This week: Bombots are the New 50 Shades of Bone Dragon

Well, I’ve adopted the stance that helping out doesn’t necessarily have to mean handing everybody free wins. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with having to struggle a bit in return for facing a team that awards max event points. Bombots are only dangerous as long as they are loaded with armor and ready to explode, there are several ways to get around that. Sure, my invasions have an unusually high failure rate this week, I’m actually enjoying the challenge though.

10 Likes

the good side is even if you badly loose you still get at least 2 event points for the bombots exploding themselves :laughing:

2 Likes

Yeah… I love those people “helping” fellow gamers out, by putting up a full brown team, consisting of cards with 50% bonus on them :slight_smile:

If you wanna help people out, put up your lamest brown card x4…

1 Like

Now wheres the fun in that?

9 Likes

Honestly all the Bombots aren’t even the worst part. Tesla’s a cool new troop this week. Who doesn’t like to play with new toys? Except you get half the event buff, and none of the event bonus, for using her.

You’re right, but with her spell boosted on armor, if I’m using an all mech team against her, and she casts before I can have both teams lose some armor, I’ve seen an average 30 true damage to all.

I don’t doubt she’s powerful. I’ll be using her next week. Just don’t want to miss the event gold bonus this week.

Event could have been “all Adana team” for the gold bonus, and it would have changed almost nothing, except getting to use Tesla.

1 Like

Well, it’s not even challenging, repetitive as hell and as i said before maybe this itchy finally crawled under my skin after all this time.

But i have my hope that with the plataform migration we will be able to see events that are more interesting. I mean, these 50% raw bonus to all status favors only a few combinations and when GoW starts running on Unity we could see a few events where certain troops would start the battle with 50% of their mana, or buffed with Enchanted/Barrier or something else.

yeah the mythic ones with the driller are kinda brutal. although its fun when you run into a single bombot defense team

That’s it? Most of the bombots I’m facing have over 80 armor. 86 seems like the most common.

[quote=“Ivar, post:28, topic:22473, full:true”]
Well, it’s not even challenging, repetitive as hell and as i said before maybe this itchy finally crawled under my skin after all this time.[/quote]

I’m finding it overly challenging. The same Deep Borer / 2 x Bombot /Black Manacles teams over and over. One wrong move and those Bombots with 80+ armor are fully and wiping out my team.

The buff on these teams is just too high. The repetition is one thing. The fact that it takes FOREVER to kill them is another. Combine all of these things together and it’s really bogged down PVP into a slog this week. Not real fun.

I haven’t had any problems with the Bombots / Manacles teams, but they’re certainly omnipresent. I put up Anubite Warrior, Royal Engineer, Dokkalfar, and Goblin King just to make it all-brown, all-summons. Though now that I look at it, I suppose 4x Anubite Warrior would be even more efficient…but that’s boring. ;p

1 Like

I had to resort to my old OP teams with Maw or Korvash, maybe that’s why i’m feeling overly bored.

That’s a big problem with the repetition and why I was so vocal about Bone Dragon.

It’s not just that certain defend teams are ever-present. It’s that when they’re so overpowered, you HAVE to use a certain invade team or risk losing.

So not only are you seeing the same teams over and over again, you’re using the same teams over and over again.

It gets really boring really fast, as you’ve discovered.

2 Likes

I’m seeing a lot of Bombots, yes, but haven’t lost to them at all. My troops have stats that can survive two Bombot blasts, and it’s rare that even one of them gets to explode. I have tried half a dozen of my regular teams on them, with minimal issue.

The Black Manacles hero with them is often more dangerous because of the RNG Devour crappy proc.

4 Likes

What kind of defense are you running?

Defence? Haven’t changed it for a while: A Valk/Justice/Mab team, scores 9662 power.

I am not currently running a one-troop defence, as we’ve been known to.

That was my question. I’ve got up a 4 troop defense too and I’m seeing bombots with over 80 armor. Combined with Deep Borer and Black Manacles and I’ve probably lost a half dozen matches today alone…

I normally use either a Mab team (freeze them and you can get on top of them without a DB cast chaining the game away from you) or a Alch/Cat loop team (can always get the loop going before both Bombots fire). I’ve had a few close calls where Black Manacles got a lucky Devour (20% chance, my backside).

2 Likes

I switched my defense to a 3x Kerberos, Forest Guardian team. 50% mana from FG, full team barrier, spawns wolves when bombots explode. Make those bombot invaders work for it :wink:

5 Likes

That’s an interesting strategy. :smiley: