Points from last week's guild wars are not carrying over

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened?

I was expecting the player ranking for this week’s guild wars to be ordered according to the points earned last week. So the paragon is the person that obtained the highest overall points.

Instead, players appear to be ranked by level again. This appears to be due to the guild wars tab showing that each player scored 0 points.

What are the steps to make it happen again?

N/A

Do you have any screenshots or video you want to share with us so we can see the problem? Attach them to your post!

Confirmation of Register tab attached

8 Likes

This MM guys. Opening support topics left and right xD

2 Likes

Hey… wait a minute… @Whiskeyjack … You’re in Match Masters yeah? Those numbers don’t seem to match up to the top 50 ranking table for MM.

No he is in MM like Mean Machine :smiley:

1 Like

Okay - we had a quick investigation of this (end of day here, so quite a few of the team have headed home already).

It seems that in the end-of-week guild-war processing job, an error occurred for a small number of guilds (unfortunately most of the guilds in the top bracket were affected, since the error occurred soon after daily reset), where they got processed twice.

This error was ONLY related to recording players’ points from the previous week. Which means 2 things:

1. All players in the Guild will show ZERO points as their personal tally for last week.
  2. The internal GW Rankings for players in those guilds will not have been updated, and will have remained the same as week #1.

At first glance, I’m not sure we can fix this reliably THIS WEEK (it will obviously be fixed for NEXT week’s update though).
We’ll know more tomorrow.
However, if we CAN’T fix it, we’ll make sure everyone in the affected Guilds gets a nice little present as compensation.

23 Likes

Doh, ok nvm, I misunderstood the Ranking number…

Also I’m guessing @Sirrian’s reply probably relates to your other thread Don about double rewards as well?

1 Like

Ok, thanks @Sirrian

1 Like

@Sirrian
I’ve got screenshots of all of Mean Machine’s player progress for Guild Wars, taken 1 hour 46 minutes before reset. If my guildmates provide corroborated evidence, should the worst-case scenario arise, would it be possible to input our individual point totals manually?

Much to our delight, it turned out that @DonBoba would have been our new Paragon. He pulled off a perfect run of 5/0’s and scored the maximum points we could obtain in our guild: 40740 points. We see Boba is the best man for the job, and I think we’d hate to see that taken from him.

I myself got a little battered as a Soldier in the ranks, but still managed to pull a fairly decent 39735 pts. I don’t mind being a Soldier again… no, really! I just want Don to be firstmost where he should be :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Sirrian @Saltypatra - Hoguns was also affected by this and we also have the complete data for our members if needed.

1 Like

This also happened to us in Blazing Dragons.

same thing happened to Royal Fire

1 Like

I’ve passed these guilds to the team.

2 Likes

then please include us too
Black Pearl

1 Like

Collecting thread? :slight_smile:
We at Magix are also affected.

Anonymous too.

Black Dragon too

Aes Sedai is affected too.
I’m surprised, we’re down there in the 70s (60s now)
No dual reward e-mail though.
I also don’t have a screenshot of the details in our guild.

Keep the names coming, it’s a good record for us and I’m always sending them on.

1 Like

Throw Carnivores on the list

2 Likes

Intrim and Intrim II

2 Likes