2.0 Update - Server Maintenance

@Sirrian, @Nimhain: Is the current event going to end when the 2.0 version goes live?

Or is it just the PVP even that ends (to facilitate the start of the new PVP leaderbpard system)? And will the Nobend Brothers and the Arcane lava stones stay in the glory packs until monday?

5 Likes

I think the PVP will be switched over to the new system but the Nobend Event will remain as is.

3 Likes

The bloodbath for the top 10 this week will be fun to watch.

6 Likes

In my mind Sirrian is already behind the green curtain cackling

1 Like

I guess I’ll join him in observing the bloodbath then. Those top positions on the leaderboard are going to require a huge amount of playing GoW, which I simply don’t have the time for. I play this game for fun, not as a second full time job next to my regular job. :smiley:

4 Likes

The current event, Enter the Nobends, will end when the servers go down.
When they come back up, you’ll receive your rewards for ranking as if it were a Monday changeover,

THEN a new “Enter the Nobends” event will begin and run until Monday, using the new PvP system.
Events will now end 8 hours earlier than previously… up until now, event changeover has happened at 3pm GMT Monday. That is moving to 7am GMT.

The reasons for this time change?

1. We’re all in the office at this time - it’s 5pm in Australia. And if something goes wrong, it’s not just myself and Nimhain sitting up at 1am trying to fix it!
  2. It’s (close to) our lowest number of users for the day, and that should help alleviate the stress on the servers (we hope!!!)
17 Likes

Haha, we’re still going to crash your servers. :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Happy to hear about the changeover time change! I’m usually asleep when the current changeover occurs, but only by, like, an hour.

Prepare for lots of people asking about the changeover happening sooner than usual.
(I’m bookmarking your post in preparation, unless you’re planning to make an official topic on the subject.)

Aww but I liked being around when the changeovers happened… :frowning:

Fair enough though :stuck_out_tongue:

So that’s 3 AM EDT, right? Going back to midnight West Coast Time… most people in the US will be asleep, I’m guessing that is a big reason why there’s a low number of users :slight_smile:

1 Like

I feel accomplished when we crash his servers too!

1 Like

I just liked getting the new troop and finding any of the bugs that might have come with it :stuck_out_tongue:

2am CST for me. Takes me out of the running for any top spots.

This sounds like a lesson you’ve learned a few times…

I’m excited for the time change, no more waiting till after my Monday morning meeting to seer the new stuff!

2 Likes

You are not the only one, the majority will not be online. The top spots will be taken by someone who is able to play right before the changeover. One of the pitfalls of this system.

1 Like

I’m guessing the Dev’s will be keeping an eye on this, and possibly adjust things if it becomes a massive problem.

But at the same time, it’s always going to be the middle of the night for someone, and the times with least people on is likely to cause less problems for the devs.

4 Likes

Perfectly explained. It’s a 7 days period, all players will have equal amount of day/night periods. .

2 Likes

It will be interesting to see how much the matchmaking will allow last minute targeting of key rivals…

2 Likes

That’s not the issue. It’s the “last push” that I will not be a part of. I’m in bed 5 hrs before reset. It’s no deal breaker or anything. I was just looking forward to competing.

1 Like

The change in time makes no difference to me. Either it’s in the morning when I am at work (new time) or it’s in the afternoon when I am at work (old time)…

It’s a game with players all around the globe, so there are always going to be people who can’t be online when the event ends.

4 Likes