Question about Gems of Khorvash

I would replace monticore by monk and you will get every color and she fit well with korvash since he can stun 3rd or 4th slot troop with x4 gems then monk can target who she want and deal double damages so if korvash didin’t kill the first 2 troop she also can finish one of them

Emperor Khorvash has been one of the top 2 or 3 most seen troops in PVP for months on PC/mobile. Hate to break it to you but tomorrow? It’s going to be more Emperor Khorvash.

1 Like

So when I say tomorrow, you feel that they’ll never come up with a troop that’ll out match him? Thus making the use of him less than now? I don’t feel that. I feel they’ll be another troop along the way that’ll out match him, his usefulness, his popularity. This is the way I see it. It might not be in the near future but eventually they’ll create a troop that’ll take his place. Like I said, we just got to get used to the way things are.

In the past, troops have seen this level of popularity. Then they’ve been nerfed and we hardly hear from the them again.

Khorvash survived his nerf, so he’s here to stay for the foreseeable future.

As for whether or not another ridiculously overpowered troop will take his place? I likely won’t be around to see it because if they keep releasing troops like Khorvash that are obviously head and shoulders better than anything else in his base rarity, it will be a signal to me to stop playing altogether.

2 Likes

I like this, it sounds like the Devs couldn’t even stop his mana draining, true damaging self. They lost to him too. :sweat_smile::laughing:

Yea, I hear ya tho’.

1 Like

To be fair, the said nerfs in the past (Sheggra, Webspinner, Maw) were fairly significant. Of all of the things that Khorvash has going for him, they chose to reduce his damage resistance. They might as well have just said “we like him the way he is, deal with it”.

3 Likes

@Rickygervais @Stan

Tried a couple of teams attempting to take advantage of the +25% L.E. Kingdom bonus and also using +50% Desert Mantis. All against the right most 3rd PvP choice, all wins, but slow… Mantis may give +5 Glory but its not like he helps with the win.

Amira and Monk are both are better than Mantis IMO.

I’ll try a few more.

1 Like

@htismaqe You know, I would take out his stun from his spell. He will still be good without it. If everyone agrees on this and petitioned for this, then the Devs could do the same to him like they did to those other troops. But anything else being removed from the Emperor (increasing his mana won’t help), I don’t think they’ll make a move. Someone could make a thread petitioning for this, make it on going with people signing up or something. They could at least consider it.

That’s pretty much my conclusion exactly. He’s along for the ride but has no purpose/synergy in any team I can come up with aside from providing the glory bonus. At best, he’s a better than average skull attacker/meat shield owing only to the 50% stat boost this week.

I was using EK, Mantis, the devoted and mercy. When it works its great but you’ve only got one damage dealer and it can be a bit random, setting up the AI now and then. Mantis is crap though. Plus he uses giant spider’s cast noise. I can’t stand the troops that share sound effects. I realise there a lot of troops but surely it can’t be difficult to record a different sound effect.

Is this the wskill was right thread?

I no longer think korvash is op btw, considering cards like the dragon soul, mab(especially in combination with justice…obviously) and whatever new the devs come up with to instagib the above with. Just fyi.

Im already at peace not playing pvp anymore and i fully am aware that i make my guild less rendable this way but whatever, its a small sacrifice to keep my blood pressure reasonable.

1 Like

Ok since I noticed you being in pain about Khorvash let me share some info. First keep an easy refilling troop in the front. By that I mean stuff which fills up early. Second, make sure all of you major damage comes from slot three! Yes that slot is a very important slot. Highly underrated while team building. If you want to have twin damage sources make sure damage #2 is somewhat safe. Third, if at all possible make them pay for casting Khorvash. Khorvash although has drain if you have an exploder or a troop which can refill others with a cast punish Khorvash teams like that. Remember, he is not all that mighty. He can be smashed. I’ll throw a team of the top of my head, Golem(Super underrated and not to mention very quick Stoneskin) a mana filler which can fill up fast, GS or anything like that, Amira(Best Khorvash killer out there, you’ll get why, if you’ve gone through the lore) and another damage source. But always remember. The opponent wants to give up, you if you have played with your team well enough you’re go to win. Oh yeah, and the banner? You choose that. As I can help only a little

1 Like

@Beowulf
You missed my point entirely, so its fun Analogy time.

Oranges taste good and are healthy. Only eating oranges every day for breakfast, lunch, and dinner is boring and not very good for you.

You wrote me a paragraph on how to peal an orange.

4 Likes

I’m big enough to admit being wrong about the Defend Meta. I only played to Rank 1 this week but now that now that the L.E. Kingdom +25% bonus has ended I’ve faced EK a “regular” amount of times.

I was just disappointed upon returning to PvP last week to see what appeared as if nothing changed in the interim. The Event Bonus does have an effect on Defend Meta.

PS: EK is still a bit under costed, but I could care less if I get to battle some different teams!

1 Like

EK not a problem BD is a problem! I beat EK teams easily even before the nerf! I want my PVP battles to end quickly so I can move on to the next one! If we make all troops the same then my battles are going to last too long and this game is already time consuming as it is! I don’t care if my defense team loses I just don’t want my offense team to take 20 minutes to win a dang match.

You want variety most of us in top guilds want quick! Why? So we can move to next match! Gold is hard to come by when your level is close to 1000! Many matches quickly!

Neither Khorvash nor Bone Dragon puts up much of defense. I’m level 1150 and in an active guild. Average match is about 1 minute. Speed has nothing to do with it. Difficulty has nothing to do with it.

1 minute a match! I do not believe you! But if that is the case then no worries maybe they should make EK stronger not weaker! You are flying right through him so he is too weak!

You’ve completely missed the point.

You don’t Nerf a troop because you are tired of playing it! You Nerf it because it’s too strong! You said yourself it’s easy to beat so it doesn’t need to be Nerfed a 2nd time! Have you ever thought that maybe the reason you see it a lot is because some of the lower level people don’t have a better option so they use EK! I have lots of different teams that I use depending on the team I’m playing but others may not have that option! For the record I lick my chops when I see EK I do not like BD and Famine!