Some upcoming Gems of War changes (including more gems!)

What i compared in the other reply… wait let me quote it…

That is compared immediately before and after the patch.
Thing is, i had a longer break from the game (few months due to real life) and when i came back, i tried to get my guild going. Previously i had 30 ppl but like 27 of them were either never playing or only profiting from the guild without giving back. I kicked all inactive players and started recruiting, which led to this situation at hand.
So i don’t have a fair comparison of pre 4x speed income to now.
I can only compare 4x speed to 4x speed with the new nerf, with mostly focussing on what i spend vs what i earn.
Which is again, why i stressed that this hits weak guilds harder. If i had a full 30 member guild, everyone contributing 500k, i guess i wouldn’t be as upset.
But i’m glad we settled the beef we almost kinda had earlier :wink: 4.21

Gems from gold chests hasn’t changed. Not sure about tributes, although my results have been fairly normal over the last week.

But yeah, i also felt the woah effect when i first tried 4x speed. And when i see someone playing on normal speed it feels like something is way off. The brain really gets accuustomed to it and maybe i should just try to convince to slowly increase the speed until maybe they get used to it too. Because personally, i don’t think 4x is so fast, it could induce photosensitivity issues (yet again i can’t speak for others, i never have that issue)

My tribute has looked the same this week. I haven’t been able to play much (so not more than 10 collections or so), but I remember getting several tributes of 8-13 kingdoms with reasonable amounts of everything. I never considered tribute a significant source of gems anyway.

1 Like

I remember we were already complaining about the rewards we were getting for the legendary task when they first started happening after that update. We were already feeling like we weren’t getting enough rewards for our gold donations and now they made sure that they emphasized that we are not getting anything but scraps with the 1 million price tag. I vote for slowing down the game and giving us our gems back. I can live without four times speed to have my gems back.

5 Likes

What’s the point of 4x the speed if I to have to also grind four times as many games to get the resources we just got shafted on? And I’m still not getting the gems? Really?

They just ruined an awesome game.

I left the game on last night just burn them on server costs. Didn’t play any matches like I would have either. Not doing anything until I’m refunded or my bonuses are back.

1 Like

I know that it’s been stated that the weapons and troops will be changed from week to week however I was wondering if we had to use the items in the forge on a week to week basis or will the items be carried over from week to week.

I’m part of the community, and I’m not pissed…just sayin

4 Likes

Same… there’s so much more going on in rl to be pissed at a video game.

Did this happen?

12 Likes

Awesome. :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

No, it did not happen.

Have the AI/luck tweaks been done yet, and if not what’s the ETA? And when will Impervious be fixed? Game is not fun right now…

10 Likes

Or you guys are just having fun trolling us.

“Oopsie! Someone forgot to change those task rewards this week, don’t worry we’ll give you triple the gems next week… and a pony!” :joy:

1 Like

100 gems per 1000 gold chests? More like 10-20 gems per 1000 gold chests.

4 Likes

Thank you for adding this concept. I agree with you that having so many gems will harm the economy of the game. Guilds, like the one I run, are always in the top 3 in Guild wars for xbox and with the reduction of gems, it makes Guild Wars more important. My personal situation is that I am missing 3 mythics, all my troops are fully traited, and 24 of my troops are not at mythic. I don’t need souls or traitstones. So building those last few troops make it worth my while to play more. But, there are over 10,000 players who aren’t where I am, so it make sense to balance it out. Keep up the good work. If you plan to do anything else exciting in the future, you can always create super hard challenges for players like myself with unique rewards.

1 Like

The thing is, no matter how “important” Guild Wars are, only one guild each week will ever get that sweet 1,500 gem prize. Unfortunately, outside of bracket 1, the rewards are a pittance.

The result is that 2 or 3 guilds don’t have to worry so much about gems, but the other how-many thousand do. The “1%” will have a lot less trouble staying current with the monthly release Mythics than everyone else, and that’s the problem. Before the task/LT nerfs, more of the 99% stood a chance, too.

Yes, we’re getting 1000 gems per month back…but we’ve still lost 800 gems per month, plus LTs.

While I’m happy for the “top Guild Wars” people who will continue to be able to pull multiple VIP pulls FOR FREE for every new Mythic, giving the strong possibility that they’ll never miss out, it really sucks staring at your own depleted stash with a significant reduction in the chance to fill it back up because “the economy” was somehow “unbalanced” because enough people apparently weren’t buying the overpriced gem packs to make the publisher happy.

Apparently not being number 1 or 2 means we’re made of money and should be expected to pony up even more hundreds of dollars to have the same results as those folks, or live with the fact that we will likely never keep up with the Mythic releases, no matter how much we play. It makes me sick, honestly.

Disclaimer: I realize that even having 6,000 free gems a month for holding #1 doesn’t guarantee you a Mythic, but it gives you an exponential advantage over someone getting 300, 200, etc a month.

If Guild Wars are intended to be looked to as the major chance for free gems each week, then the reward structure needs a severe rework. Instead of rewarding overall rank, reward the rank within each bracket. That gives every guild a 1 in 10 chance to get the big pot and would make things a LOT more competitive…rather than knowing that your only real chance to snag that prize is to somehow get a spot in the guilds that regularly finish 1st or 2nd.

6 Likes

As much as I’d like to agree, it just doesn’t work like that. Rank is something that can be gamed easily for non-top brackets. All you would achieve is stronger guilds not having a chance for top placement in the first bracket migrating to the top spots in lower brackets. Why settle for a low payout in a tough-as-hell bracket when you are guaranteed multiples of that steamrolling weak teams?

In order to spread the wealth, part of the rewards would have to be tied in some way to participating within guild wars. Winning a fight is a good candidate, it’s a capped resource, and you should be wanting to do that anyway. Reduce the weekly rewards, throw in something for each personal victory, possibly somewhat similar to how revenge battles are handled. My original idea was to hand out the weekly guild wars troop, some gems or crafting materials wouldn’t hurt either.

2 Likes

No news on fixing Impervious to prevent Devour or Mana Burn? Guess Kraken and Mab are going to be overpowered a bit longer.

3 Likes