I don't like the GW point system

I don’t understand your comment, If its “flat” then just remove it from the game.

2 Likes

Pretty sure it means everyone gets the same % bonus for playing with the right color cards.
So flat in that it is one percentage for all.

I don’t understand your comment.

A flat 60% bonus per color troop still has value. It rewards the person that takes a chance with 4 of a color instead of the guy that plays it safe with a meta team of multiple colors.

It does the exact same thing as it does now but with everyone on equal footing.

1 Like

I put my views on this one in this other thread:

I think there should be some difference for Guilds that have invested over time in building their statues up - but the balance between reward current activity and cumulative activity should shift. Maybe 50% max, maybe less.

I’d also like to see the differential between the fights be less severe. The fifth battle is currently worth as much as the others put together so any RNG-triggered loss is horrendous - half the points gone. Linear increase in this would feel better too.

I also got away with saying my Guildmates are nuts. Teehee. Unless @Shimrra reports me.

1 Like

probably your opponents are not so strong :wink:

The more I read of people’s thoughts the more I find that the best way to keep the current system as is, is to make the rewards per bracket and not like now 1 size fits all.
If brackets end up with guilds which are pretty close to each other then it would be a bit fairer and appropriate.
All guilds would fight equal enemies (or semi-equal) therefor the risk/anxiety would end up with a real chance for a big prize. Otherwise ignore that and go for the less grandiose prize.

@sirrian posted about that at some length when brackets were first introduced - in one of the preview threads. Someone more organised than me can no doubt find it for you - suffice to say he disagreed and gave reasons.

Personally I also disagree: then you can never move brackets? how do we set the brackets? if you move to a higher bracket you get worse rewards? That sounds both impractical and very likely to get exploited… like we in MatchMasters could all take a week off and plunge down many brackets, then clean up and get the top prize in a low bracket, which we probably won’t see when we are (mostly rightfully) bracketed with Intrim, Anonymous et al.

1 Like

I see now. Your saying a brand new Guild created last week should be absolutely identical to a top one in Guild Wars.

I think higher Guilds should be recognized for their effort. But to a much lesser extent than what they are. By just using the Guild statues and simply ADDING them to the battle you dramatically reduce both the impact and spread between guilds. This still gives recognition to top guilds. Of course you need to use the correct color to get this.

1 Like

Truly that idea would not work.

In fact, to everyone complaining about how unfair the sentinel percentages are, I would suspect that the greatest disparity in % is actually in the top bracket. My guild is currently in 4th place with a 71% bonus. Top is 80%. How many other brackets have that big a disparity?

A guildmate had a great idea - cap the bonus at 60%. Top 40 guilds duke it out in 4 brackets and everyone else is working hard to make it into that top 40.

Wait one a hot freaking minute! @kanevan and I are writing GoW music do we not deserve a place on this Team?? :cry:

3 Likes

Team Fanboy needs a theme song…

3 Likes

I’ll get right on it… after I finish my latest video… :wink: :wink: nudge nudge

2 Likes

I’ve already said this in my guild chat: The color point bonus is so huge that it forces all the players in all the top guilds to go the single-color route in team-building every day, and that’s a lot of work/time I can’t really afford. And I have to do it if I want to stay in my current guild. It isn’t sour grapes because I have yet to lose a match, but if I run short of time I’ll be going with one of my standard PvP teams and blast the color point bonus. Better to bank approx. 4K sure points vs. 7-8K high risk points, the risk being how much I’m having to rush it.

There needs to be other scoring criteria. Ex: Damage done vs. damage taken. Bonus for winning after killing summoned troops. No damage done points for Devour or Death Touch kills. And I could go on. If none of my reliable standard PvP teams are any good in GW, then I may have to bow out.

4 Likes

I couldn’t agree more. The simple fact is that the difference in enemy strengths between your soldier match and your paragon match do not in anyway warrant the point discrepancy. And I’m not saying this because I lost points either. I tend to do pretty good in GW. Today’s matches:

I’m complaining because I think it is just not a fair system. I don’t think it has to do with the fact that I’m in a higher bracket. When Tacet made his newb account, I made one too thinking that it seems like fun to play newb cards again and get that excitement back of not being able to win matches in 2 minutes.

It’s in a guild that’s not even top 30, it’s lvl 150, and yesterday it’s Soldier match was against an all-mythic, max-lvl, max-trait team. All it’s matches were actually. This isn’t something that just effects end-gamers in the top bracket. My lvl 150 newb acct has to risk half the day’s points to win 50 against teams just as strong as my main account’s paragon matches :confused:

I can only imagine how stressful this must be for active newbs who managed to get themselves into mid-level guilds. I made the decision to drop my alt down to a rank 600’ish guild to avoid this situation :expressionless: I don’t want to be that guy who costs a guild I consider full of friends tons of GW points every single day even if they say it’s ok. I’ll see next week whether I’ll face mythics even down at the rank 600 guilds lol.

Another thing I think could be better is the +50% xp reward. That just pushes my newb account into battles against even tougher pvp without me gaining new cards or resources at a faster pace to deal with it. At least change it to something all players consider an actual reward like +50% gold.

+50% gold helps both newbs and end-gamers. It helps the game since players will play a lot more to grind out that extra gold while they have it. +50% gold makes winning every day’s matches worth something even for guilds in brackets where 1st and 10th still get the same weekly rewards. +50% gold makes up for me spending time in GW when I could be pvp’ing.

• Reward for winning your daily matches changed to +50% gold.
  • All 5 matches worth equal points, 1/5 of the daily total.
11 Likes

I’ll pay Red Minors and Red Runics for this theme song if @efh313 makes a performance dressed as Fred Mercury! I’m gonna send a ticket asking for this transfer to be sanctioned by Sirrian himself. :smiley:

Back on the topic:

Having the statues affecting the max score cap on each GW battle is proving to be a big barrier protecting all the old guilds. If the statues would provide status to both attacking and defending troops the results could be more or less the same, as it would take some time to beat this advantage as guilds would improve their statues to reduce the gap. (And this is just a simple and plain boring idea, certainly it’s possible that someone can elaborate something more interesting in this sense.)

Personally, losing the battle to such players wouldn’t be as bad as not being able to at least try because my perfect victories are simply worth less than theirs perfect (or almost perfect) battles.

But where can I find a Black and White unitard??

1 Like

I understand if it’s killed the game for you. I expect there will be some new guilds that crop up that make Guild Wars totally optional. Heck, there may even be guilds already that make Guild Wars optional. I’ve considered going and founding a guild with just me to play guild wars, but then I miss out on all the tasks.

I’m still on the fence. Part of me likes that I feel that I must win with an all one color team. Another part of me doesn’t like the self-imposed pressure of letting my guild down if I lose a match.

One of the saving graces to me is, they say that one the GW troops go through a rotation, they will be available with Guild Chests.

Good luck with your decision.

2 Likes

Just logged into my alt, looks like I’ll be facing mythics for 50 points today too:

2 Likes

I agree with this point. Especially notable in guilds where the collections have all grown enough that a level difference doesn’t make a big difference in what we can field in defense.

Right now its 50, 100, 250, 400, 750?
What about… 150, 250, 400, 550, 750? Or similar?

1 Like

100, 200, 300, 400, 500?

2 Likes