Lots of Previews - Guild Wars, Crafting, Dungeons, and more!

From what I recall, Sirrian said not every mythic would be available every week for crafting. So you don’t have to get to level 10 each week – just the ones where you need to fill a hole in your collection, or pick up an extra copy of Famine so you can field four of them at once.

1 Like

I think once you have the forge leveled it stays leveled. Just going from 9-10 takes 400 kills and that doesn’t count the other 9 levels.

2 Likes

Long time players should get an advantage. We have put in the time and effort.

Not just to your comment , but others like it we should be ahead of the new and mid level players. We been here two and three years :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I’ve been with this game for about 2 years as well and have 2 active accounts. Besides long time players get plenty of advantages.

I don’t have a problem with the statues boosting the player’s troops stats in GW or the kingdom bonuses applying in GW. What I consider improper is they get a scoring boost too. They already get a combat value boost with their guild’s statues. They don’t need and nor should they get a second boost in scoring. A good analogy is a soccer match in England between say a premier league team and team from the next league down. The premier league gets 2 points for each goal while the lower level team only gets one point. It’s basically the same thing. You can see how unfair and improper that would be.

A person from a beginning guild who wins a given battle and has the 4 troops with the appropriate color to get the bonus should get the same number of points for the guild as a player with the same line-up who wins the same battle who happens to be in one of the top guilds. Scoring fairly like this will also give you a truer indication of how well a guild is really doing in GW.

(I see US just beat Jamaica in the Gold Cup 2-1.)

One question I just thought of. If the base score is going to be the same for all levels of opponents, why have the different levels? What purpose does that serve?

1 Like

Fights will be harder for paragon but same points then soldier i also think paragon should give more points

Or perhaps the bonuses should be increased or perhaps used in addition to some sort of static bonus to defensive teams as you progress (+0/+1/+2/+3/+4) to make it get harder.

To be honest I wonder how interesting it might be if they kicked up the difficulty on GW battles significantly so that on average people’s expectation could be set to be say 3 wins would be above average result and 5 wins was incredibly difficult to achieve. Making losses hurt less but victories sweeter

So I read the opening post from @sirrian.

I haven’t read the other 160+ posts…! Teach me for being in the office 14 hours yesterday…

But… looks like great news and great things coming, well done to devs - just get a move on and get it to us more quickly :smiley:

1 Like

Bro nobody cares about soccer.
Your favorite movie is GREEN STREET HOOLIGANS

Holla at me

So far this crafting system looks like garbage.

I just wanna know how long it will take to craft a Mythic…so I can decide if I wanna play this game any longer.

Almost lvl 1200 I just want the better Mythics!!! :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

For me this all looks like another try and error. First they brake the whole game and then they go and not fix what they have broken but intead they try to convince us that a “better” UI and crafting will make it great again. I am not that easily fooled.The “carrott” approach might work for others… I’m already bored.

1 Like

I noticed they still haven’t added with this dungeon or future defense team setups ways to increase your guild guardian statues doing basic task only can take lower guilds 6-8 months to get their guardian statues to Level 100 yet again that really needs to be addressed otherwise how long before these lower guilds just disband , you want newer players opportunities to enjoy the game I really say you need to look into that feature as well… imo feedback is appreciated but not expected

First of all, great that there will be new content in game, especially for end-game players.
Second, I really don’t understand how gem spawners nerf seems to be ignored, cause, imho, that’s what caused huge frustration with GW in last few weeks when they were on.
All mid-tier players don’t have a fair chance in assembling color teams since nerf happened. All variety in team making that devs try to develop is nullified with gem spawners nerf. Yes, I understand pro players don’t have much of a problem with it, neither do completely casual players. Everyone else in between will continue to feel frustrated with guild wars, cause efficient ways of countering GW defenses are significantly reduced, sometimes close to none. That caused quite a number of players to quit GOW completely or to rage at gw, where you can’t go on a second run and improve what you did (like you can in PVP).
And please, don’t tell me it’s more fair this way, if I wanted to have 50% chances of winning something, I’d be flipping coins with friends.

2 Likes

amazing changes :grin:

I like the changes, except for the mana gathering bonus points.
It’s like rewarding yourself for the endless cascades.

Without a fix for that, it’s just going to be another random win bonus.

Reward playing well.
Not RNG

1 Like

I like the idea of rewarding for ratio of 4- and 5- matches, since the player has more control over those than straight mana generation. Pure mana collection also gives Jinx a way back into the meta, and stacked Jinx needs to go the way of the dodo.

THE SHOCKING INFORMATION YOU ARE ALL IGNORING*

Is they can easily adjust point awards (that complicated new Sirrian way) without a patch. So chill, they can tweak it every week.

4 Likes

Not wanting to sound too negative, but this does feel a lot like playing darts without knowing the scoring rules. One of the most important traits of good players is that their are able to hit their intended target pretty well, these new rules keep it secret what exactly to aim for though. Speaking just for me, I’d really like to know where the bullseye located. In my opinion, having us throw darts blindly and hoping for the best result changes guild wars from a skill based to a luck based event, at least where the top brackets are involved.

Any chance you could disclose the full scoring rules for those crazy players among us who play guild wars competitively? Especially in case the formulas are not set in stone and might get tweaked on-the-fly?

9 Likes

i also find it interesting that all are talking about the new stuff what is coming but not about fixing the gem spawners nerf .how will a mid level player who has not a huge amount of good cards counter all teams in guild wars?
i know there are good players who doesnt matter but whats with the rest?
Please consider fixing the gem spawn

4 Likes

Please be aware these aren’t the only things coming in the near future, I’m sure we’ll be seeing fixes to various issues as well. This isn’t patch notes, this is a preview.

2 Likes

No, pretty sure we all didn’t agree on this.

However, there were squeaky wheels that needed oil :no_mouth: Wasn’t broke, didn’t need fixing?

Lastly

Did an American type this out for you Sirrian?

2 Likes