Single Troop Defenses

Your sort of taking Sirrians words out of context. I understand your frustration at the problems the fix introduced, but setting 3x Raksha and a Mana feeder would help others with their Stones and simultaneous has a small potential get you a few wins. And you defiantly would NOT be violating “the spirit of the game”.

I posted many workable ideas before, as have others. They need small rewards for defend victories, and larger rewards for team variety, giving the largest for players that meet both.

1 Like

I know you’re joking, but the natural extension of what you’re saying is for everyone to set their defense teams so that the weekly event is impossible for anyone. For example, this week, if everyone on console set their defense teams to have no brown troops (or no Rakshas on PC/Mobile), would that be in the “spirit of the game”? I really hope not. I always thought the spirit of the game was fun, not mean-spirited and cruel.

4 Likes

As long we will need to lose to get revenges, it will always be more profitable to lose. If instead we would get revenges for defense wins, you would see a dramatic transformation of defense tactics :wink:

I agree! 4x Pride guard is ‘in the spirit of the game’ as much as any single troop defense. Thing is though, it doesn’t have to be 4 of the same raksha. You could use any combination of 4 raksha and still get some wins, while still providing snotstones for the community.

EDIT: I think some of the issue with the ‘meta’ teams showing up in pvp more than they should has to do with the fact that you have to keep your GW defense team in slot all week long. It is just easier to set your pvp defense once which sets your GW defense for the whole week.

1 Like

Of course. I’m running Shadow Hunter / Rakshanin / Sekhma / Pride Hunter. I have 18 defense wins to 26 losses. I’m helping the community at large AND I’m getting a decent win percentage out of it too.

The problem is that I’m not INVADING Raksha teams. I’m seeing pretty much nothing but Famine and Kerberos, even in my 2-trophy matches.

Please don’t tell me I should restrict myself to playing only 1-trophy matches because the vast majority of players in this game have a “win at all cost” attitude. That’s more punitive than a 1-troop defense by a factor of 1000.

5 Likes

Please Stop and consider what you just proposed, and how that will effect Defend Team building in the worst possible way imaginable.

Edit: never mind I assume you mean the wink to mean sarcasm.

1 Like

That’s not the right answer. Sorry. Artificially setting up “house rules” to accommodate for inadequacies in the game’s code is never the right answer, whether we’re talking about 1-troop defenses or only fighting 1-trophy battles.

1 Like

Your defense wins are from people farming your event troops in casual chiefly due to the cheap refresh.

I don’t care HOW I’m getting wins honestly, they’re so rare. That being said I did get 2 wins (versus 6 losses) in GW overnight with the same team, even though we’re in Bracket 1, so it isn’t a flop. :wink:

1 Like

I’m using the lowest possible point defense I can, 4x Penguin, level 17 with 1 trait. Has a score of 7379. It helps reduce the number of gimmick builds I face.

I’d love to set my defense to Raksha, but they are all full trait and max level (except Sekhma is 19), and it makes my score too high (9639).

3 Likes

I disagree as without separate battle logs their is no way to tell. And in bracket one you are dealing with the most active players in general. I had set an event defense, but I noticed rather quickly my defense wins were stacking up so I changed it for the spirit of the game. As I was potentially gaming the system as all losses in casual result in me gaining a defense win and a disproportionate amount of resources, revenge battles, and ranking points.

eheh it’s an empasse.

Right now the only real bonus from defense wins is just a few units of gems,
and fighting who lost gets the “Rival” bonus (+100 * gold modifier).

Losing does net just a few gold, but you get to fight back the opponent with the “Revenge” Bonus (x2 gold overall).

Right now to maximize Gold gain via PvP activity, one should lose as much as he could, while still keeping the “highest” deck value (unless you are in a top guild, meaning that guild bonuses are so high, that it doesn’t matter what you put in defense, as the rewards will always be low in the bracket of 800-900 gold).

It could seem rational to aim for winnin on defense, to gain more gems. But Considering that Legendary tasks are a better way to make gems, in a very active guild, it could be more profitable to aim to losing and dedicate your pvp time on maximizing the number of revenges.

On the other side, if Defense wins would be the ones netting the “revenge” status, it would be a nightmare to do pvp, as everyone would aim to maximize the win rate of their defense deck. The situation, as you spotted immediately, would be dramatic both for old and new players, generating much more frustration.

The problem of today battles is that if someone tries to maximize their profits by losing (which in the meantime helps other people getting wins), by putting easy defence decks, it’s a practice that’s frowned upon as “anti-ethical” and “un-fair”.

As you can see it’s an empasse, the carrot is on losing, but if you follow too much the carrot, as there is no stick, the community frowns upon this as it was a lamer player. But he just followed the carrot.

Conclusions: Follow the White Rabbit***Ahem, the White Carrot!

1 Like

I’ll tell you how. Sometimes they get a real nice mana drop. Shadow hunter one shots, and then the others chip away. In fact Rakshanin is far more annoying buffed then I remember!

I’ll also say, they are fun to play my “C” rank teams against. I’ll probably win, but even if I lose, I don’t feel the aggravation of Psion/Famine/Death/Famine or DK/Faminex3. I still feel like my fun theme teams have a good shot at winning, so there isn’t any need to play the same teams I use for GWs.

3 Likes

Ya know what? I dont much care anymore about the issue one way or the other… Seems as this “fix” was the proverbial straw that broke the equally proverbial camals back

I dont much care to grind PvP when it is dictated to me how i am alowed to do so…

Lets just end the whole argument and do this…

Everyone only has one invade and one defend team that can be changed at any time without reason or notice but only by the devs. That way there is absolutely no confusion about what the “spirit of the game” really is because it is apparent what it is not… Player choice on how to grind PvP

4 Likes

Brilliant point and honestly something that has me concerned as well. :disappointed_relieved:

This made me lol :joy: and then cry a little :cry:

I still love this game, but the strategy has certainly given way to the grind… :sigh:

3 Likes

no offense , mate, but imho this game is basically a grind machine.
First u grind for gold (cities first, guild later), then u grind for glories and PVP rank, and finally u grind for TS (either in PVP or by exploring) all by doing a match 3 casual game.
Imho, again, is just a Grind of War.

1 Like

I dont mind the grind (im a gamer from way back grinding things like ffvii) but when your options of how you want to do it are removed my ability to tolerate it goes with it

3 Likes

Btw one more thing i wanna say and i will shut up unless directly addressed

I am sorry to everyone here about being so hostile the last few days but i feel as tho this “fix” is just herding us right into the jaws of the meta the very thing that is (until GW) the most complained about subject on these boards.

3 Likes

In the early game though, you can enjoy the slower pace and play with different troops.
Now that I’m in an amazing Top Tier Guild and we are competing at the highest level, in order to keep up with my “end-game” pace I need to make sure that I am grinding through PVP matches with my Gard’s Team and it doesn’t allow me the extra time to just enjoy the strategy.

2 Likes

If there is any strategy. Often it just comes down to whoever devours or death mark’s first.

4 Likes