Guild Wars - Sneak Peek VI

The only issue I see there is troop tokens overall I believe wouldn’t be sustainable. You already have an locked-in limited number to start with of the troop to get it to mythic. I believe Sirrian mentioned 6 troops? (If I remember correctly) Which means once players get the number they need they’ll stop buying. No matter how slow the crawl you make it, at some point it’ll stop. With gems obviously they last.

I agree gems aren’t the way, but we have to replace them with something better or on the same tier. There’s no question that troop tokens would sell MORE, but would they sell longer?

The way they could counter-act this is to continue creating more troops. But I don’t know if that was even in their plan for GW rewards. If so, then yes this is a good fix.

1 Like

I believe he mentioned six to start, with more coming later. If these initial six are the end-all-be-all of the mode, it would be different, but with a six week rotation to start and longer later with stuff possibly being pulled entirely, there needs to be a way to get missed stuff.

3 Likes

Found it in Preview 5. So 1 troop for all kingdoms, that could be sustainable.

You could say the same thing about old hero weapons that are coming back as glory rewards, or guild seals once all guardians are Mythic4’d. I don’t think a particular revenue stream has to be sustainable forever, for every player, to be worth incorporating. New players (the lifeblood of any game) will enter with a need for those tokens, even though old hands like ourselves might have long since outgrown that part of the game.

3 Likes

In the end, though, if there ever does become a point where a top guild completely outpace all available troop drops, you could simply have a one-way conversion of troop tokens into something else, like gem keys.

1 Like

Oh I agree completely, but I believe this is a special case since Sirrian explained how much this has cost them. They won’t want to take too much of a gamble when it comes to getting their money back on this one.

Which is funny in an ironic sort of way, that they ended up on gems.

As pretty much everyone has stated, most people won’t buy gems except mostly newer players. Secondly why would I buy gems to only “gamble” them away in GW?

Most people need gems to try and get the troops they want, and will not risk using any. I know I don’t plan to.

But they seem pretty confident on it, so as usual maybe data and experience say otherwise. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I also doubt that this Sentinel feature will be able to make some dollars (like fees to change Hero’s class, is there really players using it?)…
We are already saving our gems for the Legendary and Mythic troops “hunts” so I don’t think players will sacrifice them for a small stat boost (the best one could be +3 Magic and even that is meh)…

It is also a gamble for devs because they are going to give a lot of gems: 41,400 gems for the Guilds ranked 1 to 1000, and you have to multiply by the number of members by guild which I don’t know (in the case that the 1000 guilds are full it means 1,242,000 gems).
Moreover, it means that they are going to give gems to players so they will not need to buy them for the sentinel bonus: they will better give gem/event/guild/VIP keys to avoid that :stuck_out_tongue: .

If devs want to make dollars, you can read this idea of mine ;-):

1 Like

I’m still wondering about the defense-teams, but I can wait. :wink:

I’ve got another proposal for the points you are rewarded for a fight in correlation with the upgraded sentinels.
Is it possible to get more points if you fight an win against an opponent whos sentinels are more leveled than your own?
I know you got more points if you beat a higher ranking opponent (soldies vs. champion), but look at that.

I (soldier) fight a soldier and my sentinels are on level 1. His are on level 3 for instance. Do I get more points for beating him? This way even guilds with guildmembers who don’t spend all there resourcen on the sentinels can be really good at guildwars.

This would encourage players to upgrade their stats less, which means fewer gems spent, which means fewer gems purchased. Which, of course, is a problem from the business side of things. Right now nobody outside the dev team knows how points are calculated, but it would surprise me if they went in that direction.

Oh I know it’s not good for the business side but the players could calculate their resources better. And I thing winning against an opponent who is better “equipped” than you should give you always more points. But let’S wait and see :wink:

Oh, and another thing… How is guildwars affecting recruiting? What if someone leaves the guild midweek? As I see it, if he/she fought the points are there, but a new member can’t fight the remaining fights, or any for that matter.

well then i hate it, it rewads only a silly amount of 15 guilds in entire game… no thank you

i want the opposite, give a little more rewars to as many guilds as possible so that ALL(or at least most or many) guilds are happy not a selected few elites

right now whole server DOESNT have fun watching 20 ppl chase each other for top 10 in pvp ranking

dont make another ranking rewards system like that, lol

but if rewards are worth for lets say top 100 or even top 400 then ~200 guilds or even ~800 guilds will have fun participating.

how can be your concept of ~30 guilds chasing each other for top 15 a better option? only ~30 guilds out of entire server will haev fun then.

1 Like

i want to figure out the actual bonus a certain person gains. (not gives) according to your calculations (assuming you guessed a correct method, which we do not know)

looking at this, depending what rank are you, you can get maximum of:
Paragon gets +5 = +5
Champion gets +3,75 = +3
Herald gets +2.5 = +2
Vanguard gets +1,25 = +1

do you think this scenario is probable? i kind of hate the 0,75 ending of champion bonus that noone can use…

if this is accurate if whole guild maxes the bonuses paragon bonus is basically doubled, but the rest gets not much

i guess that looks probable :slight_smile: but i still wish it was a bit more especially for lower ranks haha xD

(i should probably be happy if its only this much , as i doubt ill be maxing my own bonuses as well as my other fellow guild members :sweat_smile: )

1 Like

Isn’t that exactly the intended outcome, though? So the one Paragon in each guild is buffed like crazy, and you see increasing buffs as you work your way up the ranks each war.

1 Like

yes it is.
i just kind of expected a bigger outcome then +1 or +2 for the lower ranks if everyone upgrade to +5 :stuck_out_tongue:

it was silly on my part :stuck_out_tongue:

analysing it further:

for vanguards to get their +1 at all - all soldiers need to upgrade their bonus to at least average of 80%

for heralds to get their +2 - all soldiers and vanguards will need to upgrade to at least average of 80%, but to give heralds +1 will be enough an average of 40%

for champions to get their +3 - all soldiers vanguards and heralds will need to upgrade to at least average of 80%, to get +2 average 54%, to get +1 average 27%

paragon will require 100% for his +5 bonus, 80% for +4, 60% for +3, 40% for +2, 20% for +1

(if i didnt make any mistakes…)

1 Like

Well, the only thing I know about that, is this line from Sirrian that I posted earlier, which shows the maximum bonus one can gain. Exactly how the bonus is calculated when not everyone maximize their Sentinels, I don’t know. It could be in line with the calculations I’ve shown, or it could be something totally different.

Your further analysing seems pretty correct by just looking at it, but I’ve not done these calculations myself.

And a Soldier will require nothing, and get nothing (in terms of bonuses).

1 Like

Sigh…

It was an example of three brackets redistributing the gems of the Top 3 as an example, the same would be followed by all ranks in Sirrian’s table…
Sirrian’s Rank 4 would be replaced by the 4th Bracket with 5 ranks redistributing the gems…
Sirrian’s Rank 5 would be replaced by the 5th Bracket with 5 ranks redistributing the gems…
Sirrian’s Rank 6 would be replaced by the 6th Bracket with 5 ranks redistributing the gems…
Ando so on…

If we don’t get at least some credit for beating teams stronger than our own, there’s no incentive to play at all. Seems like the Devs have a catch 22.

assuming you took all the gems from Sirrians rank 1-5 already, it means lower ranks will be just as poor on gems as in the original table

opening few leagues like this doesnt get me interested…

you made one step into making a few more guilds happy but its still only a few (15 instead of 10)

there should be at least 100-400 guilds “happy”