And new week in GW and what do we have --- Famine again

Must be a mythic Troll i haven’t drawn yet then -…-

4 Likes

[quote=“stanislav80, post:50, topic:23835, full:true”]
I am surprised, no one mentioned Famines traits, which when there 3 of them in the team are devastating. Halve enemy masteries is very strong trait and when I played against 3 I got one mana surge in entire game.
And his 3rd trait is even worse. 3 skill points each turn for each famine is incredibly strong. After 5 turns my Gorgotha had 0 magic and became useless.[/quote]
Almost spot on. I think however Jinx is the real culprit here (besides the mana cost of the spell). It cannot be stunned, removed or countered in any way. It’s just applied at the start of the match (please correct me if I’m wrong here). In multiples it is devastating. Without happy cascades or dumb AI giving away 4 or 5 matches, it is really hard to get anything going before Famine is charged. Or charged again.

The 3rd trait, while incredibly strong, can be countered. Temporarily, with stun. But why does it take the same amount of magic compared to life or armor? A few dents in the armor or life pool not a big deal. A few hits on magic however, renders a lot of troops useless in the spell department. Big RNG factor.

1 Like

At least in PVP you have the choice of skipping those teams, which gives the community as a whole to remove all rewards from using such a team (no one fights you = no rewards).

In guild wars it’s impossible to skip… Making it a real problem.

I agree with either the traits shouldn’t stack, or just remove the ability to use a card more then once in guild wars altogether.

1 Like

That doesn’t make it op though. There are other troops that fill all your blue troops and create an extra turn by it, Valkyrie being the most obvious one. And Valk is much more reliable, cheaper and much less situational than Nyx, who gets pretty aweful when it drains significantly less than 10 mana.

Also my Nyx missed on green day when i drained a fully loaded Famine and me and Nyx don’t talk anymore since.

5 Likes

I think it’s now time we reconsidered this for the whole game

No duplicate troops should be allowed in team builds, attack or defence, any game mode. There are 350 troops in the game (nearly), people have plenty of options. The ‘it restricts choice’ argument is fatuous - it will encourage strategy, choice and diversity, rather than sticking three of the same (e.g. Spirit Fox, Scale Guard) in a line with no thought.

11 Likes

ARG I just fought my last fight of the day, gorgotha, black manacles death Knight, aby, and famine.

I want to smash something.

I started out with gorgotha, korvash, black manacles, goblin King. Managed to kill everything but famine, went down to manacles and king. Famine subsequently filled and cast 3 times before I was even close to being able to do anything. Never mind the fact that my hero was at 0 magic from turns wasted taking useless Mana.

I am so pissed off right now I can not sleep. I haven’t been this mad in a while. Even when I lost Tuesday to a double Queen ysabelle team with 400 armor.

Please nerf famine, NOW.

5 Likes

Jinx is the worst, yes.

But when you have TWO Famines in a deck (which I do more often than not in PVP) it’s impossible to stun both of them most of the time.

If things slow down, literally it neuters your entire team. Imagine Gorgotha with the ability to explode 4 gems. Yeah, it has happened.

3 Likes

Absolutely 100% yes.

Oh it happens alright. My paragon fight today slowed down to the point that there was only one useless match on the board. Gorgotha exploded 3 gems, 15 Mana for 3 explosions. Never mind the fact that the only thing doing anything to him was famine. Famines trait did about 70-80 health damage over the course of my fight, for free. But not before sucking all of my first troops magic away.

2 Likes

As i see your Avatar just now, funnily with the infinite Famines i faced it was a Clockwork Knight that got the douchebag of the day rage from me today.
When he chaincasted his spell 6 consecutive times in a turn by “randomly” hitting a colour that allways had 4+match allignment with yellow, filling his teams two Famines in the process and actually getting me to curse at the screen.^^

4 Likes

I think they should start by increasing Famine cost to 24 mana. I was genuinely surprised the devs lowered it down to 20 when it received its post-release buff way back in the day.

7 Likes

Well damn, every time I use him he transforms the same color over and over. Most of the time when there isn’t any of that color on the board.

3 Likes

Yeah, it often fills in a couple of turns. 20 is way too low. :+1:

2 Likes

You might do a search. At one point, I believe his spell was bugged but I think it was fixed.

I was there when they found the bug that he only transformed blue and purple.

But this isn’t that, this is just rng telling it to transform the one color that has 2 gems on the board.

1 Like

ROFL

That’s the RNG we know and love.

I swear if i ever get hold of RNGsus im gonna crucify him

3 Likes

Problem is, his resurrect trait has a 100% chance to proc, so good luck with that!

3 Likes

Guild wars is epicly failing due to cards like this.

Final fight today: Psion, Famine, Draakulis, Famine.

You can try your ass off as a normal player against this team, but the only way you’re gonna win is with extreme luck. The card is so seriously overpowered, it’s actually useless to even do the fight, unless you can go in with a double famine team yourself to equalize the playing field.

Due to the massive nerf to your gem masteries, you will never get anywhere, unless the RNG is on your side and gives you 4/5 moves to either allow you to cast stuns on the right cards or trait stun the right cards. Which happens maybe 1 in 10 fights… The other 9 you lose.

So whole guilds hit brick walls here, because only a few players are either equiped or lucky enough to win such a battle.

Guild wars is supposed to make it fun to play with different teams (color bonus) against teams from other guilds.

But all it does is make the game a horrible experience for players who have not been playing since day 1 and have all mythics x4 with all traits.

All the devs should start a new character, join a guild in the top 100 brackets, and participate in guild wars.
You will quickly see that it’s not fun, and that some serious things need to happen.

First of all: No more multiple cards in 1 team.
1 card can have a really cool design and traits/spell. But more then 1 of them in one team can break it in such a way, that it makes it unplayable for more then 50% of your player base (probably closer to 80/90%).

This can be ignored in PvP.
But it actually breaks the game in such a way for guild wars, that it makes players just want to quit all together.

Second of all: The scores need to be revised, not 50-100-200-400-750 (1500 total), but more like 200-250-300-350-400 (also 1500 total), because there is no control over how tough a fight is, so you shouldn’t have a difference of 700 points between the lowest and hardest fight, if they could be the exact same team to fight against.

5 Likes

btw, with a normal player, I mean someone who plays quite a bit, has most (but not all) orange cards, one or a few real mythics, and most but not all of the good cards fully traited.

So not someone who has all cards, almost all mythics, and almost all of them fully traited.

1 Like