Guilds and Botting

Yeah, Aziris is the absolute worst. He has such a sinister laugh and then does something absolutely useless. At least the peasant and dwarven miner will try to hit at least a skull or two.

Now that I think of it, I should add him to my defence team of dorks.

2 Likes

Aziris can be absoluety brutal in a Skull-based team

I can see how he could be used advantageously by a human (or a better AI), but being able to create exactly one skull is only going to be deadly in fairly rare circumstances. With an AI that seemingly places that one skull at random, with no regard whatsoever to how many skulls are already on the board or in what configuration, he is useless when not controlled by a human.

1 Like

Aziris is pure hot garbage in the hands of the AI

The name of my new defence team once I add him.

I actually watched my wife battling my dorks team and it was comical. Peasant and DM kept powering up to destroy skulls one at a time. I was like “Be careful, if they do that 46 more times before you do anything, they’re going to kill Luther”. Now Aziris will be able to generate a steady supply of solitary skulls for them…

3 Likes

Aziris / Peasant is the best combo in the game.
Two turns, one point of damage. Boom!

4 Likes

including load times of 5-20 sec + 15-25 sec between game loads it takes better than 1.5 minute match avg over the course day after day. Now if I worked as a toll booth or parking attendant, or other mundane job I might see this so I guess it is possible but every week since the inception of the leader board?

I’m fairly sure it doesn’t takes all that time for me (at PC). But i’d never took the time to check it.

Well, maybe some people don’t need to work at all, have you ever thought about that? It was already mentioned i’m sure, and it wouldn’t surprise me that the same people, with the same lifestyle are playing over and over again…
Anyway, it’s not important to me what others do with their time, you included, if you want to start a crusade based solely on suspicions you can always ask the developers to check the top ten players.
Maybe there is something weird about the leaderboards, maybe a botting/cheat system undetected (so far).
Or maybe you are wrong because you can’t imagine yourself doing the same ammount of battles and then you assume that they must be cheating because you can’t compete in the same terms; same ammount of free time, willingness to spend this time playing and experience*.

*Experience being accounted as being used to recognize some patterns of gems, moves and troops that must be destroyed first to finish the battle faster.

1 Like

I love Gems of War and it’s a really fun game but it doesn’t reward skill, it rewards time played. Games like this are inherently plagued by bots and shared accounts and while, as we’ve seen, bots are detectable, shared accounts are more difficult to determine. To be honest I don’t even know if account sharing is a bannable offense, especially since if the number of games played is physically possible the person would have the benefit of the doubt.

3 Likes

I still play another freemium game where sharing accounts in this sense is bannable. It does have a more “aggressive approach” on the particular case of one-time events and people could lose unique items if they can’t log in and play daily or pay to get the items.

I do not know if it still works but if you shrink (not minimize to start bar) the game, it moves faster including load times. In my math above i pretty much showed that you can even have a part-time job and still get that many hours. Part time can be as long as 4 hours and as short as 2 hours. You can even cut into your 8 hour sleeping habits if you want to give yourself more time to other things, because really who sleeps 8 hours?

To whom it may concern, guild Intrim voted and chose to complete all of the painfully expensive tasks, even shudder the maps, in order to clear our debt. Clowns are scary! We don’t want to be reminded of them every time we do our tasks :wink:

19 Likes

good job !!!

1 Like

What is wrong with maps?

Noth worth spending guild loot on. Glory keys, gems, and x7 coins only. If you want maps farm them.

That there’s too many of them to ever use.
I know, not for everyone, but for many (most?) middle and end-game players, which means probably more than half of the guild members (if we’re talking about top guilds) will never use them. Which makes them effectively much more expensive than on paper.

So much for my theory…

2 Likes

I wish i could feel that pain one day. Too many of a thing devalues that thing, maps do not take long to do, if you have guild requirements try to reach them then burn some maps avoiding extra turns. This is why i wish i could make a business out of playing people’s maps for them.

Well, I did something like that at a point (not exactly avoiding extra turns, but not paying much attention to them too), but the thing is when I want to play that way (fast) I mostly prefer PvP.

2 Likes

I am very glad that bans are happening to cheaters, but as an owner of a rising guild, it scares the crap out of me to think we could receive negative effects when we didn’t even know we had a botter.