Why I do the "1-troop defense" thing in PvP

I tried using a single troop for a few hours, and it does equate to more loot.

But it’s so damn boring because you spend more time loading then actually playing the game.

People have mixed views of this. For me:

• it’s a weird exploit that doesn’t make much sense
  • and devs for a long time denied that it even worked that way
  • many would put a single troop defence out to get more revenge offers anyway
  • for me it’s the only way to avoid constant trollmeta tedium

The meta is a little more varied now than at some bad times in the last few years… but still only three or four main team builds appear…

2 Likes

This is also why I sometimes use the 1-troop defense. But although you also get a lot of 1-troop defense invade options, you also can just take the 2 and 3 trophy invade options, which then have a large variety of troops in them that you just don’t see in the high level meta. And like @Jainus, that variety is what I like most about the one troop defense. Grinding 1 troop invades will, I expect, become dreadfully dull very quickly.

With a 1-troop-defence, (1TD from now on, too lazy to keep writing that), I’ve found over a long time:

• I often get 1TDs offered as my 1 or 2 trophy match
  • I rarely get 1TDs offered as my 3 trophy match
  • but the 3 trophy match is pretty varied, and occasionally very weak
  • I usually do the 3 trophy match, as I want the trophies (the gold is largely the same)
  • unless the 2 trophy match is a single Elspeth AND the 3 trophy match is some griefRNGmeta that I can’t be a&sed with
2 Likes

So what does your single card kill team look like (not the defense, but the attack team)?

Mine is four Spirit Foxes***.

1 Like

Try 3x Spirit Fox and Aurai if you have the latter fully traited also

2 Likes

I’ll let you know how that turns out, in roughly 50 runic nature stones. :-/

1 Like

Mine too😀

@Mad_Butch this really works brudda!

4 Empowered troops of almost any kind that do damage is a fast team since you can ignore gem matching and just pound the single Defense troop 1-4 times for a quick win. The fewer troops you use, the faster you get through the “setup” procs of the Empowered troops (which take a couple seconds each) but the higher your chances of running out of attacks before a kill and having to spend time recharging, etc.

Also this week in particular 4x fox gives 500 gold bonus per fight

Quick tip, but once the first empowered troop is filled you can cast. You don’t need to wait for the entire team to fill up first, and this also short circuits some other starting buff animations. So no need to take less troops, hope that helps.

1 Like

Jeez, you’re right - I hadn’t even tried that! Great tip :slight_smile: So forget what I said, might as well always just field 4 of them then

2 Likes

Quick Tip #2, enjoy it while you still can. This don’t work on the Unity build.

But everything else is so much more awesome that it’s totally worth it, right?

1 Like

But I thought Unity was the Holy Grail, and once we moved over everything would be kittens and rainbows… :cry:

3 Likes

@beanie42 Ha!
Why does everyone quote me when I make grammatical mistakes? Or is it I have yet to construct a sentence without one? Questions… questions…

3 Likes

Should be “Or is it that…” :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

:slight_smile:
That one was on purpose… the rest are all natural. :smiley:

3 Likes