I don't like the GW point system

I am meaning that the reward for having high guild statues already happened. In fact they happened instantly everytime you donated and got the rewards for it.
I don’t see why this should carry on to have further rewarding effects by completely skewing a different new introduced mode in favor of the guilds that already got rewarded heftily for doing the work in the past.

5 Likes

Ah, apologies, it appears I misread. I took the Sentinels from the first half of your post, and mentally posted it over Guardians in the second half. I thought you were talking about leveling up the Sentinels to 5 ><

1 Like

yes i was

there could be a mix of not-playing and the 4win players between the 5 and 11 (you couldraw a chart, i probably couldnt :stuck_out_tongue: ) number of members and the both conditions i considered “noticably worse” in comparison to perfect play

I did mix up Sentinels with Guardians in one or possibly more of my posts, so it’s absolutely not your fault. Anyways apparently i have a hard time expressing my opinion on this issue in english, so i will just shut up now and leave you guys to it :slight_smile:

Can sympathise with that view… but the flip-side is that GW appears intended to reward both current and cumulative success… which I personally think is a suitable aim. Maybe I am biased as I am in a ‘top’ guild already… but I am aware of my own filters.

4 Likes

i agree

there is long term reward for high statues already

i think some additional benefit for it in guild wars would be fine, just not this huge benefit!

nothing wrong with that, i just wish the “current” success was more rewarded (and “cumulative” success analogically less rewarded) then it currently seems to be

currently for competitively active guilds it feels like “fighting against the windmills” in comparison to hyperactive guilds and therefore for them ( and probably all lower guilds) “current” success is being riddiculed

2 Likes

In my opinion there should be no +% bonus whatsoever. You either qualify by using a one color team (which is the entire concept of the whole thing) or you don’t and you forfeit.

And tasks wasn’t the only reward. We were also gaining added stats for each week. Something that newer guilds wouldn’t get and now are further punished for it. With GW, older guilds as well as newer ones didn’t do anything to deserve the +%bonus. And that’s why it’s a rigged system.
A couple of supporters here talk about how you can use strategy, have better attendance and so on.
That is not the issue. Though correct it is completely IRRELEVANT. Nothing can be done to change the fact that it’s a cheat. An unfair advantage.

Cambridge dictionary’s definition for the word competition: “an organized event in which people try to win a prize by being the best, fastest, etc” That can only apply if we were using an environment like the arena. Which btw this game has. In arena a lvl1 player was able to have the same chance a lvl1000 player would have.
Here we have a football (not american :stuck_out_tongue:) championship where some teams start their matches at 0-0, others at 15-0, 25-0 and the very fresh ones with negative scores.
I mean seriously, how many more advantages do the older players need till they feel their pride hurt?
It’s a open “competition” where everyone can “compete” yet there are guardian bonuses, sentinel bonuses, kingdom bonuses, double and soon triple power bonuses, and not all troops are available to everyone.

In such an unbalanced environment don’t put everyone in it, while pretending that there is the slightest chance of anyone other than the top3 guilds? to ever get the no1 prize. This is like laughing at our faces, showing us what they will get, while we fight for scraps. Sugarcoat it all you want but that’s the bottom line.

I might regret making this, but I put together a calculator spreadsheet so people can work out what various guild results would result in (ala what @Annaerith was doing above).

A couple notes:

• It’s assumed all members are using full 4-colour teams. It would have made the spreadsheet way to complicated if that variable was also added into the mix. (Could possibly add it per win category, but not sure if that would be useful)

• Statue bonuses are done in a number from 0-1. So 80% would be 0.8.

• Only the number of members under the surviving column needs modifying on top of the statue bonus. The rest should sort itself out.

The link will ask you to make a copy of the spreadsheet. This is so multiple people don’t overwrite each others changes etc.

Let me know if there are any issues.

3 Likes

Yeah, I very much hate the point escalation on these fights. I just won the first four, and lost the last one due to crappy gems and horrible luck, which actually would be fine if the match had only cost me 1/5 of my potential points, but since it cost me about HALF of them, I’m left feeling angry and frustrated. And frankly, if I were a game company, I’d consider leaving my players feeling angry and frustrated to be pretty low on my list of “successes”.

GW is very random. With Death Marks and Devours all over the place, and the RNG flipping you the bird and either not giving you anything to match, or giving the defense crazy cascades while you sit back and watch for a minute or two as the opposing team simply charges up and wipes you out while you do nothing, it’s ridiculous that a single match is worth that much to your overall results. Since ANY match can go very badly, very fast, to have THAT much riding on any one match is, frankly, just stupid.

This is rapidly becoming more stressful than it’s worth for me, and that’s a shame, as I’ve liked GW in general up to now, but that one particular thing regarding the escalation of points is absolutely terrible in my opinion. I’d have left today feeling pretty good about my results and looking forward to tomorrow, and now I just feel angry and frustrated and dread the whole thing.

I get the point about the adrenaline junkies like it, but they’d still like it just fine if the matches were weighed evenly, while some of us wouldn’t hate it as much. And in balance, it’d be better for everyone to basically like it, than for a few to love the “rush” while a large portion of players hate the disparity and arbitrary nature of the results. I really hope they rethink how these matches are scored.

4 Likes

Fun fact. If you lost the 1st round you would again not be able to fight the 5th match, so it would result in the same lose.
Where you lose is not the real issue but not to lose. And not to lose without any troop loses either.

I have no idea what you mean by this. Stat boosts for each week was a recent addition when tasks were overhauled. Previously tasks only gave loot, not stat boosts. So this is something new and old guilds are now getting. Sure the older guilds probably have longer-serving / ‘richer’ members and can afford to complete more tasks, but so can any top-end active guild.

Welcome to the forums btw @Nikosxi, it’s been a while since we had someone who put so much anger and rudeness into their posts. No idea how long you’ve been playing, but this is a free-to-play collection game; you can’t just turn up and be angry at people who have been playing longer having more stuff.

And that’s what I was talking about. I even quoted the part to which I was referring to. What I meant was, that no one guild did anything to “deserve” the +% bonus that is now added and logical people find it unfair.

I don’t know where you saw anger or rudeness. Only one person got that, cause despite mine and others explanations (almost scientific ones) on how this is broken, he went on with his IRRELEVENT details.
I’ve been playing for 510 hours according to steam, current lvl400 (got it today). I registered in the forum yesterday cause it’s the first thing that I found so unfair, that I had to mention it somewhere official.
Though when I was registering, I didn’t see anywhere mentioned that I have to give my details out, cause others would try to prove me wrong, not by valid counter-arguments, but by questioning my time in the game and calling me “angry” and “rude”.
Oh thank you for the welcome btw. Wish all the welcomes were as kind and honest as this one :wink:

1 Like

Ah. You don’t mean stat boosts, you mean the +% GW points? Yes that is new. And I agree that it seems a bit unfair. This is old ground already.

Sorry I misunderstood. When you said stat boosts I thought you meant stat boosts, that is the bonuses to Life, Armour, Attack, Magic stats, that all guilds can get each week.

There are a few places where your tone would rankle others. No doubt you don’t mean it. Sorry but it’s not always clear in writing what tone was meant - and easy to read arrogance into self-belief. This one however feels pretty rude: [quote=“Nikosxi, post:128, topic:23071”]
how many more advantages do the older players need till they feel their pride hurt?
[/quote]

As an ‘older player’ I don’t know how I’m supposed to read that as anything but an insult? It’s not like I asked for the game or GW scores to work this way either.

It’s really not all that arguable. Bracket 2 guilds only get 200 gems back from the potential of spending over 300 for Sentinels. Not only that but the 1st place finisher (#11) and the last place finisher (#20) get the same exact rewards.

Guild Wars, like the rest of GoW, seems to be geared towards the very top.

2 Likes

No no no and completely not what I meant. Of course and you didn’t ask for it and I don’t think any of us did.
What I meant was that older players (I include myself there compared to much newer players) would feel embarrassed by being put in a “tournament” where they contest the prizes with lvl1 players. I am for one (can’t of course talk about any of you guys). And now on top of everything else I also have a +% bonus from nowhere over them as well.
This makes me feel ashamed when considering the newer players/guilds and at the same time I AM the newer player/guild compared to the much older players.
My only beef is with that particular detail of the whole GW implementation (and possibly 1 or 2 more things) and absolutely nothing with the players.
Hope that solves the misunderstanding :slight_smile:

I’m going to finish the week for my guild, after that I think I’m done with GoW. Guild Wars has simply decimated any and all enjoyment I get from the game and replaced it with stress and agitation.

Yeah, I’m done. GoW used to be special and unique, a game that didn’t revolve around actual PVP. I didn’t have to actively try to stop another player from having fun in order to advance. But now, GoW is no better than any of the thousands of other mobile games with that premise. I don’t want that, I’ve never wanted that, and I wish that I hadn’t wasted money getting to VIP5 to see this happen.

I know there are plenty that just thrive on that type thing, kudos to them. But there are countless games like that to choose from already.

4 Likes

To offer a contrary view: I find it really refreshing that I have to think about my team comps a great deal and then have to think carefully about the match as it’s played. It’s really reminded me of why I fell in love with the game in the first place.

I’ve actually found the problem found the biggest problem to be that my guild is in the 71-80 range so first or last we get the same rewards. It’s not stressful enough!

3 Likes

What if the GW point system just simply ADDED the relevant color statue to your battle points total rather than a +20% +80%.

Nice and easy and reduces the spread.

1 Like

I still think it should be a flat %.

1 Like