Why I do the "1-troop defense" thing in PvP

That’s just recall bias…

2 Likes

Had a rare oops with this today, my 4x Spirit Fox vs a level 1 bombot. I went to cast my first fox as the traits were going but before I could target the Cursed trait killed off the bombot! Had to close the game since I got stuck.

Also, I like Fox x3 + Myzmer, as Myzmer gives 5 magic to each. If you cast before traits finish you don’t get the bonus from Myzmer. This is also applicable in a Elspeth, Bombot, hero, troglodyte build. If you cast the empowered Elspeth on trog before his traits go off you lose his +5 to Bombots stats.

1 Like

I have a friend early in the game, level 99. He tried this exploit and isn’t getting single troop opponents - just very weak 4 troop teams. It’s still helpful, but I can’t figure out why it’s working for me but not for him - I get 1 troop options to invade/kill off almost every time (I’m level 666 with Mythic Spirit Fox x4, lvl 1 common card on defense). He has a level 1 rare card for his defense, ends up using his Alastair/Valk/Rowanne/Templar or Elspeth/Bombots team for offense. Any ideas?

1 Like

Because not many low level players use the 1TD system

1 Like

Doesn’t attacking 1-troop defense eventually get boring?

1 Like

Yes thats why i do it while watching tv

And I though those 1 troop opponent players are mere egoistical people.

As for me, for picking an opponent (assuming all three offers are doable): the one that gives me the desired points for the weekly task. This week it’s beasts and I rather pick a harder 4 troops team with 2 beasts than an easy 1 self-destruct non-beast troop.

If you set up one troop then please at least one that counts to the pvp collecting weekly. If there’s any.

They aren’t bored enough yet and actually still have fun ^^

Doing 1 troop battles repeatedly sounds more like a chore than playing for fun.
I’m around level 380 and I encounter 1 troop choices about 2-3x a day. Which is okay. If there’s no team for the weekly task I take that one troop.
But I wouldn’t want to have no other choice than ‘fast and no effort at all’ or ‘difficult and long’.

1 Like

Yes. But frankly so does just about everything in the game after a while. Meta defense teams all day, grinding explore, treasure maps, or turbo one troops. I’m doing all of it to help the guild or so I have more options for GW. Watch YouTube in one window and basically autopilot the right hand clicking in the other. More mindless is actually better that way.

1 Like

So what is going on with guilds whose players chain lose against a 1 card Elsbeth defense?
Even if you don’t do anything, you win against that… so how and why are they chain losing against it…

In chat channel they say it’s a glitch… but if it’s a glitch, then why are they all members of the same 2 guilds (Maal and Fi* ***ves). Are only those two guilds glitched?

@EricBLivingston i have a question brudda… My wife is level 130ish and the 1TD strategy isnt bringing her any 1 troop matches is it because of her level? Would it be better if she set a team with a power around 4k? Is it just not gonna work until she levels higher?

Any thoughts cuz i cant seem to figure it out…

Thanks brudda

1 Like

I think the defense team needs to be around 5.5k, or it won’t work.
She could try putting up a defense team with 2 sucky cards, and see if that gets the wanted team score…

1 Like

Thanks @Mad_Butch we will try that

This is exactly what is happening to me also. PS4. I tried and haven’t had any one troop D.

In general, there seem to be very few people on PS4 using the 1-troop defence, mostly because it doesn’t appear to work for us. At high levels, there can be some slight benefit from getting easier revenges, but it is hardly noticeable.

1 Like

I put my one card defense up on ps4… we gotta start somewhere :slight_smile:
And it should still give you easier battles, even if not (yet) against 1 card defenses…

I tried the 3k theory

I have always tried to put out the best four troop defence I could that would get me the most wins.I just figured this was the “correct” way to play the game. After reading the argument for a one troop defence though I think I may just give it a try as it seems to be a better use of my time.

At some point you realise that this inevitably leads to RNG devour / deathmark grief defence, as the AI can’t normally win without… and that leaves you the same as everyone else…

1 Like

Well if actually winning defenses is your motivation and not just the highest chance of causing some unavoidable losses(aka GW), you will actually go to any form of Famine team instead as their winrates are significantly above Devour/Deathmark driven teams.