Troop Buff A-H Thread With Summary

So the imminent arrival of the Silvermaiden reminds us that power creep is very much here… so it’s time to give this thread a prod and get some more troops buffed…

DECK HAND

• pretty strong for a rare troop
  • recent addition, fine as it is
  • though a little pointless as Valkyrie is an infinitely better transformer for blue
  • quite a few rogues are blue so could make some all-rogue team fun - not that the type bonuses make a noticeable benefit to make that really worth doing

DEEP BORER

• spell should cost a bit more - for 9 mana, it gives you 8 mana, makes a good number of gems and gains armour
  • and the spell order means the 9 gems get put into 7 columns not 8, making a 4-match highly likely
  • oops this is the buff thread, I shall say no more

DESDAEMONA

• very cool art and troop idea
  • should be set up to be a demon-hunter, obviously but just doesn’t hit hard enough to be worth it
  • what personally bugs me is that the spell is called Spite and Malice, so should be doing two things, but only fires one shot
  • I’d solve both of those at once by changing spell to: deal true damage [amount tbc] to a target enemy and a random enemy, and deal double damage to demons
  • I’d lose the extra turn as part of that redesign bargain
  • then for traits: bit of an identity problem here: slayer and piercing fit thematically, but she’s far too squishy to be a front line troop
  • if she’s meant to be a front liner then swap Stealthly for Agile
  • if she’s meant to be a caster/sniper (as I see her) then change traits to (say) Stealthy, Magic Spirit (or Fire Spirit), Fast

DESERT MANTIS

• recent addition and pretty strong
  • again if anything, spell needs to cost a little more
  • otherwise leave as is

DIMETRAXIA

• oh dear
  • split damage really doesn’t scale into the end game
  • and (one of) the fiery-est troops in the game (pyro, you say?) it should have a better chance of actually setting something on fire (and maybe benefitting from that Pyromania trait)
  • change the Magic scaling to Magic x2 damage on the spell, and adjust base damage accordingly
  • give it a 50% chance to burn each enemy, and roll them separately

DIRE WOLF

• did I mention at one point I had over 300 of these?
  • recently redesigned, and now does a lot for a common at only 8 mana
  • leave as is, I guess

DJINN

• mmmm a bit rubbish really
  • but as gacha fodder rare, we probably don’t care that much, though the art is nice
  • if the spell did both of the random effects, not just one of them, it’d still be rubbish
  • I’d let it do both, the Magic gain would be nice to work with, especially in arena
  • traits, whatever
3 Likes