So what's the story behind your gamer handle?

Great story, just great!!!

People are so nuts in games… repeat the same baloney builds that everybody does while simultaneously having no idea what they are doing, but shitting on people like you that DO.

I saw this myself in D3… when I leaderboarded, and not by a little but by a GOOD MARGIN with a build of my own creation, I got exactly ZERO 'gratz and was crapped upon from all directions for not following the herd. I completely gave up after that as a result, having proven my point.

I think that was the game I wrote a stat-changer for. Seriously. 255 across the board for my brother Zarashel! Myself, I took more moderate +1 and +2’s to certain stats.

“Archer his 2,580 times for 63,298,828,902 damage” AMIRITE :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

I got nothing but flame from other players for it. Normally Venomancers are incredibly squishy, and I was about an unkillable as the game’s highest geared dedicated tanks. This made people SO mad! Assassins jump on me, expecting a free and easy kill only to find a class that they normally counter countering them SO hard.

Of the thousand or so people playing HA Veno at the last estimate, 90% of them didn’t acknowledge my contribution to the class at all, 8% were like “OH MY GOD I READ YOUR GUIDE!” and freaked out about seeing me. The other two percent actively asked for tips or why I did what I did, or even offered feedback to make the build even better.

Also I have no idea what you mean by this, but I see it tagged as a response to my thing, so I feel inclined to ask

Better than being told you’re an a__hat for coming up with you’re own thing, no? :wink::smile:

Am I the only one who finds this weird? What are the likes of you doing in here chatting? Aren’t you supposed to be hiding somewhere, looking at stats, ignoring gamers while laughing at their requests, or comments, or what they like or dislike. All this while sitting in a chair that was bought off the earnings of those who support what you do?

Nope, sorry man I don’t believe you, this is 2017 and developers do not interact this way. (My face turns from my monitor)

Just in case you are who you are (and I know you’re not kidding) thanks for bringing me these kinds of entertainment through the years, including this game. Now, can’t chat, gotta play! :sunglasses:

6 Likes

My name is an alternative spelling I made of the Celtic deity Nemain.

Originally created for an MMO characters, I really liked the name and started using it everywhere.

13 Likes

No that was 90-95% of the playerbase.

I’m saying of the people that actually picked up on it and started playing it

For those who don’t mythologise, Nemain is the spirit-woman or goddess who personifies the frenzied havoc of war. Very appropriate if you’ve ever met Nim! :stuck_out_tongue:

15 Likes

It’s for the Douglas Adams reference

Oh, right right. Yeah. He just chose 42 because it “sounded funny”

1 Like

I might have played spades with ya lol

1 Like

I was thinking the Same thing and started getting all fan girlish… but I just am amazed that @Sirrian is the reason I play this game… I absolutely fell in love with this style game with puzzle quest

3 Likes

Tell me about it. PQ1 will always have a special place in my heart. It’s not the same game, and I love this one too, but for different reasons!

3 Likes

I almost like this one better…PQ wins it just cuz of the nostalgia of it

One person I would like to learn their origin is MrSnake and Salty too

Then you should tag them so they know of your desire! :smiley: @MrSnake @Saltypatra

While we’re at it, I’ll go ahead and tag @Zelfore, @Mithran, and @Sidousai

I was gonna tag some people too but then I realized they have posted already lol… I could just tag random people but they might not find that fun

I just tagged the three most interesting sounding names from my notifications here that I haven’t seen already.

Also, I read back up, but I don’t think I saw Lyya’s

I tried really hard to think of a good story as to why I am Salty. Really, really hard. Like, I’ve been at the computer for over two hours and I have nothing.

I over salt my food. Seriously. The mystique is ruined, I’m so sorry.

24 Likes