Suggestions to scale Poison/Burn

Sure, if you click in for details. You don’t otherwise need to do so unless you forgot what a spell does or how it scales.

and i dont need to click poison details unless i forgot the current stack, getting the stack increase would give additional animation to let player know it got worse

I see your point, but I disagree. Information like that should be readily available to the user without having to go fishing for it.

1 Like

getting the passive - on turn information u find necessary to see on the board but spell info can be after click/details, is that your hard border ? (i might have messed the phrase … not native english speaker…)

we still dont get ALL the info about pasive on turn effects even under the details, the info about stacking odds (i mean the current stacked odds) for an event to cleanse or launch (death mark) are never shown
so i think hiding SOME passive on turn info under details is not too bad

i understand the idea of keeping it simple but i think a stacking +1 chance is not so complicated to fall under ‘too much info’ cathegory considering some current mechanics we have

on the side note we could have a troop to ‘flick’ red when its due to (or have a chace to) die via passive effects on next turn pass - as a warning, brings some emotion and dynamic in the game haha

this might flick the death marked troops all the time but maybe its not bad thing xD

Well, a single number on that green skull from the poison animation would provide the number of life lost and the current stack at the start of your turn. A number on the side of your life total like 56 (3) being 3 the poison stack could work as well. Maybe not so elegant, but if they don’t risk a little some mechanics will never be anything but ridiculously subpar/underwhelming…

There will be always less variety not only because of power creep, but because they prefer to keep some elegance instead of providing relevance for some mechanics? I believe their challenge is all about trying to balance the already existent elegant/simple design and still add some complexity/new variables to keep the game as good as fresh.

On some cases it went overboard to one side, like Disease that makes the troop’s picture nearly disappear under it if you are playing on your phone. On others it went very well like the new resources display over the board. But well, can’t get 100/100 everytime, but they can surely try it out to see if they found out a solution about 59,01 elegance and 38,99 improvement and some 2% bugs that nobody found before… :sweat_smile:

I think a status effect that gets worse as time goes on is an interesting idea, but I don’t see any reason to turn poison into it. I think the other ideas (having its damage scale based on hp, or based on the stats of the troop that caused it) would do a good job of sticking close to how poison has worked in this game in the past.
If they want to a status effect that gets progressively worse, they could introduce it as a new status effect, and not have to worry about a rebalancing nightmare.

1 Like