A New Mythic Approaches - Jotnar Stormshield

Originally published at: A New Mythic Approaches – Jotnar Stormshield – Gems of War
Fee Fie Fo Fum, I smell the blood of a new Mythic Troop!

New Mythic Troop: Jotnar Stormshield

Jarl Firemantle may have risen to power in Stormheim almost 2 years ago, stirring up the various Giant Clans, but their true lord and master has always been Jotnar Stormshield.

This mighty lord of the Storm Giants has been absent these past years, collecting lightning from the stormy Fey lands of the far north, but now he is returned, it said that he is untouchable, protected by spells and enchantments of ancient Fey lightning that only he can command.

Jotnar Stormshield will be the only Mythic Troop available from Glory, Gem, Guild & VIP chests for the next 7 days.

Please note this Troop is currently only available to Steam, iOS and Android versions of the game.

Join the Forum!

7 Likes

First… the nightmare defense teams ensue now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oooooh I want bad… Smile on me RNG :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dat third trait tho… :heart_eyes:

1 Like
2 Likes

Heh, that “Thunder Javelin” is lookin’ a little grizzly. :stuck_out_tongue:

Are allies required to be both giants and have barrier for the bonus damage to occur?

It reads that way to me.

Yeahhh…assets might need updating…

They’re separate boosts, meaning you could gain a total of +40 true damage.

Okay, fixed – you’ll potentially need to clear your cache, though (or reload http://ashtender.com/gems/assets/spells/7479.jpg by hand), as images cache for a week by default.

1 Like

6 Likes

Important Notice:

Don’t go throwing all your gems in the pool quite yet people. There’s no announcement in-game yet about Jotnar, nor does it seem like anyone has pulled him yet. I recommend waiting a little longer.

He’s definitely in game. I’ve seen announces, and just pulled one myself.

2 Likes

Right you are, I needed to quit out and log back in to see the announcement. Strange as I logged in after daily reset in the first place. (Also, just got him.)

1 Like

When I try to use Jotnar in pvp I get this message

I then have to restart the game.

Playing on iPad Air 2 iOS

1 Like

A wild Jotnar Stormshield appeared in explore… and I got “Lost connection” error like @esslee.

I tried “retry” button for couple minutes and nothing, then I decided to Alt+F4 to escaped this error.

1 Like

I am also getting this error message when I try PVP with Jotnar in the team
@Sirrian @Nimhain
I’m very sad :frowning:
Mobile (Android)

Can also confirm the error message when using the new troop in pvp.

Dude’s barriers are so cracka-lackin he messes up the entire game

7 Likes

The Beginning rhyme reminds me of Jack and the beanstalk. Fee, Fi, Fo, Fum, I smell the blood of an Englishman. Be he alive or be he dead, I’ll crush his bones to make my bread