And new week in GW and what do we have --- Famine again

So you are saying that someone who doesnt have all cards and also not leveled and traited should have a good chance fighting vs someone who invested much more time and effort to get a traited mythic team?
The point of guild wars is to show that some are better than others. This isnt supposed only skillbased but also a playground for differently equipped players.
Yes, its hard to be on the recieving end but would also be unfair to take away more advanced players their edge they worked on.

3 Likes

You make a good point. However what they’ve said applies to advanced players as well even if they didn’t mention it.
Most of my teams are fully traited and fully ascended, however against the jinx, drain, deathmark and one shots you still need a tremendous amount of luck in order to beat certain defend teams.

The devs don’t need to make a new profile and join a guild in the top 100 bracket. Simply being in the higher brackets with any profile you’ll see it’s awful. I’ve already left one guild partially due to the bracket I was in and my current guild is rapidly climbing. I’ll more than likely leave this guild as well if it ends up being the same shit when we get there.

4 Likes

“A” fighting chance would be nice, no matter how many points you twist or make up to make your statement.

So it should be only luck based instead? So the winners are better at luck?

Nobody is trying to take away your edge. You can still play with you favorite cards.
Just in a way that it doesn’t ruin the game for 80/90% of the other players out there.

I am in the top 6 guild and in bracket 1 of guild wars. This week we are due to leavers of the guild with just 25 members. We are barely holding our position on 8th place. I know its hard sometimes but we just do this by winning a lot of our battles. Calculated to 30 players we would be on 2nd/3rd place directly behind intrim and anonymous.
Yeah, pvp is hard, yeah, people leave because of it. I understand you.
Something else? I did not use my Famines in any of my 6x 5/0 runs this week neither for defense.

Like I wrote in another thread:
Brown day
Honor
Cackatrice
Emperina / Khorvash / Troglodyte
Gard

Green day
Wulfgarok
Fenrir
Spirit Fox
Forest Guardian

etc.

Yes, I use one mythic per team, but I never use Deathmark or Famine. I lost 1 match in 3 weeks guild wars.
Thats not luck, thats not unbalanced cards, thats

3 Likes

What I want to say:
Its not the cards that are unbalanced.
Its not deathmark / famine that is unbalanced.
Its YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO WIN 100% of the time against other players that also expect to win 100% of the time…
There are winners and losers and you simply dont have the tools to be a 100% winner. Thats not the games fault, not your faul, not famines fault, its because you simply dont play as much and long as others.

4 Likes

If there’s no deathmark, devour, and famine, I don’t know how AI can win against human. Well EK-Mab and pre-nerfed BD can occasionally win but what else? Are you expecting people to put easy-to-fight troops like Goblins on defense?

I disagree that the only way you could beat that deck is to have extremely luck. Give some players a same deck and fight against same enemy, the result will still different. There’s also skills playing. Also every mechanics or troops in the game has its own counter. Example, for red days today, those psion would die by single skull hit from Valor. Kerberos would die by a single cast from Scarlett. Rock Troll is decent first spot troop to fight against DK-led decks and he dgaf if famine drain his magic to zero. Gard can silence all daemons, Moloch can drain, etc etc. And red is arguably the hardest color based on people poll.

Some people would say “It’s not that he’s hard to counter, it’s just I’m so tired seeing him everywhere, on every fights”. Now please answer my first question up there.

As for Famine, I do agree that his spell mana cost is too low for his ability. But I don’t agree if he’s way too OP. Yes he can one shot-ed your troop but only if your troops has huge amount of mana and you let him to cast.

8 Likes

This thread made me laugh.

Will you all not be content until all troops from the Wraith/BD/Courage/Famine team are nerfed? :rofl:

So far, Famine has escaped.

4 Likes

Hey, nobody has said anything about Wraith! Ssssh!

Deathmark getting nerfed to the ground will limit Wraith’s power.

People forget also Desdaemona will one shot Famine AND give an extra turn.

:wink:

1 Like

But… but… that would mean I have to look at all troops of this game to find counters to the opponents team that is shown me before battle. Thats not fair! I want my free rewards without having to work for it! Work is op! Nerf work!

4 Likes

What are your Desdaemona stats? Mine, base, does 19 True Damage, doubled to 38, but Famine has 43 Life?

I’m only missing Suncrest at 5 stars.

2 Likes

In my red daemon team she does 18 true damge, so 36 to yellows. My Famine has 35 HP.

I don’t have Silverglade at 5 stars either.

Can’t Famine have up to 53 health though with Kingdoms/completed guild tasks/sentinels?

1 Like

So in that case I would cast Desdaemona then follow up, due to the extra turn, with a Moloch or other true damage troop then famine is dead.

:thinking::wink:

At least some of us are trying to come up with ideas to make the game better for the largest part of the player base.
Sitting on your high horse and making fun of everyone who isn’t in your epeen class is not the way to make a game better.

Defense rewards should be improved for guild wars.
For example, a certain nr of points could be rewarded to your guild for every correct color card in your defense team. Lets say 50 points per card (or the equavalent of the percentage bonus shown on the schedule, aka 40% troop bonus would transalte to 40 points defense bonus). If your defense team wins, that score is doubled.
That would motivate people to set defense teams with the correct colors.

And if you don’t want to/can’t restrict people to not using duplicate cards in your team, then how about:
If you win against a team that uses duplicate cards, then you get double the points for that battle if you win.

1 Like

I built you a team that kills Famine. Dark Monolith doesn’t care too much about losing magic, damage is doubled if health is hit and every enemy spell he gains 3 magic back!
:wink:

That still only works if you are lucky enough to get enough mana to cast anything in the first place.
The double nerf to gem masteries severely limits your mana build up…

1 Like

See Eye of Mars’ post about work.

Not everything should be on a silver platter.

Edit: Using Fire Link and choosing your banner wisely can assist in charging specific troops quickly. In this example that team gets 5 red mana and 5 purple mana without a mana surge.

3 Likes

So you put up two troops, and spent an overall of 28 mana to kill a troop that in return can alone oneshot either of yours while also draining all your teams mana for just 20 ?
Great Counter!
Look if the concept of balancing doesn’t interest you it’s fine, just don’t take part into discussions about balancing then.
But arguing that a troop that is objectively overpowered to the point of being broken isn’t because you don’t care is quite ridiculous. If you don’t care that it is currently massively overpowered, you will also not care once it is balanced.

7 Likes