Lots of Previews - Guild Wars, Crafting, Dungeons, and more!

15 min is plenty of time. Just get a 2nd ps4 and do them at the same time

2 Likes

You’ve easily peaked my interest for 3.1!

Starting from the top!

I’m glad Guild Wars are returning soon. (These last two weeks have been: :sleeping:)

Fine with bonuses being reduced. Didn’t care either way really.

Also good to know the overall GW system won’t change too heavily, just the scoring. (I like colored days.)

I like the UI changes. The fantasy theme is fun and could return as an alternative skin in the future. (DLC?)
It feels fresher, smoother, easier to navigate! (Hopefully, the Troops page gets the same treatment. Yes?)

Soulforge is looking nice! I’d already figured it wouldn’t be as simple as “10,000 Souls = Mythic of your choice”. This will give me time to properly appreciate it by not having everything at arm’s length.

And finally, Dungeons. Oh. MY. XATHENOS, do I love the idea of dungeons! I look forward to having something else to do (besides Guild Wars) every day now! It’s a bit unfortunate another currency is being added as that’ll bring further confusion to new players. (The number of mobile games with 6+ currencies in place that have baffled me, it’s quite the list.)
I entirely realize the necessity behind it, but we got Gold, Souls, Gems, Glory, Traitstones, Guild Seals, Event Tokens (AKA: Snot Stones) and now Jewels. I think you can see where it might become a bit overwhelming.

All-in-all, I’m looking forward to Guild War’s return, and 3.1!
P.S. Oh, and the additional changes to GW for 3.1.5 (or later) look fine too.

9 Likes

And im hoping for a raid boss mode in 3.2 :slight_smile:

Guild team dungeon raids would be great. Not sure how it will be implemented, will leave that to the experts.

1 Like

Just worth remembering people that stuff for 3.1 (especially crafting and dungeons) can still change a lot between now and release. So things aren’t set in stone.

Having said that, you’ll see a lot of Free to Play mobile games have a rotating dungeon system, where a different one is available each day of the week. So I think that while you can get elemental jewels on different days of the week, there will probably be other methods to get them as well in smaller quantities (maybe they will be added to treasure maps or something?) that can be played at any time, albeit with some randomness as to which element you get. So if you need a specific element, you’ll want to do the dungeons on that element’s day of the week, other wise you’ll be able to use the other methods to farm the jewels in general. The overall idea being that the dungeons aren’t required unless you specifically need a certain element. Eg the same as if you want a specific traitstone you go to a kingdom that drops it, otherwise you can get them randomly from PVP/GW.

4 Likes

I’m glad we finally have some news, but I have mixed feelings about it.

• Good to know GW is coming back next week, but sounds like a lot of the changes are going to be another long wait.
  • I really don’t like the weekly troop bonus reduction, as the week with just no double bonus (so max 25%) eliminated almost all event defenses so it was all meta teams.
  • Altering the scoring system is a good thing, but the lack of details and transparency is frustrating. Once again, it will be difficult to choose a decent strategy if we don’t know the rules, and auditing the results and understanding bugs will be near impossible. Hopefully this secrecy will disappear with a proper description when it’s released at the end of the week. I understand that it may be tweaked later, but that shouldn’t be a reason not to properly inform us, as follow-up posts can always be made when those tweaks occur.
  • Very pleased that only the top 27 players will be counted. One of the suggestions from before guild wars was released (along with being able to play on any day) that I wish was implemented originally.
  • Defensive scoring is also a very welcome change, but curious on how this will work. Is it a straight multiplier based on using different troops, regardless of how well they perform? It will be interesting to see how good things are balanced between wanting to have a successful/challenging defense compared to just making sure you have random troops for a bonus on your winning scores.

Overall most of the changes sound pretty good, but until more specific details are released or we have a chance to try them out it will be difficult to evaluate how much of an improvement this will be. Looking forward to 3.1.5…

4 Likes

Hope they will never be added to treasure maps only in addition to the dungeons, that would had killed endgame players :stuck_out_tongue:

GANGSTA! And 10

Interesting new things, good to see that my (old) prediction of a new (sort of premium) resource to be gathered on some game mode was right.
The Dungeons have a lot of potential with all the freedom the devs now have using Unity, hopefully we will see some new effects on the board and just not on the Bosses like:

• Matching Red gems (both player and A.I) causes burning on the player’s troops.

Just a simple example, but maybe it still requires a lot of work and planning until they find the right measures for such battles.

And probably packs of Jewels in the store for $ome value.

2 Likes

Cry. I’m so excited that new stuff is happening. Stop crying. Holla at me.

1 Like

@Ozball are some troop reworks and changes to be expected in this 3.1 update?

I don’t know sorry. I don’t have inside information unfortunately :cry:

2 Likes

Thats cool. I just hope that they will rework Boraelis soon.

1 Like

same with treasure maps!

look out Justice Justice and more Justice!

I doubt we will ever see the Jewels in treasure maps or anything else. Jewels for me, makes more sense like its a very difficulty resource to get, they probably will only be found in Dugongs and packs from the shop. If I am wrong, oh well…

1 Like

And I thought I had it bad at 2mil lol

This is just a first look relax it will change like any other game hence the beta testing

I like the changes, forging and big boss battles woohoo. This game keeps dragging me back and this is why. The only thing I kind of don’t like is the Paragon battle being the same. Friendly guild competition to be Paragon was kind of fun. I liked my idea of just being able to choose which enemy you attacked at the old point levels. It would be a risk/reward fight the general or the foot soldier. Overall very happy and soon can’t get here soon enough…wait we’ve got very little notice the last few Updates that means it comes tomorrow right! Lol

One more thing Soul Forge requires gems or battles to level up. Man that’s going to be a lot of fighting or gems to get to level 10 and be able to make mythics.