Guild Wars is a chore and a bore

I think the best idea would be more bonus points for the number of color troops used on the day.

Less for winning games with less than 3 color cards used and all tri coloured cards are counted as 1 single colour for the week. That could be the bottom color. If the big mythics were limited to their days of usage gw would be much more fun - except for cycling day.

Not a bad idea, although the main gripe for this post was a complaint about Wars being boring and tiresome. Not my view, but the idea would be lost on those complaining Iā€™m guessing.

The AI targets Impervious troops with Devour.
So having 2 Impervious troops halves the chances of being Devoured (halving the chance was one of the OPā€™s possible suggestions).

Obviously against Kraken (which is incredibly rare, since Kraken doesnā€™t crank out Wargs and always targets #4) only one Impervious is necessary.

On yellow and brown days you can also use Maw to devour the devourers, if they donā€™t devour Maw first.

I donā€™t mind Devour, what I mind is seeing the same decks over and over and over again.

3 Likes

I wonder if the coming change to devour (shield blocking it) is going to make things worse instead of better :slight_smile:

The default is a kerbs team with a forest guardian in itā€¦ so now that team gets stronger, because you canā€™t devour their shielded devourers anymore :slight_smile:

1 Like

From my experience, the best counter to the kerb/FG team is an all impervious team so I donā€™t think it will make too much difference.

1 Like

Love the OP. ā€œTo counter Kerb you must bring Famineā€.

Try loving GW when you dont even have the counters!!!

3 Likes

I hear you.

I have been keeping stats

4 weeks of GW games
33% contain 2 Famine
42% contain 2 Kerb+Forest Guardian
13% contain the group of the week that isnā€™t Kerb/Forest (we had that twice)
12% contain decent combos to very creative combos.

starting next week I am going to add in Deathmark and Psoin - to track that

3 Likes

Adds up to 104% ???

1 Like

Sorry I will unroundā€¦

I double counted F/D combos. = Which is why I am switching to how I am tracking now because of the Famine/Death/DeathKnight combo not being accounted for which also has itā€™s own problems here.

1 Like

for GW, believe it or not, i was a few points from a new personal best. So i decide for a safe loop team, playing 3 colours instead of 4 to grab safe points. Too bad that despite the loopers needing 4 type of different mana the board was all useless mana, so i managed to lose nonetheless.
Luck may be blind, but bad luck has an eagle eyeā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™m so stealing this quote ā€¦ Absolutely true.

I just traited up my Plague, so I now have the obnoxious ā€œLose 3 somethingsā€ trait on 4 or 5 gem matches. I put Jarl, Venoxia, and Famine on that team. It is, to say the least, quite effective. The funny thing is, I still lose. Yes, Iā€™m playing a lot of 9,700+ teams in PVP, but the #1 way to lose is always ā€œmana cascadeā€ on AIā€™s first turn. It seems there is nothing you can do at that point but just die. But, hey, at least it only takes 1/4 of the time to lose as it used to. :wink:

I refer to this condition as ā€œGems fall, you lose.ā€

It was amazingly annoying with Goblins ā€¦ may as well go to the kitchen and spend 5 minutes making a snack. So, I wasnā€™t kidding about the 4X animation ā€¦ I barely even care that I lose these games, now, because I can get on to the next one without being captive to the obnoxiousness of it all playing out.