Gems of War Database - updated troops list and much more!

Yeah, perhaps. It’s not really been much of a priority for me, but I’ll get back to it at some point. Maybe.

Incidentally, are people using the troop suggestions at all? Those algorithms I’m using to pick suggestions are pretty haphazardly thrown together. Are they making reasonable decisiions in your experience, or are they way off-base?

Take your time, no rush. If i were to give a dead line it would be for the next fantasy series next month in july.

Appreciate the leniency.

Ya i am not your boss but i do appreciate your project and you for making it and keeping it going.

1 Like

I’ve been trying them, seem ok I think… but I’m not all that great at building a team with a lot of the Legendaries and above, and the suggestions seem to contain a lot of those.

Interesting, there’s no real bias toward rarity, and most utility is actually in the non-legendary troops. Hmm. Anyway if there’s crazy stuff in there, let me know, and I’ll try to find out why.

1 Like

Hey @Lyya when building teams do the stats reflect things like “construct bond” and whatnot?

1 Like

My guess is no, since currently there is no way to toggle traits on or off.

No, they don’t. Oz is right.

1 Like

This is so appreciated, thanks Lyya.

1 Like

@Lyya: You know, if you’d used “u” instead of “ur” for ultra-rare, that would have been a real easy acronym to remember. Missed a big opportunity there. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Not sure if it was mentioned somewhere else throughout the thread, but is there something like this for consoles? Would be nice to know which troops are available outside of PC. (Although, to be fair, I guess I could just filter by all on my X1 and check there, but… meh).

There are no such sites yet.
I don’t even know if one can have access to the console files, but, I guess, if we could, it would be very easy to switch from one version to the other.
Would have to ask either console devs or both dev teams to get it.

I’ve asked the console team for theirs, was not able to get the file. I could manually subset the troops, weapons, and kingdoms by availability, but (a) that’s work I’d need to maintain every week instead of just dropping in new data files, and (b) the stat info would always be out of date with respect to balance changes, as the console is usually a few weeks behind. So I haven’t found the effort to be worth the payoff, as yet.

@Shiratori put together a nice, thorough list of what’s not yet on consoles here, though, in case you’re after that information:

Coming soon to a console near you! (Weekly Event: Khaziel)

4 Likes

Thanks a lot! I was originally on console but am amidst the transition (or addition, rather) to PC/Mobile. Just curious what is and isn’t available where. I appreciate the info.

Feature Request: Currently the Published Team page has a “Suggestions: Coming soon!” section, but the suggestions stuff was built into the team builder itself. So any chance we can get a Banner selection area in it’s place? Will help with the Fantasy Series, but also allow people to show which banner they are using with the team when they publish it to friends/forum goers.

Not sure how useful that’d be considering this is the last Fantasy Series for a while. (And I’m assuming it’ll be held more officially on the site when it returns.)

Would still be helpful for providing users with full team ideas though. :thumbsup:

1 Like

My intent with these suggestions was less about providing troops from a list, and more along the lines of suggestions akin to:

• You have no green troops, consider adding one.
  • You are generating yellow mana, but have no yellow consumer.
  • You have three blue troops, consider adding a blue generator.
  • You have a sacrificing/consuming troop, consider adding a spawner.

Etc.

Now, I’m not sure this would provide as much value as I had initially anticipated, so I’ve held off on doing the work. Considering that, I could reclaim the space for other things.

1 Like