Patch 1.0.9 Arrives!

I think the 0/5’s and the 0/10’s still move one at at time but the 0/50’s and 0/100’s definitely move at least 5 at a time!

1 Like

Ah, well, I just did a bunch of 25s and all of them were still manual, so I guess I assumed they all were still only going one at a time.

The ascension arrows will increase the number sacrificed based on the amount you have AND the amount required.
It’s a bit of an arcane formula at work there, but it definitely kicks in for the big ones.

1 Like

Ouch - that sounds like a bug. We’re currently investigating that.

1 Like

Gotcha! I assumed at first it would move them all, like how souls have an all-in option, so after I saw it was not doing that I was just tapping furiously and not paying quite close attention to how many were actually moving over as I did it. Good to know.

um… on ascension i have a choice of all or nothing? so if i have 7 and i want to keep 3, i just have to sit there with the other 4 because i cant decrease the number? too bad the back button doesnt go down by 1 so we could keep the number we wanted.

is that how this one was intended?

also seems some of my lvl 19 commons and rares are missing a lvl (legendary 19s are now 18 like goblin and green shaman) could have sworn my hobgoblin was gold as well…

It shouldn’t be working that way… is that what you’re seeing?
My understanding of that system (and I haven’t given it a thorough test for a number of weeks, so I might be a little hazy) is that if the number required is low, or the number owned is low it moves one at a time.

You have 7… how many does the ascension need?

for ogre, i had 12, needed 60. i had option of 11 or 0. i dont like sitting with a bunch of them i like seeing the ascension bar go over even when i only have a few.

if it is as intended - ill adjust :slight_smile:

I’ve been playing this game for the past month and there’s two things i’m really sad about:
1st: I wish i would have know about this great game before.
2nd: I wish i would have know about this game in time to get Wild Fang’s card, because i really like gnolls, oh well, at some point i’ll get him. =D

1 Like

Will the Deathknight Armor be available for gems at some point?

No plans for that at the moment, sorry.

I’m also wondering this. Making the (now) best armor in the game only accessible through real-money seems like a low-blow

1 Like

I really want to like the Knight more than I do. First, it seems odd Knight gives +2 Life instead of +2 Armor. Armor makes way more sense both in terms of the other Knights and especially since Priest gives Life. Second, Avenger is relatively weak and doesn’t synergize well with his Weapon (which is about not letting Troops die). All in all it seems like Priest is just a better version of a similar class.

And I’m having a hard time seeing why anyone would play something other than the Priest or Warlord. Priest clearly has it’s strengths and is pretty flexible whereas Warlord is strong in any skull-based team. And that Warlord weapon. OMG.

Archer Class

Perks:
10 - Unerring Aim +4 Attack
25 - Quickshot +2 Magic
50 - Elf Friend - Hero counts as an Elf

Traits:
Nature Heart
Fast
Bullseye - 15% chance skull damage hits for lethal

Level 20:
6 ATT, 8 ARM, 7 Health, 5 Magic

Weapon:
Dragon Oak (14 G) - deal 10 dmg to enemy, remove all gems of a selected color from that troop to boost damage (2:1)

Okay, the difference between dragon armor and this new armor isn’t all THAT significant. That’s some pretty tame IAP incentives right there. I can’t possibly complain.

1 Like

can poison wear off now that it can kill you?

@Sirrian @Nimhain is the Spider Swarm correctly appearing in chests? (says it should do so above) - but I opened a helluva lotta gold chests so far and don’t have even one of them…

Buck me with a bag of picks that is a lot of new stuff.

i just got one.

Thanks for all this new and/or improved stuff! This is a great patch overall with lots of cool things to uncover.

It will take quite some time to notice and get used to all the changes, but my first impression is that it is a bit of a mixed bag, with some insane buffs, some massive nerfs, and a bit of everything in between.

Some pros and cons so far:

Abhorath: You outright KILLED that troop, there’s no sugarcoating it. He had ONE great trait, Leader, and he was the ONE troop with that trait on whom it actually belonged, as he made sense having in first position. You removed that from him, gave him a really meh legendary trait instead, and you also don’t offer a refund for the traitstones I spent specifically to have Leader on him, and which now give me a useless +1 magic on ally spell casts… To add insult to injury, just as you take it off the best natural leader, you’ve buffed Leader… To further add insult to injury, he was leading the ONLY PVP team I have since the game erased everything for me last week. I will have to replace him. Poor guy. =(

True Shot & Agile = You Win: I’m glad this was addressed, although the hammer might have fallen a bit strong overall. Orion is the sole survivor of the original True Shot trait wielders, ironically, since he was seldom ever used for this purpose (and still sucks as a front liner anyway). Both Centaur Scout and Glade Warden, by very far the two worst offenders of the previous patch’s meta exploit, were nerfed right back to the lousy low-level troops they had always been prior to 1.08, which is awesome. Out of the few troops who received the lesser version of True Shot, Armor Piercing, literally none also kept Agile, so the combo is officially dead and buried. For Agile, the glitch was a far bigger concern than the displayed number: it used to say “30% chance”, when in practice it happened 90% of the time; I hope now that it says “20% chance”, it will actually happen 20% of the time, rather than 80%. In any case, since the remaining Agile troops aren’t very dangerous and none has any remaining business being in first position, this shouldn’t be a big deal.

Gnoll: Now that my private prophecy came true, I can reveal it: the one Arcane traitstone I spent the entire 1.08 patch desperately hoping to finally get was an Arcane Beast, which was all I was missing to fully “trait” this guy, and hopefully wreck the True Shot/Agile PVP meta with his insane True Shot / Frenzy synergy. Even with Wild Plains as my home kingdom, I never had that chance, unfortunately, and just as I expected he got the boot in this patch, so this will never come to pass. He gained a pretty good trait as a replacement, albeit very redundant, so he’s back to being a subpar, weaker Berserker.

Burning: Burning was already a really scary ability, as seen especially with the red/yellow toy routinely wrecking face in the Arena. Very rarely does a troop recover from losing half its life outright, then the rest of it over the next few turns. Now, it also literally kills, and many more things give it. Welcome to the Danger Zone!

Jarl Firemantle: Between his increased Magic, the buff on Leader, the buff on Burning, and his new “Burn one guy at random whenever you match 4+ gems” trait, which is way stronger than the Aflame trait he traded it for, Jarl was just bumped from a great troop to an unstoppable killing machine. He might just be the upcoming PVP meta’s winner. We’ll see.

Eternal Flame: Oh my gawd what a buff to an already very annoying weapon (albeit admittedly a niche pick)! Instead of merely feeding Sheggra on the spot, this will now also randomly condemn one enemy troop to an almost certain death within a couple of turns, and the trade-off is that… it costs like 1 mana instead of 0 (exaggeration intended). Wow. ^^ This should also be insanely powerful in the Arena, obviously, especially coupled with an elite DPS that takes Red, like the Gorgon. See Burning above.

Chimera: She traded the part of her spell that was almost never useful (Entangle) for one of the strongest abilities in the game (now also deadly). Moved up at least a tier in the Arena with this! Pretty cool.

Poison: Similar to Burning, this is a very big buff, and will have a great impact on the Arena. I’ll have to see about the Poison Master rework, but just my current line-up with the Wyvern became significantly stronger with this. The Hag will rock even more, too. Contrary to Burning, this is still a very slow effect, so the impact shouldn’t be as big, but it’s noticeable already.

Wolf Knight, Dark Maiden, Musketeer (and then some): Quite a lot of spell damage increased in this patch! These guys all moved up very significantly in the Arena, on the spot. This should shake things up!

Emperina: This has always been one of my very favorite troops, even if she was always underrated and she received a truly bad set of Traits when that came up (okay, +1 Red is decent, but Aflame has no value on her, and Dwarf Slayer has no value, period). Now, her spell suddenly becomes even more insanely powerful than ever before, which might just make up for her lack of useful traits. In any case, I’m glad she’s receiving some love in this patch.

Combo Breaker: A lot has been said back and forth on this change already, and my main concern was addressed. As an Arena player, the impact of this change won’t be too negative for me, so I’m okay with this now.

Last but not least:

You’re dropping this huge bomb on us seemingly out of nowhere, almost as an afterthought? =( Not cool. I’m not sure yet if this means 10 gems or 30 gems, but either way this is a steep increase, and will kill the cheap low-tier duplicate farming aspect of the Arena. Commons & Rares we’ll still get loads of from Gold keys, but this means that Ultra-Rares will join the Epics in the category of “nearly impossible to get, let alone ascend” (I have yet to earn a single copy of the Shadow Hunter to this day, for instance).

4 Likes