2. There are bots out there, and they’re constantly improving their ability to sneak past our detection
  3. So… WE constantly upgrade our methods of detection
  4. Right now, we’ve been busy with Guild Wars & also moving our codebase over to Unity… As a consequence, we have NOT had much time recently to upgrade our cheat detection.
  5. This means we’ve accumulated extra bots that have not been caught yet.
  6. We have ALSO had a massive influx of players in the last few months… more players = more bots!

We’ll certainly be upgrading our detection shortly, but I’m sorry to say it’s not something we have the manpower to do immediately, and banning is not something we do without proof.

39 Likes