Make mythics available for [x]...maybe souls?

They absolutely did. Eventually his pile will dwindle. Tacet was just smart and knew exactly what they were trying to do.

Of course playing as long as he has didn’t hurt.

This system works because it essentially for lack of a better term, “pushes end-gamers out” and any new players that come in all get started on pretty much the same level field. That was the design. That’s why we’re hurting. But it is exactly according to plan. They put a clear and precise stop to the “resource bleeding” that was going on. A line in the sand.

Like I said they are slowly releasing the valve by giving us more rewards for events and game-modes, but only if we work for it. It’s not a guarantee system anymore like it used to be.

You never used to have to worry about getting a troop because the rewards were so huge you would eventually get it no matter what. (mostly) Do you think the timing of when Mythic got introduced is a coincidence? I don’t.

I think @Rasper said it earlier. He said something similar to raising the % of a Mythic drop in a mythic exclusive week. after opened a ton of chests, just a minor %. So the % is not the same, after you have spent like 5000 glory keys, 10K gems and 10K seals without getting anything, it is a horrible feeling that you go back to start zero. Not sure if Rasper said exactly this, but something close to it.

5 Likes

That would work just fine Eika!

It’s basically a pity pull. Which sounds like something up my alley already.

4 Likes

Let’s be clear - I’m not looking for a guarantee, at least not in the free sense. Mithras said it - the souls for mythics thing became a straw man. I titled the thread ‘maybe’ souls for a reason. It was just one thought among many.

If you want to talk about guarantees, I think it’s absolutely ridiculous that the $50 Path bundles have a chance to give you a troop you already have. That’s about as dumb as it gets but that’s a different argument.

What I want is a reasonable expectation of eventually getting some of the troops I want to actually use in the game, for example Death. As it stands right now, I have better chance of getting struck by lightning during the Canadian winter than getting Death. There’s no incentive.

Of course, that leaves us with your final point - it’s almost like they want us to quit. After all the checks cashed and the game is growing at a rate that far surpasses what it was like when we started.

Why you gotta bum me out like that? :wink:

1 Like

They obviously don’t want anyone to quit the game, but you get what i’m saying right?

They knew they had to make it tougher on those at the top that were Kings and Queens for so long. And by doing so those players once they spent all their resources, are only slightly “better” than the new level 5 that starts tomorrow. It goes against everything most of us enjoyed for so long, but time changes everything.

I still think whenever Tacet and anyone in his situation loses their stacks of currency, they will raise the rewards again for all of us. But it will never be to the level that it was. Or again if it is, it will be split up in things we have to work for.

Here I am talking conspiracy theories again. I must be going before Nim finds me again.

2 Likes

I’m just sour right now. It’s a big bummer to find out that getting to level 1000 and beyond got me nowhere close to those that did it before me. It’s like founding out that the Wizard of Oz was a fat guy with a stupid mustache all along.

Don’t get bummed out man. They still need to put a path forward for these issues.

Not to mention I’m just throwing out observations and talking nonsense probably.

End-gamers are still winning though. More guild tasks completed, higher buffs, more legendary tasks, etc. It just went from having a huge advantage, to a somewhat smaller one.

Keep pushing for the changes that you want to see. Notice I never said your ideas are stupid or shit. Just posting my opinions man.

1 Like

Yeah, we’re all here for the same reason - we love this game.

Outside of a couple of moments, this thread was pretty civil. Some people just like to shit all over other people because the can’t handle criticism or something.

You were kind enough throughout (and you always have been), I got no complaints. :+1:

1 Like

I agree with the completionist idea in the game. You’re here to try to have all the cards you need including mythic. And yes I think that once you get 4x mythic you should no longer pull it out. I know that you will get less than 4 mythic per month so the frequency of release of new mythic should be lowered (make good legendaries instead!).

So for those who want and are willing to pay the price, you should have a way of pulling random mythic (adding the saftey of max 4 copies per mythic).

With the souls I have right now, at 200k apiece, I could buy 19 mythic cards. Months of grinding? Please, it hurts when I laugh.

4 Likes

So… being at level 90ish… I’m slready running into a lot of teams with multiple legendary dragons (that I don’t have) that are doing endless loops if fook fook games.

So… yeah… git gud or git lucky right?

1 Like

Honest Wednesday morning. If I could do everything in this game without having to go through the headache of interaction with the other players in pvp and their bullshit teams, I’d do it in a heartbeat.

Only been playing 3 weeks and I’m tired of what I see. This thread is also confirming a lot of “WoW all over again”.

1 Like

Yeah there is a bit of luck involved since this game has rng like so many others. If you haven’t already joined an active guild where you can get a bit of rewards I would, so you can increase your chances.

You touched on something we all hate and are actively trying to get the devs to change though. Which is seeing the same teams over and over.

Try switching to a single troop defense, and see if that helps you see any different teams. Or more variety.

Also i’m not sure what you have completed so far as a level 80, but completing kingdom questlines will net you some pretty decent epic troops.

1 Like

I’m sure they’ll think of something. They gave us Legendary tasks, didn’t they?

4 Likes

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure that if a lightning strikes at you your chances of death are huge, not the card but still death… :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway. @HKdirewolf i don’t want a mythic for just souls, as i said a lot of resources as proposed by Eika is more in line with what i think is fair for all players. I have close to 3K of gems right now and i’m waiting for the other mythics to be available in chests, Ra included. I have Draakulis, Plague and Death x2. It is possible that i’ll get a copy or just a random Mythic or even nothing… If i could use all my gems, a huge load of souls and some other stuff to get Famine then i would gladly do it, later i would aim at War to finish the four Horsemen because i would like to have them all at least. Saying that people would have zero interest on spending in the game is not entirely true, having huge resource sink like this could reduce the huge reserves of veterans and mid-veterans and entice some people to buy the “15 daily gems pack” in order to speed-up the process i think.

The fact that older players have more resources at the present and they could finish their collections doesn’t makes it unfair. They were here before, and played all this time collecting stuff. I’m about to complete one year in the game and during all this time what i got is well deserved so far, a new player will probably do better than me and that’s also fine AND expected by the way, otherwise new players would be doomed.

Damn, i knew they would share that picture someday… I need better friends. :wink:

1 Like

When you try your best, but you don’t succeeeeeeed.

2 Likes

You’re likely not the majority and even if you are, you won’t be for long under the new economy.

While you and other like you can pull mythics every time they arrive, the rest of us are stuck wanting in one hand and shitting in the other and seeing which one fills up first.

1 Like

So… here’s a day in the life of a newb.

10 pvp matches here’s the Legendary+ creatures i ran in to

Sylvanimar + Dragon Soul
pharos Ra + Draakulis
Famine + Webspinner + Shadow Dragon
Abynissia + Shadow Dragon
Jarl Pay To Win
Korvash
Dragon Soul
shadow dragon
Abynissia
Korvash

So yeah…

And yes… I’m in a good guild getting guild seals.

I’ve gotten Gloom Leaf…

Gloom Leaf :laughing: I don’t mean to laugh at your pain I promise, but that is funny. That was my first Legendary as well.

He definitely is no where near as potent as he used to be in the early game. I’m sorry that is brutal. I wish you a lot of luck on your next chest pull. The second you get Bone Dragon you’ll be caught up to the rest of us in power!

The truth is it really is luck though. We’ve all been eventually lucky in our chest pulls.