I conducted a scientific study on the state of current endgame meta

You do a great job, but, and I hate buts, comparing Tau’s self buff, which is conditional on the death of the unit, isn’t the same as Manticore’s automatic attack gain of 12+.

I tried hard to make Tau the front line warrior he should be, but he is too fragile. His ability way too conditional to have him work well. Heck, if you leave Tau’s ability conditional, you could add a full heal to it, and he might see play. Or, go so far as to remove the conditional, add the full heal, and raise the cost, then he might be scary.

3 Likes

Hmmm… If you are not pulling these numbers…

But you insist on saying/implying that the problem is with the End-Game, and players that can’t stand longer battles…

He also said that:

But since it was an opinion shared by:

It’s just fine to ignore this i guess

On this i think we already agreed (in the other topic) that it’s not just because it’s new that it needs to be changed. But sometimes things are planned in a way and later some adjustments are needed. So far Sirrian stated that the usage of Manticore seems fine, number-wisely speaking, but when i’m using too much “if” for your taste it’s because i’m mostly foreseeing that it means trouble when you stretch the line of thought towards the future of troops development and how things are usually coming out “Damn that’s extremely good!”…

Well, Manticore alone is not all you’ll face on the team and the mentioned troops just falls under my personal view that Empowered (and Impervious) are just becoming “a must have” because of the power creep. Faunessa is a little less useful as she needs more time to allow the enemy to get more attack in order to cause more damage.

1 Like

[quote=“Ivar, post:62, topic:11469, full:true”]
But you insist on saying/implying that the problem is with the End-Game, and players that can’t stand longer battles…[/quote]

That’s my opinion. I certainly never suggested that it’s the only opinion, simply that the preponderance of the evidence suggests that it’s true.

[quote=“Ivar, post:62, topic:11469, full:true”]
It’s just fine to ignore this i guess…[/quote]

I didn’t ignore it anymore than you ignored this:

That is no reason for change as it affects everyone equally and players are NOT entitled to “fast” matches.

2 Likes

Exactly how I feel about it.

Your opinion falls under the logic that just because a few people think there is something wrong about Manticore they are wrong? Just because they are few and because we can’t check all the rest? I really want to be sure on your point of view on this one…

I need you to answer my first questions before i can elaborate the answer for this. Because if the problem is that the feedback of End-gamers is less valuable to you, or the developers at all, in order to make a move to change things, it puts the game in a state where people are doomed to lose their interest in the game because at higher levels things become more and more stale/boring.
And if that’s the case THERE IS A PROBLEM, no matter how you want to look at it, it’s simple!

Now, i’m not saying that THERE AREN’T PROBLEMS in the lower/mid-levels of play, or that improving existing troops wouldn’t help all ranges of gameplay, (not the topic but well) but i can hardly see something not being done about Manticore since as it was exposed the troop is too damn good as it is.

1 Like

I think it’s down to everyone the choice of faster or slower battles considering the troop’s formation picked, the point is that a more diverse meta would support both equally, not only one or another.
Honestly people just got out of a Maw/Mab-fast meta and the reward structure in place “More wins = More rewards and more points = Even more rewards at the end of the week.” doesn’t helps the case. (Maybe this could be the subject of another topic)

1 Like

Except that it wasn’t exposed as “too damn good”. Sirrian said quite matter of factly that it APPEARS to be overpowered but it’s certainly not obviously so. In fact, the question of what to do with him is still unknown because the data isn’t definitive.

1 Like

Absolutely agree with this and think it’s probably the biggest issue facing this game, whether it’s PvP achievements, the argument as to whether or not maps are worthwhile, and just about every other repeated discussion around here.

Progression in this game is too tightly interwoven with time spent. It’s DESIGNED to be a grind. Invades are nearly guaranteed wins and defense are almost guaranteed to be losses. In fact, there doesn’t seem to be any limiting factor to achievement, progression is inevitable as long as you play.

By “exposed” i meant: “…exposed by the players…” i agree that so far Sirrian’s considerations have some strong indicatives for both sides, but i keep wondering if the number usage will increase from now on since we have the Arcanes available on bundles this week, but on the other hand it wouldn’t mean much for the low/average level player since collecting glory is not that easy. (Easier than it was before maybe, but still…)

1 Like

but toss in 20 damage from scale gaurdian and my siren and its over since most times my siren hits for 17? then recharges and hits again recharges and hits again and by then faunessa is saying can i kill them now? come on just one tiny tap?

then its just clean up whats left of the defense team since either siren recharged to kill or siren spawed so many reds or yellows that gobchomper or scale gaurdian hits again and its over.

Its a fragile invade team but its fast and chews up most defense teams.

I set up my invade teams to counter what ever defense team has waiting i.e. defense has gloom leaf? toss out gorgotha faunessa mercy siren

knight team?
gorgotha gobchomper keghammer scale gard

goblins? lol gorg scale mercy siren

mythic three behemoths with a valk?
Three empowered gobchompers and one mercy hachoo!" and its over for the defense team.

mana drain team?
oh ho! match four gems fun with no mana needed celestasia barrier bone dragon freeze moloch suppresion jarl with burn

or impervious with mana drain?

I call this annoying invade team

U MAD BRO?
celestasia barrier celestasia barrier moloch supression moloch supression

2 Likes

It’s all good that your teams have success, in theory, but it’s another realm of experience comparing Console and PC/Mobile for the following reasons:

• Console is way behind and it’s good that you, and others, have many teams assembled and fully upgraded because things moved slower and you had time to be prepared, but not everyone have all of this yet so it would be wise to take this in consideration. I’m even a little worried about how the transition will be done about the number of troops being added for consoles…
  • PC/Mobile have more kingdoms, that you guys will soon have too, but it’s possible that your oposition would be stronger than what you are used and things are about to change, of course you as well will have stronger troops, but if i’m not mistaken the next kingdoms will increase more health, armor and attack, so you spell damage will mostly remain the same.

Seems pretty obvious that they’re trying to make matches last longer. :wink:

Im writing these teams down thanks :grinning:

1 Like

ok

if its a non impervios team try celestasia jarl moloch venoxia for barrier miasma burning and lowered enemy stats every four gem match with no mana needed.

hmm i wonder about trying celestasia and three molochs just to be evil versus impervious mana drainers?

hmm i wonder about balls to the wall team?
four molochs with suppresion means every four gems match the enemy team loses four of either health attack, armor or magic with no mana needed?

Just waiting till manticore hits console to try this.

Depending of the final objective there are other ways, some would even be lucrative and/or add more resources for guilds. When i started the game there was no gold tax for battles anymore, but it’s normal that F2P games have some sort of energy feature that makes playing too much impossible unless you gather the energy resource in some fashion, usually buying it.

If pvp is being conducted too hastly, then it probably crossed their minds the idea of adding some sort of energy token to be spent on each battle as an option. Now, i’m mostly sure that Sirrian has said before that they don’t want to limit people from playing the game.

On one hand it would “make justice” to those who can’t play as much as others that everyone has the same number of possible invades, and doing extras would cost something, maybe money, maybe a guild resource to be added. Personally i don’t fully agree with this approach, but it’s a possibility and i wouldn’t be upset if this gets implemented at some point. To some it would even strike as a fair change, because like a real strategy game everyone has the same “moves” unlike the current state where who has more time to make more moves is the “Top 1”.

On the other hand the “slower meta” is another possibility, if it’s a thing they are testing with us before using another approach i don’t know…

A little thing to be added on the suggestion would be Bunni’nog, a troop i think it’s not on Consoles yet. It does fairly well against Knights, Khorvash included.

Bunni nog ?

5x skull damage versus knights.

defense team name
Wun wittle knights

Yep, looking forward to him. Shame about his colours blocking KoS and Bone Dragon… I guess putting him on top of Infernal/Mercy/Sheggra cant go far wrong against knights

1 Like

evil lol.

or bunni nog empowered soothsayer sunweaver mercy and bunni becomes godzilla bunni with magic increases

1 Like

Also looking forward to him. Not sure how I’ll get the Arcanes to trait him, but I guess that’s what explore mode is for…

1 Like