Finnigan Hinklebolt: Apprentice... Ordinaire (A GoW Fan Fiction)

Link to Ep. 4

FH: A… O, Episode 5

“Finn? Finn!? Krystara to Finn. Come in Finn.” Slowly coming to his senses Finn turned to his “sister”. “Oh…uh…um, sorry. I was…” “Distracted?” she cut him off. “Clearly! But what were you dwelling on? You look like you’ve seen a ghost…” Finnigan could not share the truth of his reminiscence with her. Ghiralee was a great many things, but counselor she was not. And to reveal the truth of his past would only serve to force Ghiralee into uncomfortably deep waters.

“Did I lose you again?” she asked, her jovial facade giving way to genuine concern. As was his custom, Finn sequestered his own emotions, and plastered the smile that the world needed from him upon his pate. “Are you hungry?” he asked, the question clearly catching her off guard. “Well, I suppose I could eat…” Ghiralee answered non-committally. “Great! I overheard some of the maintenance workers talking about this new place…”

The two continued in high spirits to the new eatery where they sampled the finests sweets imported directly from Silverglade. They made sure to pick something scrumptious to bring home for Sparky too. “You know he wouldn’t expect anything…” chided Ghiralee. “In fact…” she chimed in, finishing her thought, “He’s probably just been locked in his workshop since he left the College.” Finnigan nodded his agreement, stating “While you are assuredly correct, it is still appropriate to bring him some sustenance.” Finn paused for the perfect comedic beat. “We are his children after all!” This old joke set the two of them off in another fit of frivolity. As they approached their home, their laughter suffered a swift death whence they spied the door to Sparkgrinder’s workshop swinging haphazardly in the chill Adanan wind.

Author’s Note: UH-OH! Sparkgrinder NEVER leaves the door to his workshop open… What could this possibly mean? For Sparky? For Ghiralee? For Finn? Find out in Episode 6. Coming soon to a Forum Thread near you! :wink:

6 Likes