If You Could Rename PVP

They should get over it. There is a limit to how much anyone can bow to anothers need. Being intimidated by PvP is beyond any level of reasonability and should be a non-factor for devs concerns.

I dont know how people can function in real life when they are concerned by things like that. God help you

Dev’s concern is attracting and keeping players. If they fail at that, this game goes away. If the name PVP turns away players who don’t like PVP, or players who feel misled by the offer of PVP… that isn’t in any of our interest.

Obviously I have no idea whether those “ifs” are true enough to be an issue - whether the PVP label is an actual liability. As Lyya says, finding out would have costs that are more than likely not worth it.

On the other hand, the kind of contempt you’re expressing for people who just don’t happen to like something you do… well, knock yourself out.

3 Likes

Im entitled to an opinion even if it is a strange concept around here to not conform to every single piece of politically correct nonsense that comes along.

Dont need anyones permission to state that I believe it is nothing less than daft. I think we already know they will not lose a significant portion of the userbase if they continue with that heinous PvP term :rolling_eyes:

I think the only problem is PVP implies a real time match. At least that’s been my experience with many other games. It’s why I avoided PVP for a long time.

1 Like

It absolutely does imply that. Thats what I was expecting when I first read that the game had PvP… I was disappointed

1 Like

Pvp will soon enough mean what it implies. So maybe they’ll consider changing the name for the player vs. ai version. Probably something like Invade/Invasion, or Onslaught.

Is PvAI not sexy enough?

I was thinking more like BOFA…

Bofa deez…

For the sake of better argument, let’s remove the subjectivity of player opinion out of it. Whether one person finds it “intimidating” is irrelevant, because, speaking objectively, the current name is a misnomer and therefore worthy of a change on that merit alone.

PvP means player vs player.
GoW’s current PvP is actually player vs AI.
It should be changed.

Period. :wink:

And as a post script: The devs have insinuated that actual PvP is coming which will only serve to “muddy the waters” even more if the “current PvP” doesn’t receive said name change.

I’m out.

Drop the mic… again… :wink:

1 Like

While I do like your response I feel there should have been a pause between Mic and Again.
They way you have it sounds rushed and accidental. I picture you fumbling with the mic and dropping it on your toe then running off smacking yourself in the head. Perhaps I read it weird.

2 Likes

“sounds rushed” I give him 5/7.

Good point! Post edited! :wink:

Drop the mic? Haven’t heard or seen that nonsense since forever. ROFLMAO. My bullhorn is louder anyway. :wink:

Just change PvP to Train and Attack…because there’s nothing wrong with some T&A…despite the other thread. :wink:

1 Like

Player vs power creep
pvpc

1 Like

Indeed.

Invade still sounds best to me. Or Pillage for the less glamorous

Mostly… nothing seems desperately broken, there’s no one dominant meta, the matches I see on three trophies are pretty varied…

I would like to see some fine-tuning on balance and/or fixes… Mab and Khorvash are too strong, as is Famine… heroes have ridiculous stats currently (I believe that is a bug) so a hero with that Familiar trait takes forever to get rid of… there’s a very long list of legendaries, and the odd mythic, that really need buffing to get even more variety in…

So yes @lyya I’m pretty happy with PvP at the moment… the new guild system needs a few tweaks though!

2 Likes

I think “Invasion” or “Invade” would be the best options for renaming.

As for the current state of defense teams, I agree that it’s much less stale now than before the Maw nerf. There will always be popular troops and cookie cutter teams, but at least there is a wider variety of them. And the buffed Hero helps that, so bugged or not I like that change.

1 Like

.[quote=“Lyya, post:29, topic:13011, full:true”]
Sorry, I had very bitter coffee this morning and I’m now taking out my wrath upon Internet minutiae.
[/quote]

We’re two peas in a pod. Hold on while I go start a fresh pot.

On the topic of the post though, I do know a lot of people that are actually put off PvP because they can’t be reasoned with and one that even plays PvP occasionally because he’s convinced that the AI is another person.

Changing the name would benefit more people than I think most realize

Well… it definitely wouldn’t pass the Turing’s Test on its best day :wink:

I never said that they were smart.And hearing them go on about balance is annoying. Preeeeeeeetty sure his least favorite troop in the game is Fortress Gate or some shit because of “how broken it is”. Same type of people that complain about Ashe from LoL being OP (despite being actually less strong than other champs that do similar things). But that’s a discussion for another thread.