PC/Mobile 3.0.5 Patch Notes

I think that those are 2 different situations because now we have a common ranking for 2 different version of the game, but it’s only my opinion

1 Like

The top 100 is junk anyhow and has never been fair. The pvp rating system and rewards system are the most poorly neglected aspect of gameplay.

1 Like

And i agreed that it isn’t fair for all. But it never was, now it just hits another group of players for a while.
Anyways it is only a short period of time and we will be back to being unfair to the first group of players in no time.

2 Likes

Does the game look like crap on ultra wide monitors for anyone else. It now is stuck with black bars on both sides and the chat window is tiny with no ability to increase the size

When will Refund on troops be available?

2 Likes

I really like the Orc rework. I think I’ll test it next week.

As many said already, sorting troops requires too much steps.

But: I’m really sad about the new folder structure. No more custom sounds for me :cry:

Oh well, just a problem of mine :wink:

1 Like

I pretty much love everything about this update.
And I especially love love love the speed settings.

I kinda miss the search filter on the troops page… I know, it’s in the dialog now… and not really slower… So just takes some getting used to. And of course the sorting during filter on upgradable is a mess, but I’ve already mentioned that in 3 other spots, so I won’t go into detail here.

But I’m loving it for sure… major upgrade!

2 Likes

Anyone else read that wrong at first?
Lol, it would’ve been hilarious if he actually did summon Bone Dragon like some common token troop.

8 Likes

I was so shocked when i read B dragon first. Then i was like “wait wait wait, read that again” :laughing:

5 Likes

Really liking the look of the UI, nice to have something fresh! Response times feel a lot snappier which is great (finally no more pausing when alt-tabbing!)

From a UX perspective though, there’s a few things that really could’ve used another pass:

• The chat window, as many have mentioned, is simply far too small.
  • The troop filtering system still can’t handle dual mana-colours, and, most importantly, the average clicks to set a filter has gone massively up. Simply filtering by Kingdom used to take 2x clicks + 1x scroll. Now it could be at least 14x clicks just to set the Kingdom! Don’t make things prettier at the cost of usability! Personally, I think those left-right selectors have no business at all in any UI ever, and deserve to be purified by fire. Don’t even get me started on how useless the Trait-selection is…

I look forward to the next release! c:

EDIT: A few other thoughts:

• Is it necessary to have the “Frozen” sound effect play when a 3-match is made? Seems excessive
  • I find the little animation hop when swapping between a troop’s stats, spell and traits distracting and annoying.
  • When editing a team, if you remove 1st/2nd/3rd troops, the rest of them shuffle up to fill the space. I don’t tend to build teams in order from first to last, sometimes the first troop in the team is the one I want to be in the last position. This new method means I’ll need to insert all the troops into the team and then swap things around. I guess I could get used to it, but again I feel like this has hurt usability.
  • The new mana animations are awesome
  • The game doesn’t detect if your default sound device has changed.
6 Likes

I already loved Ketras :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Nice patch, except one UI change, the troops filtering list.
I feel this was made for Console and not a PC/Mobile interface. too many clicks needed to select what I want to filter, not very user friendly.

3 Likes

DId my PC get the console update? It’s not very user friendly, what happened? I can’t find the crafting menu either… And why are we nerfing mythic cards!!! They’re supposed to be OP they’re mythic

2 Likes

" Bouhouh i’m so weak i can’t find a way to win without my cheated Mythic. Let’s blame others instead of trying to figure out why it was so badly built. "

For me the game took a huge step back overall. I welcome the port to Unity but I cannot find any useful improvement in this patch.
The game is slower, and was already inexcusably slow before.
Settings doesn’t save (language) or reset themself (blend).
There’s no way to stop sound when the game is not on focus (alt-tab).
The new Ui seems nice but it’s way worse because now is not usable as every task now require more actions to perform.
Chat is very small.
Troop filters are not dropdown list anymore, you have to cycle every choice to reach the one you want instead of selecting it. That’s something someone that works as a developer and understand how UI works should never do.
Most of the issues are something noticeable in a couple of minutes withing the game, has someone at least tried the game once before releasing the patch?

At least famine had a little nerf but still have his Aspect of Famine that needs to be reworked as it is hardly counterable.
To my opinion evey skill that reduce a stat should be have a duration or be very contained in the amount of points it removes.

8 Likes

Hey noob play the game for awhile then your opinion might count for something lol

Kerb still showing 50% devour chance for me, on iOS.

1 Like

I don’t know if this is intended or not but 4 gem matches can now give mana surge

Famine Is still good. Faced it today, many times, and it is a strong card, and will be played. Sure, it’s less “so good that you just put as much as you have in play and win”, but, without a doubt, even with this nerf, the strongest Apocalypse troop of the 4, and, I’d even advance, the strongest Mythic still.

Death Mark… still killed 3 out of 4 of my troops this morning after a Death cast because my cleaner was not ready, so there again, I don’t think it killed the effect. The one turn reaction time is very short.

Orcs: tested, they are more fun, but still not Meta strong IMHO.

3 Likes

Almost every item brought up here applies to the console version. (Except the one that its too slow).

Please keep the versions together and focus on the troop selection/Ascension interface.

For a specific very small example. someone mentioned the [enter] key. On console the A button is the equivalent of [enter] and it has been disabled in the troop selection menu starting in 3.05, it was used that way for almost 2 years prior.

Copy/pasting most of the items from this list to the console thread or copy/pasting old suggesting made previously in previous threads before 3.05 seems excessive.