Top guilds want clarity in the Guild Wars scoring system!

Scoring was the main part of the complains.
But aside opacity etc., there is also critisim about the rules chosen:

• why should I not take 4-matches? cost 1 action so decrease Speed bonus
  • why should I not take true damage troops? kill troops without damaging Armor, less damage so decrease Damage bonus
  • same for devour/death mark

Aside that, I have an issue also with the workflow: devs clearly pushed the new rules and said that they were going to tweak them. I’m sorry but we are not in a PTR. If devs want to test their formula, they can do it with volunteers, but not like that, with everyone. Or take more time: they could have pushed back the standard GW and when they would be ready push the new formula.

6 Likes

I’d share if I figured it out. But that’s just how I’m wired. I’d rather the info be public and open. Did that with the gw schedule.

2 Likes

U talkin to me?

This is only true in that it makes it harder to maintain 4x as much damage as the AI.

If you Devour all four enemy troops, whilst taking no damage will still garner the max damage bonus. Pretty easy to do if you Devour there main damage dealer.

Same for true damage, if you kill the enemies twice as fast with true damage and take as half as much damage, then the damage bonus will be the same.

2 Likes

No, it was mainly aimed at Happy.

Just because they said no before doesn’t mean it’s the right decision or that they won’t change their mind, which is why some of us continue to ask. They’ve told us stuff before that was blatantly incorrect, and they’ve also changed their position on secret information before (such as the bracket rankings). The devs will either continue with their position or they’ll change it, we can just continue to respectfully petition and play as best we can in the meantime.

5 Likes

You asserted I was aiming at a guild - theres more than 1 doing it, and done it before - but thanks for confirming the reality.

My point was solely about the so called competition, which is illusory. But feel free to label, because it works doesn’t it.

1 Like

I can only judge from what’s written, not what you’re actually thinking.

Sorry for this sidestep. Back to topic.

Edit - @happy your grammar implies one person. Write a DM if you feel the need to discuss further about this.

1 Like

Nothing about a guild in what I posted today- so thats not really true is it?

1 Like

‘your grammar implies one person’ lol

1 Like

i speak only for myself as a member of a top guild and I like the scoring change.

Has made me shake up my teams to finish matches faster.

it is just different… people get upset at different.

The scoring reflects what the devs promise (apart from the divide by small number bug on first day)

if you win mana/damage/speed battle you get extra points. you can still play as you want a terrible win is still 5 or so times better than a loss.

3 Likes

Regarding the bug on the first day.

the devs were absolutely right to fix that. so what if a few random people got 5000 points extra on the first day. 5000 points is immaterial over the week.

if the bug was still there on the second day lots of people would have exploited the scoring and then it would have made a difference

poor poor us the devs are responsive

3 Likes

There was not only a bug, there was also a tweak of the formula.
This day our guild get +20% more points than the other days. Are we the only ones?

I described surely the worst case and you the best case. But in the middle, these kind of troops have still a disavantage compared to other troops. And even a small disavantage is important when you want to maximize your points.

The OP is full of exaggeration. I’m a member of a truly Great, top 100 GW guild, and I thoroughly appreciate the new scoring system.

1 Like

It just baffles me how they expect people to compete in a system that doesn’t explain the rules.

Let’s play a game of baseball and each non swinging strike is worth 1 run but every walk is -5 runs. Don’t tell the players these new scoring rules, just the final score and see how they react.

2 Likes

Hard to estimate but in black dragon we only had two to three people potentially get abnormal scores.
total scoring was similar on the first day vs later.

i suspect guilds that had a looping team (ie goblin rocket , hell cat based ) might have got the 20 percent you observed.

Seriously that is a terrible example. Maybe lets play base ball with the normal rules but get an extra run if you hit a home run directly over the pitchers head and a free base if you hit a fly ball that lands in the top third of the outfield and the extra score only occurs if you follow a batter with a mystery letter in their name.

sure there is some small randomness but mostly it is clean

2 Likes

In our case, no one has a huge score compared to others. So on, my conclusion is the 20% are not coming from a bug, but from a tweak.

100 posts into this thread and no Developer response… :wink:

NowayJoe2Go

@Sirrian @Saltypatra @Nimhain , You should spend more time fixing the bugs and issues in your game before you lose more players.

1 Like