Strange +1 defense wins

Yeah I agree they should say something about it. I don’t know if it can even be fixed, since it’s how pvp technically works. I don’t think the suggestion of limiting how many times someone can be attacked is usable since it would limit the already small pool of players we have to fight against.

We’ll just have to wait and see.

4 Likes

Hmm was the other thread pertaining to this subject just deleted? Was reading thru it then it disappeared all of a sudden…

1 Like

Yes, erased from all existence.

1 Like

The game is afoot… :mag:

2 Likes

6 Likes

Yeah i was about to answer and it was lost into oblivion.

Who has authority to delete threads?

As far as I know, only forum admins/devs can delete threads.

(Edit: Perhaps the thread creator can delete it before a certain time period expires. I’ve never tried that though.)

3 Likes

I would assume only the Devs.

I mean that thread was a callout thread. It went way beyond what it should have. It became about Psydotogist instead of the bigger picture, with myself being guilty of it as well. So everyone should have known it was going to be closed. :grinning:

Hopefully it’s on the Devs radar though.

3 Likes

That’s what I thought too…
But why delete it and not address it…

Seems very ANTI-SOP for this dev team… :thinking: :confused: :worried:

7 Likes

I understand that they probably had to delete that thread due to the callout and the fact that the exploit method was explained in detail.

They still need to publicly address it. Especially if they’ve known about it for 5+ months as Tacet claimed. This is one of my favorite games of all time. Not gonna leave because of something like this but I’ll be damned if I drop another cent until it’s acknowledged/fixed.

7 Likes

it was explainged? aww and i missed it but that would make sense then

well lets be positive maybe some moderator/dev who was on duty got to it and deleted it as thats what he/she could do but since main dev team was/is not back yet then no official statement can be given yet? ill just wait and see maybe they get back with us in a while :slight_smile:

1 Like

Obviously the Devs deleted the thread but we don’t know the exact reasons (there are many legit reasons I can think of) so let’s just chill for a bit. We know Sirrian is supposed to be on vacation, it might be nice if we let him enjoy it without creating too many fires for him to put out while he’s “gone”. :wink:

My guess is he’ll address this once he’s back but if not (and I’m not trying to boss anyone around here), feel free to pull out the pitchforks then if you still feel it’s warranted.

I for one don’t feel this issue is so urgent that we have to continue disturbing him about it when we know he’s away from work. This exploit sucks and it sucks that some people are taking advantage of it but it’s not game breaking or destroying the economy or any of that other hyperbole. It’s no worse than the old guild tasks that were easily exploited. So maybe let’s just let it lie for now. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great point…
Hope he doesn’t see the smoke and come running back! :wink:

1 Like

:confused: The old guild tasks were destroying the economy. That’s why rewards feel like punishment right now for top players.

Damnit Ogunther you’re not making any sense. I bet papa Sirrian is more than capable of having fun on his vacation without worrying about the forums. Sirrian this one goes to you. :beer::fork_and_knife:

The kids are behaving themselves, mostly. :wink:

I feel it’s totally warranted and i’m strongly displeased by the fact that they deleted the whole thread. I would understand censoring/removing the posts with the details of this exploit or the callouts, even @Eika’s video could certainly be removed and receive a text description, with no names/nicks, of what happened like:

• Player logins as usual and as he verifies his PVP notifications; he is awarded with 1200ish defense victories and 300ish defensive losses gaining (roughly) 5K of Glory, 200K of Gold, 500(?) Gems and X gold keys. He reaches Tier 1 on PVP and get all the rewards instantly.

I understand that Sirrian, maybe Nimhain and others are on vacation/traveling and i’m fine waiting for their return to have an statement, but i can’t help but feeling that it LOOKS like a silencing tactic, but i still hope that things were just rushed in some sense while dealing with the thread in question.

Yes it is, with the tasks people were supposed to play, gather gold and exchange the resources, the problem is that this new PVP gave us so much gold that infinite tasks as long as you can collect gold was breaking the economy and any chance of revenue as gems could be gathered easily.

@Saltypatra, could you please inform us something, it’s a fact that the thread and the issue at hand got some atention, but is there anything that could be said in this regard?

7 Likes

I still have the video handy. It was 198 gems and 951 gold keys.

Which is why I take exception to this:

I’ve been saving gold keys in anticipation of the new kingdom for nearly a month now. I’m just shy of 8k. This guy exploits and he receives an eighth of that in a matter of what, hours? I spent 28k legitimately-earned glory on arcane stones this week, and this guy gets 5k for doing nothing.

Edit: gems were a bad example. I spent those resources for Ketras last week.

Gonna take exception to this, too, while I’m at it. There have been two recent threads about this with some well-known folks weighing in on it. They obviously didn’t know about it. And no one who supposedly “knew about it for a long time” bothered to show up and explain things until this morning’s video bombshell.

4 Likes

To be fair and completely honest about it a Dev. was tagged about this issue 15 days ago in this very thread.

5 Likes

I’ve reported and talked about it to devs long before this thread or those video showed up on forum. They said they will take a look into it. But never heard back how was the investigation go. It was because they were busy with server migration. After they done with server migration, I asked them again and showed them the video and the answer was still same that they will take a look into it. I can’t speak for the devs but my guess they’re very busy with Guild Wars. Though a little words from them regarding this matter could be really helpful to clarify things and calm people down.

14 Likes

I can’t imagine they just deleted the other thread, it had to be the original poster.

I’ve seen them lock tons of threads, including explicit call-outs, without outright deleting them.