Keeping Masteries Even

For anyone hoping to keep their masteries as even as they can (looking at you @Studs) I have been tracking my level up’s via screenshots, I can confirm that the offered masteries follow a pattern as I have catalogue it looping after 15 pairs have been given, here are my findings

It may be possible that this pattern is only followed for a particular level range and changes to another pattern, I hope this can help someone somewhere

(Ps. It took me 48 minutes to upload all the screenshots as if I mass upload them they get posted out of order so I uploaded them 1 at a time from my phone)

11 Likes

Great work! I will definitely be referring to this as I get closer to level 1,000 to hopefully get my masteries to some nice round numbers.

1 Like

Thanks @actreal

Here are them in a bit more compact state, read left to right, top to bottom

8 Likes

So it’s a cycle of 15 before repeating.
That would look something like this:

/ | / | / | / | /

/ | / | / | / | /

/ | / | / | / | /
-------------->> Repeat >>---------------

If someone doesn’t follow this cycle, be sure to post so here, don’t want to provide any incorrect info.

9 Likes

Yes, the cycle being 15 long makes sense, as that’s the number of two-color permutations that exist. Nice to have confirmation, @Cell! It also means that masteries can all be even at level 990, and if they are, then to get as close to even at 1000 as you can get, you’d want to pick something like:

991: Green
992: Red
993: Brown
994: Yellow
995: Blue
996: Green
997: Yellow
998: Purple
999: Brown
1000: Blue

For 2 Greens, 2 Browns, 2 Blues, 2 Yellows, 1 Red, 1 Purple (essentially avoiding a “trap” where you over-picked Blue, for instance, and ended up with 3 Blues and less of something else).

6 Likes

Great work, Cell! :slight_smile:

1 Like

#UPDATE

I just reached level 400 (quite a milestone for me) and the Masteries presented where Blue/Yellow so people can back track from there and more accurately figure and map out where you want to go

1 Like

Hm, in that case the sequence above must be adjusted. The theory (untested by me, at least) is:

When you gain level X:
Bonus table index B is (X mod 15), which means the remainder of X divided by 15.

B | Options
--   ---------------
 0 | Yellow / Purple
 1 | Blue / Brown
 2 | Green / Purple
 3 | Red / Brown
 4 | Blue / Green
 5 | Red / Yellow
 6 | Purple / Brown
 7 | Green / Yellow
 8 | Blue / Red
 9 | Green / Brown
10 | Blue / Yellow
11 | Red / Purple
12 | Yellow / Brown
13 | Blue / Purple
14 | Green / Red
8 Likes

Just dinged 951, got Purple / Brown as options. 951 mod 15 is 6, so there’s at least one more data point supporting this theory.

1 Like

I just hit 173 and did get the (8) Blue/Red option. So, that also supports your X mod 15 theory.

1 Like

701 and red/purple: check

Confirmed. 466 mod 15 = 1; blue/brown