Treasure Hunt high scores 1.0.9 (screenshots)

The score is not a weighted sum of the rewards, I’d guess it is a weighted sum of the tiles at the final position. Vault worth x, Red chest worth y, etc…

3 Likes

My best so far:

4 Likes

Photo Resizer Lab from the app store is very good for resizing ipad screenshots to put on the forum. Free.

1 Like

Get on my level! :sunglasses:

9 Likes

And I assume you get a certain amount of points for each move. Or more exactly for each coin/chest matched, with better chests giving more points. Just a guess though.

3 Likes

I think this is the 2nd best I’ve ever done on Treasure Maps, even before the reduced turns. I wouldn’t have taken the screenshots, but I couldn’t believe it myself!

19 Likes

That is… GLORIOUS!
:open_mouth: :innocent:

Must need a chess brain to get those scores.
Mine is more snakes and ladders…ludo…
:sunglasses::sunglasses:

3 Likes

Damn, two more for the 9. stone
very happy with the run, highscore by 2000 or so for me. but ugh… 2748 gold? unlucky! :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

Tiddlywinks anyone?

1 Like

So anyone seer how they changed tyri to now give out maps? Welcome to my team tyri you will have to enjoy being my green sponge.

I should stop playing such luck based games oO
Played just once - 31 moves - but it was longer than most, if not all, games before 1.0.9.

There is some luck with it, but also skill. I very rarely hit anything like that mega set of moves. Most of the time, I’m around 75-90 moves.

I have been playing Puzzle Quest games since they came out. Challenge of the Warlords had weapon forging that took very careful play to forge powerful weapons. So I learned a bunch of tricks.

I’m averaging around that many moves as well, usually less though, so my standard deviation seems to be around 70 moves, give or take 10-15.

1 Like

I am rubbish at Treasure Hunt it seems… Record is 85 moves, but mean average is more like 30 moves… I miss having exploders in this game mode :thinking:

Is there a decent guide / faq somewhere?

Edit: tbf, I was pretty good at crafting back in PQ, but that part of my brain seems to have decayed away long ago…

Actually, I’d believe it.
Personally, I don’t bother going past the Green Chests in TH. So I’m not surprised.

There are definitely diminishing returns. I’m sure finishing a few relatively quick maps has better payouts than spending a ton of time trying to get 150+ moves.

So is it just me… or…
101 moves, 6 keys (nice!) no gems
103 moves, no keys, 4 gems
183 moves, no keys, 1 gem.
124 moves, no keys, 3 gems
191 moves, 2 keys, 1 gem
81 moves, 2 keys, 0 gems
162 moves, no keys, 1 gem
179 moves, 2 keys, 4 gems
11 moves, no keys, no gems (obviously)
117 moves, 2 gem keys (nice!), 3 gems
211 moves, 2 gem keys, 2 keys, 3 gems (4 vaults)
133 moves, 4 keys, 1 gem

So my observations are:

1. This is a very small statistical sample, and yes, obviously it skews results
  2. There are a couple results clearly better than others (which is fair enough, esp given sample size)
  3. but the results seem rather low, to me. Anyone else?
  4. Some low move games seem to net the same goodies -or better- as high result games - ignoring traitstones
2 Likes

From your listing, it seems to imply you assign minimal or no value to the gold and souls. Because the TH game is targeted for under level 100 players, gold and souls are highly valued by them.

To me, the game is all about the traitstones and the glory!

3 Likes

He also ignores glory as a reward, considering the 211 run gave 105 glory, worth over 30 pvp battle wins, you can’t just disregard this.

Obviously in the treasure hunt where rewards are one of several types per item (pouch, box, chest, vault) the statistic outcome will always seem weird if you completely disregard one or several of the possible reward types in the first place.