Some upcoming Gems of War changes (including more gems!)

And don’t forget about Kerberos and Wulfgarok.

In the midnight hour, she cried Maw Maw Maw

5 Likes

In principle, I like this idea. Anything to spread the wealth and give the playerbase a way to get more gems each week would be a good thing.

Unfortunately, we have an obviously broken AI causing us to lose more than before with no opportunity to defend ourselves, and there would be nothing to stop the publisher from requiring that the devs tighten down the AI’s luck even more, to make us lose even more, in order to limit resource gain again.

1 Like

It seems like Guild Wars matches aren’t subject to the ‘lucky AI’ decision (I won’t call it a bug because according to everything I read on here they meant to do that), so that’s a small blessing. However was just playing PVP today and hit a string of ‘lucky’ AIs.

I don’t mind a good, competitive AI, in fact I’d prefer it! What we have is an AI that gets nearly-endless 4 and 5 star matches. Even against ‘non-looping’ opponents most of the games consist of me watching the AI take turn after turn until my team is finally gone.

It isn’t “challenging”, it’s frustrating. And I can’t understand how any game developer could think that such gameplay would be fun.

This update should never have been released.

4 Likes

I thought gems were making a comeback this week, but I’ve not seen any changes. Has this been delayed, or is it so minuscule that it’s not noticeable (at least by me)?

It’s the last few Blue Tasks that were swapped back from keys to gems.

I would like to see something like half your reward comes from how well your guild does and the other half how well you do!

Been mostly ignoring the forums and the game for the last few days, and no desire to go through the numerous threads/posts. So sorry about my laziness, but has there been any updates on when a patch is going to be released?

Alas, no. I suspect there is much more going on than just a fix to impervious.

1 Like

This is what Oz posted in another thread.

2 Likes

I did some of the beta testing, so I’m really hoping more is going on. The fixes were perfect to correct what they were supposed to, but not enough to return the strategy/fun to the game, which is what I’m hoping for. So if they take a little more time to get it right that’s smarter, just hoping it’s soon, since right now I’m dreading playing another week. Trying to stay patient and hopeful :yum:

5 Likes

500 shards is such a stingy, petty reward that my guildys always stop contributing once we reach that level. Either greatly increase the amount of shards or add something else to the pot for motivation.

2 Likes