Famine too strong for Guild War? [SOLVED]

Im talkimg about defense brudda im good on offense and i dont have death

Are you kidding me? Ever since this debate exists you and other Famine fanboys make all kinds of assumptions about people wanting Famine nerfed only want the game to be easy and have stuff handed to them for free.

3 Likes

Please link to me assigning motivation to ppl

Motivation and outcome tho easily confused are not the same thing

I think it is time to stop fighting about this. Famine is what it it is going to be now (at least on PC/Mobile - console has to wait for the final nerf). Just let it go (whichever “side” you were on).

2 Likes

The first thing i reacted to in this little exchange of ours.

Ya know what @Gouki nevermind i dont care… You are right i only think that everyone wanted famine nerfed because they want everything handed to them for free… It doesnt matter this game can go into the crapper for all i care

You are right, however this torchlight procession will never end. I can already smell the movement for another troop.

2 Likes

THAT IS AN EFFECT NOT AN ASSIGNMENT OF MOTIVATION PIMPIN… SEE MY POST ABOVE. Famine too strong for Guild War? [SOLVED] - #105 by Vangor

Of course @Stan you are right… This is pointless… Im just gonna put up 4x astral spirit and burn my famine cards and call it a day

3 Likes

The outcome is exactely what was to be expected. The FamineX Teams are whack, no synergy, no strategy beyond “My Famine is stronk let’s put more of 'em in the team!”. A team so weak on all points of teambuilding should never have been as succesful as it was and now it finally isn’t.

4 Likes

And now that famine is nerfed into the dirt there wont be any real challenge anywhere so why bother trying? Lets all just put up 4x war sphinx as GW def and determime winners by who has statues at lv 100 and who doesnt… That sounds much better

Being starved for mana by multiple Jinx and no fortune on the board until one Famine was ready and oneshot your stuff was never a challenge, you couldn’t influence it, your actions could not prevent you from not getting any manasurges until Famine was full, it was out of your hands, you just had to pray for no bad luck with surges or cascades.
A team just by being able to defeat you like this is no more a challenge than russian roulette is.

3 Likes

Ok you are right… Whatever

This would be expected but so far I feel like I saw more post asking to buff up more troops as today’ s buff were just not good enough maybe aside from Ketras .

1 Like

I went 3 and 2 in GW today and only saw one ‘meta’ defense from the #1 guild on PS4. That meta defence was my easiest win. The ones that beat me were clever teams that used this week’s event buffs and caught a little (but not outrageous) luck. I think I only saw 1 Famine in the bunch (and we only have the level 1 Famine nerf). There is still plenty of room to design good teams and have some success in this game, but you can’t expect that the same team will generate great results week after week after week.

So hats off to Santa’s Big Gifts - you guys clearly deserve to be where you’re at in the GW rankings. (Except for their leader, who was still running the ultra-boring Kraken/Valk/Justice/Mab team. Yawn.)

6 Likes

Losses, in my experience, are almost always due the the ‘Russian Roulette’ we play with the starting board and what mana gets presented throughout the match.

Famine just tipped the favour of this in the way of the AI slightly by way of all it’s methods (stat reduction, mana drain OSKs etc), so instead of playing and having one round in the revolver, Famine snuck in a couple more.

I can see this when: Famine defence wins almost 50% of battles, versus another good defence wins 20%.

2 Likes

I agree, though what i was getting at was that Famine didn’t increase the challenge. I didn’t need to play better against Famine teams, i didn’t need to bring my A-game, there was no “crunch time baby it’s against Famine, i have to play extra good now”, quite the opposite actually, Famine defenses were mostly very onedimensional, they just happened to have a good shot at winning under the right circumstances…

Its a valid argument @Gouki but nerfing him to the point of uselessness was imo the wrong answer

Honestly i think the Jury on Famines usefulness now is still out, i still see it as an exceptionell ‘counter multiple spell-based threats in one cast’ troop on offense.
Personally i would have settled with either nerf(24 mana or Jinx removed), but don’t think the full nerf make it useless.
However if it turns out to completely destroy Famine on defense and offense, i am all for revisiting the nerf in the future.