I feel embarrassed for having recommended this game

On console, there was also a huge nerf to daily tasks, though that was completely justifiable as, before that, we could complete them over and over again with no limits.

1 Like

Yeah, I really don’t see anything out of the ordinary to be honest. As I see it, they’re really sloppy but at the end of the day they listen to players and make a fun game while also trying to not go out of business.

That is why I take hiding all my videos pretty seriously. I don’t want to hurt this company in any way. They deserve every penny they make and more.

I’ve never really talked with you much or known you all too well, Krudler, but I feel like you’ve already come to the right answer:

When I watch an old video of some online or mobile and see the mention of Version in the title, I’m instantly conscious of the fact that, if I go into the game now, it will be different.

If you make the audience aware of the fact that “this was then, this is now,” then you’re free of any fault the viewer finds with the present condition of the game.

So be proud of what you have contributed, provide criticism to how you believe it can be improved and don’t sweat the small stuff.

No need to take anything down if an older video makes someone wonder what’s changed over time. This makes them curious to check the latest video where you explain your gripes or peeves with the newest version, and then the watcher can make their own decision from there!

And I can assure you, as a frequent flier of youtube, this is my mindset exactly. I don’t watch a single – possibly outdated – video before deciding to dedicate my time or data space to an online/mobile game.

8 Likes

Agree with @Zelfore. These old videos show what the game was and can be interesting for the new players to compare the game between different versions.

You recommend a F2P so maybe some players will waste their time but no money is involved (aside if you recommend to take the 99$ pack…). It’s not like you recommend a 20$/month MMO… So you shouldn’t feel guilty.

About “the game is broken”, devs don’t have excuses anymore. Crafting was the main one and now that it’s released, they have to fix the game balance in the few next months…

1 Like

No I don’t think we have talked. Hello and thank you for you comment :slight_smile:

Yep, that much is clear. I don’t know why I was feeling such a conundrum but I’m glad everybody here pointed me in the right direction.

This is a personal note so people might want to skip to the next para. Your comment was interesting to me but you might assume I have more familiarity with YouTube and its culture than I actually do. I just put my videos out there. What I find odd is such a re-surge in popularity of videos that are no longer applicable, then the backlash from people who get a game experience different than what they saw.

Anyhow for starters I’ll be doing some renaming and adding a standard caveat to the descriptions. I believe I will also hide the least relevant ones, which I felt had a great deal of value but the viewership didn’t. No sour grapes, really it is now opportunity to pare the whole thing down which I see as a good thing.

Now, if I put together a video criticizing and casting my opinion out there I want to do it carefully and with sober thought. I haven’t had much emotional concern for this game more like a yearning for it to stabilize. I have not meaningfully played starting approximately 6 months ago when Guild Wars was (charged language alert!) bolted-on without being fully fleshed-out. Staying on top of this game’s twists and changes has been like trying to keep my balance standing on a waterbed which is on a dingy floating in a backyard pool. That alone is going to make it difficult for me to put together my thoughts in a concise but meaningful way.

Your videos are not gowdb.com (formerly ashtender), which I think would be a huge blow to the game (although that’s just conjecture, since I don’t know the site traffic, I’m just guessing). I enjoyed your videos back back when you were making them, and found them really useful and informative (as I mentioned to you previously). But I’m not sure there were enough of them or for a long enough time to “become part of the fabric of this game”. As many have mentioned numerous times before, this forum is just a small subset of the games player base. Quite frankly, even if @Tacet stopped making videos, I think that would cause a mild short-term ripple, but would also be unlikely to disrupt anything for I+2.

So as others have said, do what you think is best for you. It’s unlikely to really affect the company or the community that much.

2 Likes

I think I need like, a jingle. Maybe “Never fear, Salty is here?” No, that’s awful. Let’s not speak of this again.

No fighting. It’s not on topic, and there have been a lot of really offensive remarks made. It’s never appropriate to call another player names or insult their mental health.

On a personal note, we are thankful for all the videos you made @KrudlerTheHorse. They were a great mixture of fun and informative. However, if you feel strongly about the direction the game is taking and want to take them down, we understand. You need to make the best decision for yourself and behave in a way that will bring you the most closure. We will support you with whatever decision you make.

6 Likes

You don’t have to agree, but when I get hate mail, trolling, and personal attacks because people play this game and then hate it after watching my videos, or because they detest some opinion that I’ve given which they disagree with, or they feel it is ok to make me a target of their frustration with the game, I believe I have earned the right to say that my videos have found a place in the fabric of this game. You might think that over-inflates their importance and you are free to feel that way.

You may freely close this topic with my blessing if you wish. I have achieved my answer, which is a full blessing to remove my previous videos. This doesn’t need to stay up because I don’t now nor did I ever care about any form of popularity or to draw attention to myself. I am very relieved. I know in this world of cynicism it is difficult to believe that somebody would care or hell even feel some form of responsibility to a game company, but I do, and that’s why I made my videos and why I was concerned not to take them down amid all the emotion that has been flying through the player base for months. I probably kept them up for longer than I should have, but I was not clear on what the correct action was. But now I can take them down without a worry and go back to being a regular Joe Shmoe every-day player who doesn’t have to hear anything ever again about why somebody doesn’t like this game or whatnot, or angry players turning the act of me hiding of my content into a rock to hurl at the devs’ head. For the record, my profit on my videos is minus $2000 :wink:

1 Like

I watched all the videos though. They were getting better. I liked the true damage one, as well as the alchemist+firelink team. Using a Sunsail effectivelly was also cool.

i think you shoudl just include a big title/subtitle at the beginnign and in the description of each video that would say which game version it was.

that way it shows which game version was cool and you supported.
automatically it will in no way suggests that that you support afterwards released versions so you wont have to be ashamed or perceived as a face for the afterwards released versions :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just to throw myself in to say… I still enjoy the game and I started in December.
I can’t remember games, apart from Guild Wars and Aion, that I played for months.

At what level will I hate the game? 1000?

And don’t feel embarrassed. Everyone experiences things differently and handles problems differently.
If someone has fun for some months then it was a good journey.
Pause some months.

In agreement the game for me since playing on console was not based around RNG or anything of the such I just ignored everything from the get go for the past 2 years as I was having absolute fun from the start was even when quests was challenging and I got beat by AI’s magic attacks rather than ****crap luck 20+ cascades magic attacks spam spam etc, then after a year or so guild guardians update came in… an oh my god the justice league teams 100% everywhere for the past year an half ongoing (I know someone’s gonna try an get me on this it is pure guess work or just a rough figure in my head lol) an since they’ve arrived with the Psion, Famine, Sprit Foxes with them an being at end game with 10 missing mythic troops and trying my luck… (Ha what’s luck? Says the computer this is all skill! An it is so much fun wiping the floor with you with my 20+ cascades every time heheheh) that’s enough of that… but purely with what’s been done and updated with the HYPE for the Soul Forge and Dungeons no one’s having the time of their lives me included as I was one hyped up to the 9 wanting to try and atleast get somewhere’s with the new update and hopefully get my final troops… the answer? No I will not be getting them anytime soon, no I will not pay to put towards more diamonds or other resources required to even be able to craft just the one mythic to then have to fork out another 900 or so out my pocket for the next or even buy so many gems that would be more or less equivalent to get said last troops the only thing to do is just save whatever keys and just try an get the new mythics with them as that is the only way best for me to get 'em an I’m pretty sure other’s would find it that way too, I know this may seem to be going off topic but in regard it’s to show that I know how you feel as you was enjoying yourself from the beginning and everytime you had a break you come back to it being worse than before etc etc… we all love this game and how addicting it can be but the dev’s need to think properly and know what can be done to solve the issues aswell as to not rush the updates and think more about it and test things or even so release public beta’s BEFORE releasing the full update (Example they could’ve just brung in dungeons as a beta with a capped lvl of 5 or something for the SF idk but so we could help them find bugs etc and report it then have them fix said bugs an that is that) But I think i’ve said my part for this as it is a more than long winded reply than what it should’ve been lol… an yes people I know I don’t paragraph my wording well but it’s how I write my essay’s i’m sorry (essay’s on forums that is before someone confront’s me on that too >.>) But as is been said we as the game’s players can only enjoy the content that is brung to us… emphasis on the word enjoy there…

EDIT 1: Did start playing game on PC after a year playing on console (Soon caught up to myself too o.O) an was albeit fun but not at the same time as yes easy skull baits etc but had the usual bs of devour an stuff an pretty much the only thing I can say is that the console AI is what has drastically ruined the game not to mention the costing of things in the SF and how low resources you get from dungeons… oh and leg tasks just damn right suck and having tried to utilize the fact that these are called Legendary tasks and laugh at them purely because they are not worth it just not worth the time that people make the gold and put into them 1m gold for a very low amount of resources that doesn’t include gems?!! I vaguely remember them being nerfed in the first place for having gems in them and (I was not playing during this time on PC so I didn’t even have leg tasks or the guild guardians…) but yeah anyways yeah leg tasks got nerfed with no gems and probably other resources and also due to x4 speed… an still even though I promptly play x4 speed all time myself because I can just handle how fast the actions go off and so on but the question I ask you here dev’s… does EVERYONE play on x4 speed? Do we all get the gold the same rate as everyone else?..

To sum it up pretty much these things need to be done…

1. Lower the resources for troops in Soul Forge or follow number 2 instead…
  2. Make dungeons repeatable for lesser resources or make it replayable but harder and harder each time you play that said boss on the day or something
  3. AI needs A GOOD LOOK AT!!! ALL PLATFORMS!!!
    4)Leg tasks need to be looked at to even be considered being called Legendary

Also Krudler I am sorry if you did not want this on your thread if you want it taken off let me know this is just me pointing out my little issues an I would understand if you didn’t want it cluttering your thread/post I forgotten how forums thing’s work anymore. c’est la vie.

1 Like

Bah, it’s just a game man. A silly little match 3 gem game with some collectable elements and team building. It’s really not that serious. I’m quite certain your reputation will be fine. Just don’t play it if you’re not enjoying it any more, you can quit anytime you want. It’s not like you need to anull a marriage or something.

Tangential; your vids were great! Please don’t delete them!

Just my opinion but tho Lyya’s site is mighty helpful I doubt many people would stop playing if she removed the database.

1 Like