Guilds and Botting

As stated before it’s just a matter of perspective:

• The botter generated, let’s say one milion of gold before being banned. This money was injected into the guild so everyone enjoyed the rewards from it, and after the ban the guild is “in debt” and must pay for the extra they had. Just like this.
1 Like

Exactly; when implemented correctly, the penalty means you are left with what you started with, and the botter only set you back by whatever resources a legitimate player would have earned in that slot (opportunity cost ).

1 Like

I like this policy

2 Likes

What I am afraid of, is that cheaters/hackers might make a dummy BOT just to guide the Devs to take that down, and then having something more advanced Bot to shelter themselves with. That way any cheaters plays it ‘clever’ and makes sure to lead the devs into the wrong direction. The dummy Bot made by the cheater gets all the attention, while the more advanced Bot does not…

Then afterwards it is very easy for the person that cheats to send a PM to the devs and tell them that someone over them is Boting, to use it as a bite and gain some trust from the Devs or get an indirectly confirmation that they are staying safe.

My point is that testing the limits of the Devs, is what most Cheaters/Hackers is trying to do in every game. Until they find a Dummy bot which is strong enough, that they can use.

I am grateful for the good job the Devs has done. And the tools is only getting better to detect cheaters.
I just thought to share some of my thoughts…

Trying to stop cheaters is always a game of cat and mouse dictated by resources; how much time and effort each side is willing and able to put in usually dictates which side holds the upper hand but neither side can ever truly win.

1 Like

hi there is it possible to report botter here?

No public callouts, please. If you suspect someone of botting, send a PM to @Sirrian or @Nimhain.

1 Like

I’ve been working like crazy to earn a callout this week. Gotta get back to computer before I fall too far behind and lose my chance. Maybe I’ll type “beep boop” into chat a few times, just to add some fuel to the fire.

6 Likes

@eika doubling down with the misdirection and revealing their strategy publically :yum:

1 Like

To that I say let them go for it. The rewards for getting #1 are so small I would never consider trying. If you do then… um. Seriously?

1 Like

It is dependant on what traitstones you need, and how badly you want them.

Good luck, and keep fighting the good fight! I hope to see you top the leaderboards

1 Like

I am pretty sure the same person will be top each week on Xbox

The Humans are dead

4 Likes

Who would that be?

Not going to drop his name, but for reference, he has more accumulated trophies to his name than the #12 guild, will probably have more than the #8 by the end of the year. The guy is a force of unnatural nature.

1 Like

easy when using a glitch if you mean a guild leader^^

No glitches right now and niko was first champion. Does he put his life on line and keep that title for himself 4ever?

Not quite the first. Due to the timing of the update there was a 8-10 hour event before the weekly reset. Rickygervais won the first one.

1 Like

My guild mates play a lot. But they are real lol