Server Issues Updates: Please see Sirrian's official post for the latest updates

WTH are you talking about? How about you take a good hard look in the mirror before personifying your personality onto others and assuming you have any right to talk down to someone else.

3 Likes

@ogunther We have a problem! Don’t you talk about my devs that way sucka!

Yeah they have been announcing it in global recently, they’re switching to Amazon servers. Which means the servers will be much better and they can have as many as they like. They said last night that they’ve already moved a bunch of people over to the new servers, and they would be moving the rest of everyone over the next 7 days. I agree they should have also posted this on the forums.

7 Likes

Did you actually see them announce this in chat or did you just see other people talking about this in chat? This wouldn’t be the first time rumors turn into “facts” in chat.

Also, they’re my devs; I’ll talk about them however I want. Or don’t you remember when I traded you 3 kitten memes for them last week?

1 Like

The issue this morning with the servers appear to be a knock-on affect of the migration. We have moved a very small percentage of players across to the new servers, but it appears it was causing an issue that affected the entire playerbase.

We think it’s under control for now. Now we have most of our devs starting our working week here, we will be able to monitor the situation closely. We apologise for any downtime that occurs, but it is our best intentions to have the servers running as smooth as possible.

10 Likes

Literally saw them say this with my own eyes, and I asked Sirrian what the new servers are going to allow them to do. Which he just said it allows them to get as many as they need for the server load.

1 Like

Thank you for providing precisely the evidence needed to prove my point.

Hi @Andrew, I appreciate your response and I’m glad to hear things appear to be back under control. Any chance you guys can throw up an official post about the migration so users are at least aware what is going on. Most of the frustration here is because there is almost no communication (unless a person happens to be in chat when a dev stops by).

1 Like

Hey River, I don’t know what’s going on with you or in your life that your view is so skewed but you may want to talk with someone about it professionally. This is not intended as a slam or an insult but I think talking with someone could really help you out. I wish you all the best and hope you get better soon (for real).

2 Likes

Yeah Andrew beat you to it lol

If it’s the Amazon servers they’re migrating too then yeah, they basically have infinite server bandwidth as needed. It’s a pretty sweet setup Amazon has going there.

1 Like

That’s great news @Andrew. Just as i thought something has gone awry as it is very possible in this kind of situation, let’s hope that the improvements come quickly enough to “sooth the pain” that people have been through.

Yeah should be great for the game, and hopefully the end of much of the problems we’ve had over several months.

Also though as a side note, the devs are usually on at night(my time) due to that being their morning time. So sometimes information gets leaked during that time that most of the player base doesn’t get to see. I agree that they shouldn’t share anything semi-important in global with sharing it on the forums as well.

So i’m one of the lucky few that get to see a lot of this stuff, but cut them some slack. They’re on when most people aren’t and we don’t know when they plan to announce things. I’m sure Sirrian actually planned to make a post which is probably why they haven’t moved the majority of players over yet.

1 Like

Fingers crossed!

1 Like

Déjà vu… :wink:
Did you actually happened to become a psychic at that time you were abducted by…

Sorry, i’ve been looking for a reason, no matter how silly, to actually put this on any post related to you. :joy:

8 Likes

Thanks, @ogunther. That really did make me laugh out loud. I see your capacity for self-righteous anger is only exceeded by your pretentiousness. Have fun, I’m done here. No point in arguing with the deaf.

Oh wow…that’s unbelievable in the best way Ivar. :laughing::joy:

1 Like

Lol as the OP, I approve of this picture. I can’t believe I’ve never seen it before. Hahaha it’s perfect.

1 Like

I was serious about everything I said and do truly wish you the best.

2 Likes

What is it with you and kittens, HK?
So cute, widdle kitty cats

✿:heart:‿:heart:

1 Like

Oh kittens are the best. They’re my sweet spot. I love dem.

5 Likes

lolwut

How dare a paying customer expect a product to function as advertised, or at least an explanation as to why it is failing to do so and how the provider intends to remedy the situation?!

I’ve sat quietly on the sidelines of the countless interpersonal conflicts you’ve stirred up here, but this is insane. Your mischaracterization of ogunther’s demeanor and statements strays so far from reality and reeks so strongly of malice there’s no room to give you the benefit of the doubt: You’re a bully.

Customers have a right to demand answers about products that are not functioning as intended. You’re the sole source of any hostility in this thread.

8 Likes