Make mythics available for [x]...maybe souls?

There is a way to still make these limited, just like as we have certain seasons where we can get the imps in the chests. It’s a model on other free to play games where some events with old characters/content will be re-released again or sold on some fashion. For GoW we could have an week where we could craft the older Mythics we need in groups of four starting with the Horsemen.

No one or at least not many people are getting 100-250k souls in a week my friend.

End-game players would instantly have access to them, where as anyone else would have to hope to earn enough.

Another fine example of “git gud scrub” mentality he mentioned.

That’s still what this whole suggestion leads to. End-gamers being able to get all the shiny things, while the rest of us don’t.

Which is fine under certain circumstances, but I for one do NOT think end-gamer status should provide you that luxury.

Right now everyone is fine with it because we’re all playing by rng rules but if they were guaranteed, I feel people would feel a little different about it.

3 Likes

Exactly, but that’s something that at least leaves some… hope… for the players. I’m not saying that in one week you should be able to gather 200k+ souls and more stuff like what @Eika suggested.
But it is something that can be worked out as a long term goal as long as you feel interested in the game, and a good way to keep some players interested is letting them know that there is a way to finally finish your collection without gambling with your luck or lack of the same.

Well it’s late here and i’ll review things tomorrow (more like later today after some sleep), but i’m not asking for instant re-relase of all Mythics to be forever at your reach to be crafted at our whim, or that Sirrian should release an “one week only event” allowing us to craft some Mythics while he laughs like a madman watching people lose their sleep, their hair and sanity collecting souls over and over because the end of the week is coming and they’ll lose their chance forever…

Let’s say for example: From today in five months we will have the first chance to craft/buy the Horsemen using our resources during a week. Six months later four more Mythics. Another six months later the Horsemen again since we can’t get them in event chests… Another roll of six months and four more Mythics that weren’t available to craft… And so on, and on…

Well, good night. Catch with you guys later.

I would just say that’s a huge gamble. Waiting that long would not make me play the game longer for sure.

If people find the game boring after playing for a year, getting troops won’t make them play any longer.

Also that still doesn’t fix the issue that I presented. The end-gamers would still instantly get it while others would have to work for it for a very long time. Still not fair, no.

Which I personally don’t care either way if someone has something that I don’t, but it must be presented to all in a way that all have a chance. Which is why rng is super frustrating but works so well.

Thus probably one of the many reasons lots of companies go this route. Obviously because it’s a great money-maker as well.

Do you know how long it would take the average end-gamer to get 200K souls for one Mythic?

Now imagine an early or mid-gamer sacrificing literally EVERY other aspect of the game for MONTHS to get a single Mythic.

The idea that this would happen is fallacious. The idea that the game would flow with free mythics is completely absurd.

Really, you think no one would target getting souls only?

And to the free flow of mythics, that’s exactly what would happen for the real long time playing end-gamers.

Not all end-gamers are overflowing with extra currency. In fact the number of those people is small in comparison to people like me who hit end-game after the guild update.

We’ve literally got the worst of both worlds - we don’t have anything to look forward to like the new players do and we don’t have the capital to scratch out the little remaining content like the pre-2.0 end-gamers do.

They’d be stupid to. They’d be missing out on 99% of the game. Quite frankly if they really want to do that why would it be a problem? Nobody would have to worry about them in PVP because they wouldn’t even be able to field a minimally viable team.

How many of those people do you really think there are? How many of those people ALREADY have a majority of the mythics?

You’ve got to recognize that there’s not end-gamer “haves” and everybody else is the have nots.

There are end-gamer “haves” AND end-gamer “have nots” in this game.

Because then a huge portion of the playerbase would be playing explore and not playing or paying for f— all else. That’s my point. You yourself said a huge portion of these game is collecting, and collecting the best troops at that. So if someone says, “hey you all can get the highest quality troops in the game for souls,” what do you think people are going to do? Farm souls as hard and fast as they can.

That literally takes away the need for all other currencies because who cares about the other troops at that point? When you can “buy” the highest quality troops in the game.

Lot of back and forth in this thread, and good points on both sides. We are not likely to see troops being handed out for stuff that can be straight farmed. They purposely went against this route when they changed the guild economy. It wasn’t about “fairness” buffs to lower levels or any other thing claimed in the release thread, but about severely limiting the amount of gains for any given player in any given week. Therefore, asking for something like straight souls into any troop (especially if you can choose which) is simply not realistic.

At the core, all people really want is a path to obtain everything. The other side of the argument is acting like those asking four soul crafting want the mythics “now”, when the main thing they are looking for it is to be possible and influenced in some way by your gameplay.

As the game stands now, the only realistic way to obtain a specific mythic is to obtain it during its exclusive release period. Not only is this the highest chance, but rather importantly, it is the lowest cost to obtain the mythic. Raw drop rates aside, we know how much the relative cost is from the various chests. If you have access to VIP chests (and assuming the droprates stated are actually correct), your average cost to get a mythic is x gems. If you don’t, its 2x gems. If you try to get it during its event kingdom week, its 3x gems (the other drops which are usually a total waste, not to mention the several month wait). If you try to obtain Pharos-Ra after Friday, the average cost is 9x gems (18x using gem chests). Next month this goes up. And the month after that. And the month after that. It is already unrealistic to expect you’ll ever get a missing horseman to drop, even in a top guild, possibly even with spending the $50 per month.

Pretty much everyone in this thread arguing for getting mythics from pure souls is just asking that everyone be able to get everything eventually. However, what is happening here is that the entire position is being strawmanned by the whole “free mythic for 200k souls” thing, which, yes, is stupidly low. Not to mention incentivizing bad gameplay habits. It would me take about 20 hours of soul farming completely trivial battles (without Pharus-Ra, and not counting the 40k+ extra earned from tributes each week) to grind that out, with PvP being an afterthought at that point, which absolutely would cause burnout. And with that being the quickest path to the goal (by about 2-3 times) there is no doubt others would as well.

I feel it would be somewhat realistic to offer souls as crafting a component (with incidental gem and stone costs) to craft troops that you already have, and a new resource (obtained by disenchanting) along with gem, stone, and souls costs to obtain a troop that you do not. Whereas a mythic during its exclusive period would have an average cost of x gems, a new mythic obtained via crafting would have a cost of 2x gems, with several steps and actual farming needing to be done along the way. In a similar fashion, if a legendary costs x gems worth of event keys during its event kingdom, crafting it should cost about 2x. Keep in mind that resources spent in this fashion would not be going to getting other, random legendaries, you either get 2 legendaries and 80 or so other event keys worth of stuff, or one specific legendary. Anyone “instantly” obtaining things using this method would be spending way more resources than are available week to week, and would not be able to sustain it indefinitely (not to mention, these are the people that have pretty much everything, anyway). But those that have a troop they really want now have a method to actually target it. There would also be no months where I spend, say, 5x and get nothing, which is beyond frustrating.

As far as “breaking the economy” is concerned, it pretty much is broken. Specific troops that are total gamechangers in terms of opening the game up to actually make progress (eg., The Dragon Soul, or even just any good blue legendary and Valk) become harder and harder for new players to get as the pool gets diluted. Ascensions get slower and slower for everyone as the game wears on. Loot is heavily frontloaded due to the task system, you get a bunch of stuff all in the span of usually a few hours and spin the wheel, then pretty much don’t have anything to spend for the rest of the week (or month, for mythic hunters). You don’t get a favorite troop that you can target an ascend, you get a huge amount of random ascensions all at once. It isn’t even grinding at this point, its waiting. Waiting for the event reset. Waiting for an event kingdom to come around. Waiting for the next kingdom release. Waiting for the next mythic release. Patience can only get you so far when your actions in game have such little impact toward any given goal. At that point, the game is playing you.

Of course, all that is from a pure gameplay standpoint. Even that much is probably unrealistic for a game where the devs will not even disclose the specific drop rates of chests so they can just change them whenever they want (yes, this is one of their stated reasons for not disclosing, with the other being, basically, that people dont understand probability). Point is, mythics aren’t a chase item unless you can actually chase them, which, as of now, you can’t.

4 Likes

And forgoing the rest of the game. They’d be getting zero gems, very little gold, and little to no guild involvement. Grinding nothing but souls for a new player would literally be the dumbest thing they could do. They’d be retarding their progress for months just to get one Mythic. You’re fooling yourself if you think PVP would suddenly cease to exist. Making mythics available for souls wouldn’t even make a dent, that’s how lopsided the PVP rewards are and would continue to be.

Just a simple logic question for you - if a player is 100% focused on obtaining 2% of the total troop cards available how is that person “collecting”?

You really can’t talk about souls grinding with Pharos-Ra when he himself is a Mythic that a tiny fraction of the player base actually possesses.

The rich continue to get richer and the rest of us are shit out of luck.

Some great points in your post, but a couple of things I have to add.

You can target mythics. They tell you when they’re coming. Everyone is on a fair playing field as far as that is concerned.

Absolutely correct about players farming for souls.

I do think we all need a path forward to guarantee something, but it has to either be worth a lot of something thus basically handing it to end-game players, or paid for by money, or add a new chest that takes souls but still has rng involved.

Also I’ve mentioned this some time ago as I saw this was going to be a problem early on. We absolutely have a “too many troops in chests to pull from problem.” The devs need to fix this either by increasing the drop rate, or finding some way to target them. I think they want us doing this with event keys as of now though.

My answer to this was to make sure event chests drop at least separate troops. As opposed to the 36 of one troop, and not enough of another we have now.

No it’s not a level playing field. The pre-update end-gamers have literally thousands of keys saved and even more currency behind that to buy more when those are gone. They have a nearly guaranteed way to get them at launch while the rest of us have to scrimp and save. And it’s wonderful when you save gems for a month, open 50 VIP chests and get 8 or 9 more legendaries you already have.

Yeah but you’re forgetting that they did this on purpose. They purposefully made it take longer to get enough rewards. They were too out of whack before. So asking them to guarantee you something likely isn’t going to happen.

Now you have to save save save and if rng f—ks you then you’re SOL. But we are all on the same playing field as far as rng is concerned.

Furthermore, a lot of new and mid-game players simply can’t target mythics when they launch because they don’t have the buying power. The same group of people that have all the shiny toys get all the new shiny toys and the rest of us either get lucky or get screwed.

No we’re not. Other players of my level, who happened to get there before the updates, have massive resource caches. This slowing down of the economy hit most of us, like you and me, as predicted but the expected dent in the richest 5% just didn’t happen.

Watch Tacet’s videos. He not only gets every new troop, but he maxes them out day 1. And his resource store still counts in the thousands.

They didn’t fix anything.