Mini-games Ideas

Assuming you’ll also love the new minigames, I don’t see the problem.

Because then it means also having a mini-game to win a ton of glory. I wouldn’t spend 5 treasure maps to play just one game. I’d want my 5 TH games instead. These mini-games were thought of as add-ons, not replacements.

But then again, if you add a new currency, you’ll have to earn it somehow. If they add a new way to earn it, it could make maps just the same. If they replace one of the current ways to get the new currency instead of maps, then you lost them just the same.

And if you use gold, well, that would make a whole lot of other people sad, as there are currently too many uses to gold already, and it’s hard enough to decide if I should invest my hard earned gold on gold chests, leveling kingdoms, or guild contribution, adding another use for gold is just mean.

1 Like

I’d be find using souls to play games. I have no idea what to do with them. But since I don’t play PvP 24/7, I don’t have tons of glory to burn through, and I do want to buy several bundles when new creatures comes in. So basically, that means not being able to play any mini-games in the current state of the game if they keep costing glory. :confused:

I find this to be good… so you’re saying 10 victories would assure 2200 souls? Seems a bit much? if i’m wrong your math isn’t very self explaining.

Now, it would be 2200 souls, but at the same time it should be pretty expensive, and a single loss would be eliminating, so to get to the 10th fight should not be frequent occurrence. Although when I first thought of it, I had stopped at 8 fights like for the Arena, which might be more balanced.

I thought the point of the arena mini-game was to provide an easier venue of Soul in the first place? Why need another soul farming mini-game?

Okay, but if we do 2200 souls, having it affected by armor and VIP bonuses? besides arena enthusiast what reason would we have to play arena?

About that, if I recall, devs said they’d probably turn back to creating mini games after 1.0.9 rolls out. Patience my friend !

It needs to bring something new, it’s roughly the same rules as arena with different rewards. Maybe have all traits unlocked on cards or have one of your cards instead of the hero.

We definitely need something to earn traitstones more easily. Currently, I don’t want to farm for any traitstones anymore, runic and arcane traitstones are too damn rare, for arcane traitstones I don’t even bother, I wait for weekly events…
However, it seems a bit easy to me to get big traitstones…

For the Arcanes, I’d say :

• matching 3 runics gives you 1 half of an arcane.
  • pairing half an arcane with another half will fuse them (the slot in witch the half arcane you selected was is emptied, as if you used Dwarf Minner’s spell on it). No need for a 3- match here.
  • Half arcanes have to be in an adjacent slot to be fused together (obviously).
  • At the end of the game, if there are remains of half arcanes, they are converted to 2 runic (not 3, because it allowed you to recover some place on the board).

For the celestials, you’d need to have at least a 3 match of arcanes using all 6 colors
You can use, if you need it, a 4- match if, for instance, the 3 match includes only 5 colors.

The endgame would be significantly different than what TH his, and the game harder, but worth grinding on !

I kinda don’t like memory games.
It’s kinda easy on steam to do a print screen and display it on a second screen, you wouldn’t loose much time and would score very high unless the timer is really short.
Besides, even without considering cheaters, I don’t know the average age of GoW players, but I noticed that quite a few players here have kids. Meaning they are old enough to have their memory starting to degrade, even slightly, that’s not really fair to them in my opinion…

I would so much rather have new game types than new cities and troops right now…

1 Like

I’d like to see a game for traitstones that uses facets and cuts of gemstones.

Something where you select a “Cut” of gemstone that changes the formation of the board you will play on. Then depending on the selected cut, you will need to match causing a number of facets to form on the stone, and polish level.

So you might have to make multiple matches of a certain color to break an inclusion out of the raw gemstone, earning you an extra prize. Matching near the edges could help change the shape of the stone. While the total number of matches could raise the level of polish on the stone.

The better you do, the higher the rarity of the stone you earn, with the potential to earn multiple stones and other prizes.

The different shapes of boards could add a nice dynamic.

Here is a basic set of cuts just to help envision some board shapes:
http://www.ashtongems.com/gemstoneShapes.html

I think we just need the update to come out so we get all the new shiny stuff plus the rebalancing. Hopefully that’ll mix up the meta and introduce more variety in team comps.

[quote=“ctu1208, post:12, topic:3640”]
I thought the point of the arena mini-game was to provide an easier venue of Soul in the first place?
[/quote]!Actually that part has been nerfed, I’m not sure it’s a great venue for soul farming anymore. You’re probably a lot better off doing a classic Valkryie farming team if you need souls.

[quote=“Teddy, post:13, topic:3640”]
besides arena enthusiast what reason would we have to play arena?
[/quote]As an Arena enthusiast, I don’t see ANY reason but fun to play it. Quicker to farm souls with Valk team, quicker to do PvP for gold and trophies, plus it bringsd you glory if you need keys. I love the Arena but I see zero reason to play it if not for enjoyment.

[quote=“Zelarith, post:14, topic:3640”]
It needs to bring something new, it’s roughly the same rules as arena with different rewards. Maybe have all traits unlocked on cards or have one of your cards instead of the hero.
[/quote]I thought of a mini-games with traits on troops, but since troops are FAr from being equal in that regard, I’m not sure how it could come out.

[quote=“Zelarith, post:14, topic:3640”]
I kinda don’t like memory games.
[/quote]I think memory games are fun, but that’s just me. I am in the age bracket you mention and I’m pretty sure my memory is excellent.

[quote=“Machiknight, post:15, topic:3640, full:true”]
I would so much rather have new game types than new cities and troops right now…
[/quote]I’d been down with that; although I’m always excited to see new troops in the Arena (so, no Epic or Legendary), I’d like to have more diversity.

[quote=“Esoxnepa, post:16, topic:3640”]
I’d like to see a game for traitstones that uses facets and cuts of gemstones.
[/quote]That actually sounds like a nice idea.

1 Like

10 matches, of equality for 10 trophies, and 3 glory keys, which comes to 60 glory - with armor, 400 souls, and 2600 gold.

You need to do 20 pvp matches for the 60 glory, and I would say a healthy 7 pvp matches for the trophies, unless you reroll for only 2 trophies each match. Arena has a very good alternative source of rewards.

I don’t see how you can think the rewards don’t venture into the time spent. Any glory i get from PVP i refuse to spend saving it for glory packs so an alternative source of keys… It works.

How about: the entry fee is in traitstones? We’d all like a way to recycle the traitstones we have in excess, just as much as we’d all like a way to gain more traitstones we need. Two birds, one stone. =)

I’d suggest something like the following fees (of any type, of course):
10 minors
OR
5 Majors
OR
2 Runics
OR
1 Arcane

Celestials wouldn’t be accepted, because come on, they’re Celestials.

Edit: I might not be in the right ballpark with this. Perhaps it’d be broken. Maybe 100 minors / 50 Majors / 20 Runics would be more reasonable, but you get the idea. ^^

How about a speed game? every 2 or 3 seconds that it’s your turn, your lead troupe takes damage

I would really like to change my treasure maps into slot coins or something like that… The treasure hunt mini game is to similar to the normal game in my opinion… I would prefer a Slot Machine System. For example… The vertical Lines get a rotation… with every click you can stop a line… if you are lucky and you have 4 skulls in a row… you get a price or something like that… All in all i hope for more thrill and attraction… :heart_eyes::smiling_imp: Or the Option to change the maps into limited boosts for kindoms to get more resources… :sunglasses:

From the original Puzzle Quest I did like two of the mini-games there:

• Doing a game where you have to defeat your opponent, but your turns are timed. This was to train your steed, higher levels would limit the time on your turns.
  • Gather a certain amount of each gem, but no reshuffle - if the board gets to this state you lose and have to restart. This was to learn a new spell.

I think you could combine the two into a nice idea to have a mini-game to get traitstones: You select your target level of traitstone (possibly even the exact color) and the higher the less time per turn and/or the more mana required.

3 Likes

MTG: Duels of the Planeswalkers does something similar to the first idea with their “Challenge Mode”. In it, everything is pre-arranged and you have to win the game in one turn. I’ve always thought that was very fun. Hard to imagine the same kind of complexity in Gems, but something like it would be cool.

How about a game that you can bet resources (maps, gems, glory, gold, etc.) and if you win you get a multiplier. Right off the top of my head I think of the Poker mini games that the Dragon Warrior series and others have. You could do something with each kingdom ranking top cards with points based on rarity and having multipliers for creature type or kingdom. Ex.
Same Kingdom x2 for each troop past the first Multiplier increases by +1 for each additional
Same Type x2 for each troop of that type past the first Multiplier increases by +1 for each additional
Player A
Bone Dragon- 25 pts.(2522=100)
Skeleton- 5 pts. (52=10)
Sheggra- 25 pts. (25
2=50)
Total Score= 160
Vs.
AI
War- 30 Pts.(303=90)
Brian the lucky 20 Pts.(20
3=60)
Luther- 20 pts. (20*3=60)
Total Score= 210

Rewards:
Win: bet x2
Win with 3 of the same type: bet x5
Win with 3 of the same kingdom: bet x5
Win with 3 of the same kingdom and type: bet x25

or
Win: bet increase to the next level (minor to random major stone, 10 gold to 20 gold, 1 gem to 2 gems, 10 glory to 20 glory, 1 map to a 2x map (a map that wins double rewards) common troop to random rare troop) and with the same idea above risk a common and if you get a full boat (all the same type and all from the same kingdom) random legendary.

I did 3 as this seems to be the magic number for GoW. I would think having a discard step in there as well would be applicable.