Mythic Drop Chance

Yeah, that’s pretty normal, sadly. They mean to make Mythic troops hard to obtain.

1 Like

The main reason drop rates are not disclosed is because they want the ability to adjust rates as the environment changes so that they can control the market. Always trying to get people to continue playing and hopefully paying. If the rates are listed it is hard for them to change them without fall out.

I’m against pity caps, it just feels wrong. the existence of RNG is part of the fun in the game, and should stay fully random. You shouldn’t be presenting something as random while it’s not.

If they do intend for anyone (with enough resources) to have something, then that something should just be sold directly for the proper amount of whatever game resources they choose. Or real money, that’s an option too.

2 Likes

Wait, so you feel it’s ok for someone to spend hundreds of dollars and get nothing and a new player to pull it on the first Glory key and that is Good RNG?

Too bad it’s ultimately a business model that will drive Whales to stop spending.

I spent more than 2000 keys. My friend used 10. She got 2 Wulfgarok and I get zero. This is Good RNG?

NowayJoe2Go

1 Like

Good or bad, it’s a proven business model, and I don’t see the game changing away from it. As well, this shouldn’t come as a surprise; the first chest you opened should have prepared you for the loot-box nature of progression.

No, I personally feel it’s wrong to spend hundreds of dollars just to get anything inside a game, regardless if you got it or not.

Still, I do get that some people want to do it, and I agree that they may feel cheated if they don’t get it. I just don’t think pity caps are the answer. Instead, I suggested selling it directly without any randomness factor. How is that not better?

The meaning of RNG is Random Number Generator. It’s supposed to be random, or else it won’t be just ‘bad RNG’, it won’t be RNG at all.

2 Likes

So long as I never “need” a mythic, I’m fine. The moment a mythic is required to max out a kingdom’s power level and they remain in current method of acquisition, I move on.

4 Likes

I saved up 100’s of gem keys and 1000’s of gems to get Gard’s Avatar and then got him opening 50 glory chests.

That’s really only a matter of time, though. Sooner or later, a kingdom will reach “almost level 10,” and the absence of a Mythic will hold back that stat point. Luckily, all power levels before that are inconsequential, so you’ve got time :slight_smile:

There is a way around that though. Say it takes N troops to hit Powerl Level X. If the Kingdom, with mythic, has N-1 then you can’t hit PL X regardless. They add 2 troops, and with mythic it has N+1 so it reaches PL X. If you don’t have the mythic, you still have N, so you can still reach PL X. So the mythic makes it easier, but it isn’t required. And I’m fine with that.

That’s true. Time will tell, I suppose.

They need a way to make chests give you at least 1 of every troop from that kingdom. There’s plenty of R,UR, EPs I don’t have because the number of troops now are too many so it drowns out the chances of pulling others. Now obviously this is by design. This isn’t a quick game by any means, and it isn’t built for completion. At least fast completion. Currently the game doesn’t offer much when you “complete” it, unless you just really love the game.

I want the new Wulf mythic more than I’ve ever wanted anything. I play the game for the future though, so that means not caring what I get. Didn’t get this meta’s special troop? No biggie, there’s always the next one. If you try the quick and fast route, and get disappointed when you don’t hit completion, then you’re going to get burned out. That’s what they’re trying to fight against.

As an idea though, if they allowed everyone to get at least ONE copy of every troop it would keep people happy. There would still be plenty of grind after that. As I’ve always said, there’s nothing wrong with a little bump n grind.

WHat are the cost of glory, gem and event chests in gems though?

It should not be that random… random doesn’t equal fun.

If it really is 1 in 1000 chests, then you could also code it so that you get 1 in 1000 chests, instead of having a 0.1% chance on every chest.

The difference being that with 1 in 1000 chests you will actually have 1 mythic after opening 1000 chests.
While you might not have 1 after opening 10 thousand chests with a 0.1% chance (chance is chance after all).

It’s easily code-able by keeping track of chests opened since the last mythic, or just by keeping track of chests opened overall.

2 Likes