Single Troop Defenses

When it comes to game balance, “penalty” and “bonus” are synonyms. The difference is psychological, not material.

5 Likes

Especially when you consider that a 2 x Famine team nullifies those masteries almost completely but they’re still being factored into your power rating.

Stacking cards needs to be addressed at some point as well.

I want to be clear, 1 TD decks are just a symptom of the bigger problem of Gold income deflation in the game, you either be a mid or a late player, doesn’t matter.

When a player, e.g., starts and is used to do 300 trophies each week, and used to gain 1 million , now i’m gaining with those 300 trophies something like 600-700k.

The hype for playing gets lower the more you are in a game, with the top peak activity being in the first period of gaming, and gradually decreasing, with the occasional exceptions being enthusiasts which keep their activity high even after 1 year.

For me, to avoid the “need” for gaming the system, there should be a rework of how gold rewards are calculated, because probably that formula has aged very badly with how the game has grown in the years.

That formula maybe was good when there were lvl 250 players at max, not when the max level right now is way over 1000, and when guild statues were way far from reaching the “soft” cap (when you stop getting any bonuses but additional mastery points)

I talked about masteries, because it’s really easy right now to reach the Stat soft cap, while the masteries grow indefinitely, both with player level and statue level, and i think they may be one of the things to be addressed for balance.

But the issue is clear to everyone to see when you get three battles , each for the same very low payout (800ish) no matter if they are of 1 or 3 trophies.

5 Likes

gaming the system. such a bad word. i prefer freedom of using troops of choice.
to be forced to use only the strongest troops in my arsenal does not feel like spirit of the game :stuck_out_tongue:

Glad the Devs did something about 1 troop. Most of the people complaining about the repetition of teams now, continuously played the same 1 troop Elspeth over and over. I agree about the gold rewards not being like they should, but not about all of the other complaints. People want easy free rewards. Make gold a little harder to come by and they will complain and throw a fit.

1 Like

Alas, poor Elspeth, I knew her …

It’s interesting to see that apparently the single troop defenses were quite prevalent the last couple of weeks. Much more so than before. I was rather bored with GoW in February and March, due to constantly facing the same troops in PVP, so I also used a single troop defense for 8 weeks or so.
You can call me a liar or cheater or exploiter if you want, but my sole intention for setting this defense was getting a more varied opponent selection.

During that time I noticed a couple of things:
1- I saw very few 1 troop defenses (maybe one 1-trophy opponent every 10 PVP offerings).
2- Variation in opponent troops was huge. I fought troops I had never even seen in PVP before.
3- The defense winrate was quite good (10-15%. My defense was my hero with Black Manacles).
4- The two months of varied PVP totally revitalized my interest in the game! :smiley:

5 Likes

I used the 1 troop off and on also It got to be i was seeing 1 troop eslpeth about every time, and a lot of times on 2 trophy. About 1 in 15 or so id see all 3 elspeths even on 3 trophy. Seems id see the same people over and over also

I used the 1 troop defence only last week, i guess by the time it reached me it had already reached that level of spreading that was probably considered alarming. I just wish i had learned about it earlier, as at the introduction of GW i had reached my level of saturation for this game and this trick would have lessened that stress.

About the exploting, gaming, etc, i wouldn’t give any importance to that.
Many people still consider this game like it was a real “multiplayer” one. Having played at many multiplayer ones in the past, i consider this just a single player with the illusion of multiplayer, so whatever everyone does its own business as it will never touch me.

3 Likes

I did only 1-TD farming for the last weeks and it was really nice. It was possible to do that so I don’t know why one should feel ashame of doing it.

I just remind that before every not-4TD was filled automatically. So devs should have modified something. So one can assume that it was done on purpose and it wasn’t a bug. Because when someone talked about exploit it means exploiting a bug or a glitch of the game and so on, if no bug no exploit.

All we do in PVP is farming and farming by definition is boring. Someone say that farming 1-TD is boring but PVP even against super hard teams is boring. I used almost the same team for 6 months (RIP Bone Dragon) and every fight is the same thing to do: match gems. Yeah I could change my team but no thanks because my team is quite fast and so on, I can generate more trophies for my guild which is the main goal of this game.

GW is more stressfull not because the defense are harder but because of the color of the day and the “no loosing troops” bonus, that’s all.

So what’s next? Every 50 fights in PVP your team (ie the 4 troops) are locked for the end of the week? Let’s kill the fun of players ;-).

2 Likes

This thread is so full of :wine_glass:

1 Like

And you are so full of :poop:

1 Like

EEEEEELLLLLLLLSSSSSSSPPPPPPEEEEEETTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHH! (mournful wailing)…
My 4 Penguins work about the same, but I have to double-check every single team that says 6000 points and turns out to be 9600 when you enter the match…ah well…will relearn…

Instead of making T1 farming less rewarding, make T3 pvp’ing worth the grief! Too many Forest Guardian Douche Curse Devour Looping Double-buffed T3 teams that take 10 minutes per match.

1 Like

I am totally against this so called "Fix"I heard in chat several new players having lots of trubles because the 1T teams are now like the 3T meta teams most of the time. This is killing the game for them. As for me, i loved “facing” an occasional elspeth instead of the nth psion-faminex3.
Also tell me, why should face a 3T match that gives me 30 points and 900 gold when i could have a 1T elspeth for 800 gold and 15 points? the PVP is already totallt unbalanced, i find absurd that 3T can give you less than 1500 gold, when u have to face an obnoxious team that kills the fun.
Please, @sirrian revert this ugly fix and fix the reard system.
Think of all the new guys that now cannot grind gold cuz the 1T are now filled with famine!
Imho, made the system replace 1 troop defenses by a standard team of your choice that matches the 1T difficulty and rewards. thanks

1 Like

lol

People whining that claimed to use only 1 troop.

You do realize 4 of the weeks event is still weak right?

Look at this as a chance to help the community. I am using 4 Rakhas that aren’t traited or leveled and giving people a another person to target their event in.

Even if you are an end gamer with all your Rakhas traited and leveled…4 of any Rakhas is gonna be nicer to people than Hero 3x Famine

Just to be clear, there are a lot of people in this game that don’t have un-traited, un-leveled troops.

And it’s not about being nice, it’s about not facing the same teams over and over.

My putting Raksha’s on defense doesn’t incent everybody that I’m invading to stop using Famine and Kerberos.

3 Likes

Not true. I cant speak for everyone. But because I saw some people doing it this week…I did it.

Believe it or not theres a lot of nice people out there who see it and realize “hey, I should help and do that too”.

You could just be another in the list that helps and does it.

I have had 5x straight matches against 4 Rakhas. Theres a lot of kind people out there. Join us.

1 Like

There’s not enough of them (us), sorry. You’re trying to buck human nature by being nice.

I’ve had my defense team set to 4 x Pride Lands / Raksha since reset. I just finished a group of ten 3 trophy matches and 8 of them were against Forest Guardian / Kerberos teams.

so look at 1 and 2 trophy matches
All my options for Rakhas have been 2 trophy or 1 trophy.

I also noticed they were high level people.

Have faith in humanity. lol

Also I just had a 1 troop match…which I thought was turned off…vs 1 Pride Guard…and it was 2 trophies and not traited so im confused. lol

I always set my defense to help others get snots but not this week… The way i understand it is it is not in “the spirit of the game” to set a defense team for any reason other than trying to get defense wins…

So if i set 4x pride guards yeah it would help others get more snots but it is not a team designed to have the best chance at winning which is not in the “spirit of the game”

1 Like