Strange +1 defense wins

No users can’t delete their own threads; it was definitely the devs but they may have just made it private, not deleted it. It could very well be that Sirrian made it private so that he could deal with it properly when he had time.

That seems a more likely course of action than just deleting it, since they’ve never done that before to my knowledge. Even the worst of threads was locked, not deleted.

3 Likes

My guild did the same and got the same answer.

Exactly.

4 Likes

So my previous statement was made on mobile and was a little rushed; what I was trying to convey is that this isn’t a game breaking bug in that this isn’t a true PVP game so if one player gets an advantage, it’s just that the game becomes easier for them, but it doesn’t directly affect anyone else. So while it does suck that some people are taking the easy road and getting loot far easier than those of us not using the exploit, it hardly breaks the game; it’s just frustrating to see cheaters prosper (if, indeed they are cheating…which is up for debate).

So I understand the frustration, but I still feel this is being blown way out of proportion when players are expecting an immediate resolution to an issue that has been ongoing for quite some time. Obviously, the devs haven’t felt it is a top priority issue and based on what I’m seeing, I have to agree. To me, the server migrations, the Guild Wars launch and addressing other concerns (like getting the Consoles caught up to PC/Mobile) are all much higher priority.

Does that mean the devs should continue staying silent on this issue, imho, no, but then again, that is my one bone of contention with the devs over the years (the fact that in some ways they share so much and in others they share next to nothing). However, I also don’t think that means the devs should drop everything they’re doing to respond to this issue while Sirrian is on vacation because most likely, this is an issue that requires, if not Sirrian’s direct response than at the very least his input; so the other devs aren’t going to comment if Sirrian hasn’t directed them how to comment (and, really, Sirrian is almost always the one to respond to these types of issues). So please, let’s not blow this out of proportion just because most of us dislike it when we see (what appear to be) cheaters prospering.

6 Likes

Well said @ogunther, but I’ll have to disagree with ya on one point; To me the integrity of the game is much more important than Guild Wars or frankly any other update. I think this should take precedence over anything else going on at this time.
I feel that the longer this sort of thing continues on the worse it will become.

14 Likes

Yeah it can quickly steamroll into a “if they’re doing it so can I” problem.

Which tbh if they say it’s fine, is going to happen anyways. I’m ready to party. :money_mouth:

5 Likes

The fact that the cheaters most possibly still can abuse this exploit at the time being makes me sad and I am afraid of losing the motivation for the game because of this. It really destroy every little joy I had left for the game. There is always someone who has to destroy for other.

3 Likes

We already know that at least 2 of the top weekly PVP players share accounts so that they can be active 24x7.

Does the game really have that much integrity?

2 Likes

Do you believe in Santa Claus too?

2 Likes

I do agree that these types of issues are the rotten apples in the bunch and as such, the longer they exist the more damage they do to the game-at-large however, my guess is that this issue is being exploited by a very small percentage of users as most players on the forums don’t know how to create the exploit and forum users are themselves a very small percentage of the overall game population. As such (if my assumptions are correct), it is affecting only a very small fraction of the userbase. Stale content, on the other hand, affects almost everyone (except brand new players) so that, I would argue, is currently the more pressing need. Guild Wars is long overdue partially due to the server issues and partially due to the core GW gameplay rewrite (and probably due to a bunch of other factors, as well). As such, I know that a lot of veteran players are looking at GW as the make-it-or-break-it release to decide if they’re going to continue with GW or not. That isn’t to say that if GW sucks, GoW is dead or anything that dramatic, but just that, in this case, I think the other issues are more pressing than this exploit.

Of course, both of us are just expressing our opinions (for whatever that is worth lol) so neither of us are wrong. :slight_smile:

I can’t help but to remind you of this:

If you think everything is fine then it’s up to you, but me and others ARE waiting for any statement and so far even in the hidden/deleted thread no one even used the word “shit”, so please stop trying to police us since in the past you were right in this position but being much less moderated with your words.

Again if you think it’s not an issue to you feel free to not participate, or just hang around to see how things develop from this point. My believe is that if this keeps going, as much as it is making the game easier to those players so it will become troublesome for the others, you included, as the data collected by the developers may be tendencious showing an unprecedent increase of resources in the player’s hands as well as other issues that you may not care about. That’s it.

@Eika, don’t let the actions of a select few ruin your enjoyment of the game. There will always be those looking to gain an advantage on every game that there is.

I still have hope.

5 Likes

Agreed but we’re not there yet and if it comes to that, there are a lot of quick fixes the devs can use as stop-gate mechanisms but are probably not things they are eager to implement unless they absolutely have to.

1 Like

Sorry, but I can’t stand such things.

6 Likes

Me as well. And probably others that may never know about it (since they don’t come to the forums) and never be able to play at a fair ground no matter what they do.

5 Likes

I apologize if you feel I was trying to police you or anyone else; that’s not my intent, by all means, feel free to express yourself however you’d like. My intent is to remind people that this issue does not exist in a vacuum and that there are some very easy to guess reasons that the devs might be choosing to not address this issue at this time.

There is also a big difference between an exploit that a small percentage of users are taking advantage of that doesn’t directly affect those that aren’t taking advantage of it and server issues that made the game unplayable. If you think those two things are equal then you and I definitely see things differently.

This is my biggest concern with it all. It’s easy to say oh it’s only a few players, or they are only single players that don’t effect anything, but single players turn into groups. If the data shows too many resources, we could all be punished because of the exploit. A few bad apples ruining it for the whole group has never sat very well with me. :sweat_smile:

Also I’ve been looking into global chat a lot today while playing, and it’s being bragged about. Which of course people are going to ask over and over how it’s done. Which equals to that “small group” growing even more.

5 Likes

My point is that if this issue is allowed or not addressed then it’s a matter of time until it becomes a problem for everyone as much as server’s issues making the game unplayable.

Exactly.

2 Likes

While, I understand your position, I can only offer this encouragement: Do not give them that power. You keep playing and enjoying and don’t let the actions of others affect your enjoyment.

4 Likes

I think this belongs here:

6 Likes