PvP Matchmaking supposed to match like this?

[quote=“HKdirewolf, post:22, topic:8478, full:true”]Idk what iggy means.
[/quote]

It means he’s ignoring you, or in bulletin board lingo, he has put you on his ignore list.

3 Likes

Oh wow, that’s new. Hurt my feelings too.

I must be getting old.

1 Like

Too bad for him the ignore feature on this site is virtually useless. :smile:

1 Like

From what I can tell, the “ignore” system here, whether it’s sub-forums, threads, or users just suppresses notifications, it doesn’t actually hide the content. If it did, I wouldn’t have to see all the console recruitment threads all the time!

1 Like

Right. It’s a general Discourse “feature”.

Oh hey… the same four forum knights are tut-tutting amongst themselves because one of those damn peasants got uppity again.

1 Like

Oh hey, our resident diarrhetic pigeon showed up to poop all over those of us who actually find things in life worth being happy about.

9 Likes

At the bottom of the thread, there should be a Tracking button. Click that and there will be various options, one of them is Mute (I think the last/at the bottom). Clicking that will “hide” the thread from your view.

I do that all the time with the console or foreign language threads :slight_smile: You have to do it to each thread that you’ve read, since by virtue of reading it, it gets set to that Tracking by default (it seems).

Yeah, you can use that for entire sub-forums. Unfortunately, they don’t stick. Every 4 or 5 days, I get a huge influx of console recruiting threads again. I go in and mute the sub-forums and they’re gone, for 4 or 5 days. :wink:

That’s odd. I’ve got recruitment threads muted and they don’t show at all for me, and haven’t for a very long time.

We’re talking about the following options, yes?

4 Likes

Sounds like your browser is clearing out cookies.

Yep.

Every 4 or 5 days, recruitment threads start reappearing in the list and I have to go back and mute them again to get them to go away.

Not to mention the fact that if you accidentally click on a recruitment thread, it instantly overrides the original setting and that thread is forever viewable until you specifically mute it.

Nah, that’s not it. If the cookies were disappearing, I’d lose more than just that. Like persistent login, for example.

I’ve muted entire forums and subforums and haven’t had any new threads show up. It’s the ones that I’ve read before and if someone replies or “touches” it, it’ll show up so I have to individually mute it as I indicated above.

Well, obviously we don’t all run the forums, but the devs frequently view/skim through most topics, whether they respond or not. It’s best to treat them like Santa Clause or you could end up with coal. All in all, good effort. I’ll award half a point since your statement is both true and false.

Aggressive, but succinct. I’ll allow it.

Now that… that hurts.

How can we be sure? How can I be sure? How do I know you aren’t crossing your fingers? :sweat:

Oh! You should have started with that. Disregard all of the above text. (See, I took a page out of your book and put the important information at the bottom.)

Oh, before I forget; one more thing:

your* :smiley:

Take it easy.

1 Like

Wait, how you do dis? Teach me Sensei.

I would’ve asked you sooner, but I think I skipped over your post. Apologies.

Select your portrait, then the cog for Settings/Preferences, then scroll down the page to “Categories.” Add the categories you want to mute to the “Muted” field.

1 Like

I figured it out right before you posted. Thanks anyways!

maybe you should adjust in your settings the part:

Automatically track topics I enter

• i have set it to 4 minutes, so for me its fine to missclick if i dont stay there too long
4 Likes

I didn’t even know that was an option. Vielen Dank!