Really liking the look of the UI, nice to have something fresh! Response times feel a lot snappier which is great (finally no more pausing when alt-tabbing!)
From a UX perspective though, there's a few things that really could've used another pass:
- The chat window, as many have mentioned, is simply far too small.
- The troop filtering system still can't handle dual mana-colours, and, most importantly, the average clicks to set a filter has gone massively up. Simply filtering by Kingdom used to take 2x clicks + 1x scroll. Now it could be at least 14x clicks just to set the Kingdom! Don't make things prettier at the cost of usability! Personally, I think those left-right selectors have no business at all in any UI ever, and deserve to be purified by fire. Don't even get me started on how useless the Trait-selection is....
I look forward to the next release! c:
EDIT: A few other thoughts:
- Is it necessary to have the "Frozen" sound effect play when a 3-match is made? Seems excessive
- I find the little animation hop when swapping between a troop's stats, spell and traits distracting and annoying.
- When editing a team, if you remove 1st/2nd/3rd troops, the rest of them shuffle up to fill the space. I don't tend to build teams in order from first to last, sometimes the first troop in the team is the one I want to be in the last position. This new method means I'll need to insert all the troops into the team and then swap things around. I guess I could get used to it, but again I feel like this has hurt usability.
- The new mana animations are awesome
- The game doesn't detect if your default sound device has changed.