Love Is In The Air

I really love the troop design… Valentine’s Day is coming a bit early this year! :slight_smile:

1 Like

WOW>… its so… ME! im gonna have to figure out how to incorp this into my deck!

RIP the remaining bit of Lamia’s relevance as a troop.

1 Like

Well, except for being cheaper and affecting 2 units.

Imp of Love hits 2 too, and it can still do something even when 1 is left. The only advantage to Lamia is full mana at start.

:newspaper: Love is in the air, and so is the Weekly Feedback Report! (No, that doesn’t make sense.) :gift_heart::heartbeat::heartpulse:

Sporting a quiver full of arrows and devilish good-looks is the non-seasonal Imp of Love! He’s piercing all of our hearts this season with the arrow of feelings, or bloodshed, whichever!

This heartbreaker splits damage like any classic imp, but also causes internal divide among squad members with the spell-turned-status effect, Charm! An ability originally exclusive to the Lamia, this spell makes an opposing team member strike any adjacent allies.

And nothing fills his heart or Magic with strength quite like the death of a foe. You too can fill your Pure Red Troops with power this week thanks to the Arcane Stone of Rage! You can taste the blood of your enemies already.

:newspaper: Hope you’re not too broken up over this weeks end of the Weekly Feedback Report! :broken_heart::cupid::purple_heart:

[Match you next time!]

5 Likes

So I wondered what an Imp was, so I found a definition:
An Imp is a small creature that plays harmful tricks in children’s stories.

This thing about playing harmful tricks seem very true to most of the Imps in the game… :slight_smile:

What will this week’s event chests offer? Other imps? :slight_smile:

How do we know what Charm does? Is there some help text or a definition somewhere?

1 Like

It should do exactly what lamias charm does.

You… don’t read my Weekly Feedback Reports…? :cry::broken_heart:

I do… And like you I’d assume that (absent any other info) the new spell repeats the Lamia spell of the same name… Just don’t think it’s very clear as written - new players will have no idea what Charm means and we’ve not had it used as a Keyword in other spells before… It probably is this effect (which makes this troop feel pretty over-powered, as usual) but that wasn’t guaranteed… We’re all making assumptions (which in this case are probably true) but I’d rather it was clearer!

7 Likes

Lamia’s spell is just named that way. You can’t just assume it to be the definition of ‘Charm’ when it appears in other spell descriptions.

Similarly, Ancient Horror’s spell is named ‘Devour’, but what he does has nothing to do with what ‘Devour’ means in other spell descriptions.

2 Likes

That’s a very good example… I suspect in this case our assumptions will be right - but clarity and/or a tool tip is much needed!

1 Like

I assume there will be an info msg to the right that explains what that status effect does. Like with any other effect has. During PvP battle when you click on a troop who has a spell with some status effect, there’s always an explanation to the right of that spell about what does it do.

1 Like

That info can also be seen when clicking on a troop in the troops screen. You can already see the imp by clicking ‘Show All’, and you can see that in this case there is no explanation whatsoever.

The artwork of this troop certainly doesnt bring “love” to my mind…

The “Charm” effect is exactly the same as the one the Lamia has.

In 109 we have a little Info Box with that in it (and the Lamia’s spell has been reworded accordingly). Sadly, it’s a client-side change, so we can’t get that into the current version. Unfortunately we can’t fit the ENTIRE description on the card in a readable format if we don’t abbreviate to “Charm”.

1 Like

@Sirrian. This troop does bring up a problem with a future feature. You said there will eventually be a way to undo leveling/traits when a troop gets nerfed. If this feature was theoretically live now, would Imp of Love count as a nerf to Lamia that I or anyone else could get the traitstones and/or souls back for leveling Lamia, which was just done 2 weeks ago for the Little Hunt event.

In short, does the eventual “undo” system put into consideration nerfs by the representation of better functioning troops. This in the past would have been Bombardier to Goblin Rocket, Siren to Celestasia, and of course this current troop.

What Kingdom is this guy in?