Server Issues Updates: Please see Sirrian's official post for the latest updates

I am not sure if they been having server problems for 6 months but the last week its been really bad. Currently server getting time out every other minute.

I believe that since Sirrian and Nimhain are basically the head-developers and they are at the forums/office for the most part of the week it would humanly tiresome/inviable if they should be in the office even during the weekends.

So, yeah we are bound to miss some communication from time to time, can’t we accept that? I think that you are getting carried by your frustation, frustration that is justified by the poor experience you are having, but if you chould try to recollect your thoughts for a moment you would be able to dicern by your own that “demanding” 24hs/7 days a week of Sirrian and Nimhain attention is not possible. That’s my point. I’m pretty sure that some technical issues aren’t reported to us because they bring no satisfaction to our “own very needs”. A short example:

“Developer: We fixed issue 1!”
“Player: What about issue 2?”
“Player²: I don’t like cofee.”
“Player³: I really hope you guys can fix issue X-BT#6…”

I agree, they will need people to be able to make announcements and stuff during the weekends as things reached this point, but there is no need to lash out on others, from our consumer view we might think that they had plenty of time to build the whole game from scratch, but for a company view they are being constantly challenged as the game grows… So let’s try to be fair with them and with each other. That’s all.

I think most of us that frequent the forum are rather patient and understanding. But, a game being near unplayable for an extended period of time, especially with timed events is unacceptable. It seems most waited until Sunday to express their frustration, it is likely folks were hoping it would have been completely resolved before now.

4 Likes

Ogunther didn’t say he wanted their personal attention 24/7. He and others have stated that if the servers are being migrated as we speak, the company should have made an official announcement about it. It is perfectly reasonable to expect a company to communicate such changes/situations effectively.

10 Likes

Communication is king.

4 Likes

The OP and title here is the ridiculous and insulting bit. Yes you are disgruntled about connection issues. No you don’t get to shout and swear at the devs like that.

We’re told that migration is under way. Be patient. I’m sure the devs are acutely aware of the risk to the player base; but they don’t have endless resources and in a business arrangement like game development they don’t have the sole say in where those resources are spent.

Well yeah this bit is daft. Weekends must be the busiest time, not a smart time to cut support. I trust the game is making enough money that more resources can be mobilised for this? Or do we still rely on @sirrian getting woken out of bed by the petulance alarm?

2 Likes

Ah, but you get to tell me what I can and can’t do. Glad we got that figure out, your majesty. Lol

1 Like

Ok this answers my question of anyone else having issues. Didn’t they have a server migration a couple of months ago? That one was announced.
I’ve been just as frustrated as everyone else but the fact they are migrating shows they are doing something. They have come back to the office during holidays, vacations, and off hours. Not to mention dealing Apple to get other devices updated. If we’re frustrated imagine what they are going through trying to fix it all.
In the long run losing a couple of rewards aren’t going to kill us or change our game.
I’m going to get real. Compared to being told your terminal with cancer, losing a couple of rewards are the least of life’s problems.
Hopefully things will be better when we get back to playing.

5 Likes

That’s probably right. I also understand that some people couldn’t experience the issues because of RL routines like work and such already limiting their time at the game, or that not having everyone aboard the servers during the week hiddens the symptoms of insuficient server bandwith that are at their peak during the weekends.

Yes, it is, but it is also perfectly reasonable if people could keep realistic expectations that things can go wrong in many ways even with the best people at the “reins of a carriage”. I understand that the frustration boiled to a point were people i took as reasonable would say:

So you will pardon my exaggeration since i’m trying to handle an aggravated situation with people that deserves better, while i also try to avoid being called a “white knight” just because i’m trying to keep things reasonable until the devs can check on us…

1 Like

Um that’s not getting real. Show me one person on here that even came close to making such an asinine comparison. Such “real” talk is vapid and does nothing to help the situation. Let’s continue your train of thought, shall we? “Compared to having your flesh and organs painfully devoured by Ebola, cancer is the least of life’s problems.”

My heart goes out to anyone who has cancer or has a loved one with cancer but this is not something to just pull out of your ass every time you think someones gripe doesn’t have merit. By your alalogy, we should all be happy with any and everything as long as we’re not experiencing the worst thing imaginable.

2 Likes

Show me any communication by the Devs about the current downtime. Any. Not done heresy from someone who says they may or may not have read something the Devs may or may not have written in chat. Show me the communication and I’ll happily pipe down.

Ty ogunther. I was just by my oncologist I am terminal with endometrial cancer. So I can say a few game problems is pretty pale in comparison

I am so sorry. I have lost several friends to cancer - breast mostly, a few cervical. Don’t let the diagnosis take away your time to still enjoy life. I have watched too many friends just give up instead of taking each moment and making the most out of it.

Do not know how long you have, but create what you can as you can…while you can, and Appreciate those who are there for you with you beside you.

3 Likes

I am truly sorry for your predicimate, @LYNDALE and my heart goes out to you but if this is true (and I’m not doubting it) why are you spending what I can only assume is a small window of time you have left arguing on the forums about something that is, to you, now meaningless.

Far be it for me to tell you what to do with your life (whether short or long) but this would not be where I would spend it if I had the same news.

Regardless, I hope the doctors are wrong and you live a long and happy life. I’ve dealt with cancer myself so I sympathize and despite our disagreement on here, I send you nothing but positivity and good thoughts.

3 Likes

I’m extremely sorry to hear this and my thoughts are with you and your family.

5 Likes

I’m assuming, from our past good experiences with the devs and server migration that went totally smooth, that they scheduled it to be done and let some people taking care of this job in the hopes of bringing the news by Monday. That is a guess, yes, but i and no one here can offer you anything better so far. You can stay as angry as you want, my take on your approach is that you can feel bad about how poorly you chose to act on your predicament.

But from this point it’s up to you, that’s the best, i think, you deserve from me:

• Some input to reconsider it all.
  • And now space to act as you seem fit without any interference from me.

So nothing, right? Thank you. That is my (and many others on here) point. The issues have been happening all week and have been exceptionally bad this weekend but we’ve heard nothing from the Devs. That’s not bad on us, the players who are upset about this, that’s bad on the Devs for not taking the time to at least pop in and say “Hey, sorry; our bad. We’re working on it. Will update you all when we can.”

You assuming the best based on nothing but hearsay is your own right but it’s a fantasy world of your own creation so don’t expect the rest of us to jump onboard simply because you’re ok with your imaginary excuses.

4 Likes

the amount of people who don’t now how game dev and servers works are too damn high.

2 Likes

The amount of people who don’t know how developer communication is supposed to work are too damn high.

3 Likes

I can’t believe you’re still having this temper tantrum. Sit down, cool off and get yourself under control. Lose their player base? Far from it. And I would guess they’re a little too busy to hold your hand every time you decide to have a meltdown.

Your massive sense of entitlement is ridiculous. It wouldn’t be so bad if you didn’t pitch this same hissy fit every time things don’t go your way.

2 Likes