PC/Mobile 3.0.5 Patch Notes

I haven’t gotten to play around with the PC version yet as I updated right before going to bed last night, but I’m very excited to farm traitstones and souls at lightspeed.

Re: some of the more complained about changes -

I wholly support the mana cost nerf for famine. It is already one of the strongest, if not THE strongest, mythics, and it didn’t make sense that it had such a low mana cost to boot. I don’t think the jynx nerf was necessary, but I don’t have a Famine and I’ll take that as a blessing… for now :stuck_out_tongue:

The Kerberos nerf is… unfortunate. Yea, I hated the meta also. Going up against 10 Kerberos’ per day was boring and frustrating, but it sure as heck wasn’t the 100% Warg summon that was the cause of that. Instead, it’s now one less reliable summoning troop for purple days (which is tough enough as it is with so many summoner being purple/red). As for devour going down to 40%, I’m not sure that’ll make things less frustrating for players, but I’m not a complex stats in my mind kinda guy so I’ll just have to see how that works out.

Overall, I’m loving the patch so far, and looking forward to playing on the PC tonight.

Thanks for all your hard work, Devs! :smiley:

1 Like

Please keep your mouth shut, it’ll make everybody’s life better.
I’m sorry you were only relying on Famine to do anything in the game and think that now it only belongs to the trash can as well as the Bone Dragon as you say, but I’m sorry to disppoint you by saying that those two units are still very strong.

You thought it was normal to see Famine numerous time in nearly every deck when there are 360 different cards? Normal to see 10 Famine for not even 1 War or Plague and a few Death?

That nerf is called balancing, and it is indeed not easy to balance a game with so many different units but you should welcome it instead of crying for nothing. You are the only crybaby here. As for Kerberos, I also thing as others that it won’t change a lot, it only makes the card slightly less lethal. But please, be reassured, in the future there are lots of strong mythic cards to come to please you.

7 Likes

Beyond that, I wanted to say that I welcome this new update, I’m happy to see a way to choose exactly how many levels you want to upgrade a card. I’d like to see sliders back to the sorting system though (as well as the possibility to sort by card’s quantity, that option disappeared). Also I think you should give the players the choice to have visual effects to their game. I personally like it, buy read some players don’t and I think you should make the chat window bigger (or give the player a way to adapt it to their preference).

When will the Refunds be available?

1 Like

I for one am glad they nerfed famine and kerby into the ground… In fact next lets work on gettimg krys nerfed then tds then mab then ele… Actually why stop there? Lets just nerf every card to the level of dwarven miner. That’ll make this a SUPER game

4 Likes

@Sirrian @Alpheon please can we not have the Special Offers sales window pop up every time that I open the game? Getting a bit annoying… cheers

9 Likes

I am not sure if I gonna cry or laugh. Quite ugly and unnecessary nerfs on both Famine and Kerberos, is all I gonna say. And congrats to each and one of you who got your will through, yet again, for the X amount of time, the Devs truly loves you!

4 Likes

Son please. … lmao…
Balace lol…
This game has always seen the same sets of troops and setups depending on the meta
You have no idea what i rely on Sir…
So …
I dont use famine . Dont need one troop fool . Try some school.
Hehe look i rhymes :blush:

Ps. I never had my mouth open Sir.
I was typing :stuck_out_tongue:

You guys are funny, you think famine nerf will make GW less boring? Lol not all all you just going to see more kerby then ever

1 Like

Very true … very true :sunglasses:

This has been a console feature for awhile, which has been on Unity. I’m guessing this is intended and just not outlined in the patch notes.

Ah, I see. This has certainly been helpful so far

Isn’t the meta always based on what’s the strongest? If the balance is perfect, then you should see a perfect pick ratio of each card for each. If the Famine nerf was exagerated, you’ll see Famine replaced by something else in particular. If the nerf was right, you’ll see Famine less picked but as much as a wider diversity of compositions. It is normal that a Mythic is the strongest card, but Famine is/was so strong that you barely only see it. It’s a shame for diversity. Or maybe that people are just following metas as you said, without thinking by themselves. After all, to each their enjoyement in a game :slight_smile:

Btw, I see you are quick-witted, it’s a useful thing, pity it doesn’t serve the purpose of the discussion.

2 Likes

I cant wait to see the new meta… Famine is no longer the mythic powerhouse and kerby has become useless and with the dm nerf i notice it clears waaaaay more than it procs effectively neutering DK soooo… Whats the new meta and how long til everyone is crying about that

1 Like

And how exactly is your “quick witted” response of “shut your mouth” doing this precisely?

New meta will be mostly Deathmark I think. Most powerhouse mono-team don’t include a cleanser, so I figure it will be the most reliable kills for the A.I.
With 1 mana drainer to empty a waiting cleanser maybe.

I’ve mixed views on the nerfs.

I’d have liked to see Famine get a +mana cost first and see what happens when more drain protection arrives. I still think Famine is about the strongest base Mythic, with a game-changing spell.

Kerberos I agree with @mithran that this won’t dial it down much at all. Having a 40% game change event on one purple match in the usual KGSFG build will still be a meta problem.

I do think that the insult-slinging above between nerf and don’t-nerf camps needs to stop. Especially long-time members who should know better; it’s just childish. The pros and cons of Famine’s dominance have been debated at length for months. The devs have looked at the data and made their own decisions on changes. Let’s see what happens.

11 Likes

Whats gonna happen when the changes to mana shield and barrier go through famine and kerby will be so useless they will fall into obscurity

The Barrier change is already in. Not sure it’ll make a huge difference though since it’s not very prevalent. Same goes with Mana Shield. It’ll definitely help in some isolated cases/colors but I don’t think it’ll matter on most days.

I’m glad they made the changes though just b/c I was so tired of hearing people whine. Don’t really care if it was “good” or “bad” in terms of balancing.

3 Likes

We’ll see how much impact this has - right now it’d be very little. Only nine troops have Mana Shield, and only one Green and one Brown troop currently (and even they are of limited use). Hard to make a full anti-Famine team, especially in GW. Maybe more troops will get it. Maybe Impervious will also block mana drain (I hope not).

There are relatively few ways to add Barriers, and even fewer you could reliably do before a Kerbie fills on one purple match. So again I think you are exaggerating the impact this will have. Again, let’s wait and see. I predict minor decline in Famine and almost no impact on Kerbie.

I welcome the Barrier change - it’s been a low impact effect throughout - bugged and easily removed.

1 Like