Guild Wars Change Suggestions

Hi salty, I don’t if it’s too late for a suggestion, since devs have already taken their decisions about gw, but there is something I want to share with you and could be a great idea.
Instead of taking 27 of 30 best scores in gw, why don’t you give the option to players to lend their fights to other members in the guild?
I take my case. I love gw, and I feel frustration because I can’t play more than 5 fights per day.
So, someone into the guild who doesn’t like gw or can’t play one day because of work or hollydays could give his fights to another member for one day or for the week.
In that case, if I win, the points would go to the person I replace.
like this, everyone is happy, people who like gw can play more and people who don’t like, don’t look as a leecher. It would also increase the community strength in the guild. What do you think ?

1 Like

I am no coder and neither would know how difficulty it would be to make something like this. But it is something inside me that is telling me that this is very complicated to code, also is it really necessary? I mean, it looks like the majority of people is more than happy that the best 27 out of 30 scores will count.

2 Likes

Intriguing idea.

That idea would also work with guild seals. If one person couldn’t make the 1500 seals let the guild master shift the opportunity to get seals to another player in the guild. The restriction; it could only be done from a person once a week and to a person once a week. So a max of 15 transfers per week could be done with a full guild.

Likewise with the GW battles, let the guild master shift from a person once a week, to a person once a week. The restriction here I would put so it doesn’t get abused is the two players have to be within a certain range of levels. That way you couldn’t shift from a low-level player say near 100 to a high level say near 1000.

I have a suggestion for the planned defense team system tweak, and restricting the number of troops used for more points.
What if instead of giving you more points, your opponent would earn more for every troop already used? Let’s say there’s a 25% multiplier for every reused card, so beating the same def. team you used on a previous day would give your opponent double points.
Example: 1st day you use troops ABCD, 2nd day EFGG, 3rd day ABFG;
there’s no repetitions on the 1st day, so no extra points; on the 2nd day there’s a double G, so your opponent gets 25% more points for a reused card; 3rd day’s team is entirely made up from previously used troops, so your opponent gets 25% x 4 reused troops, meaning double points.
With this solution, there’s no need to have the def. team configuration locked on day 1, as long as the game remembers which troops were already used.

BATTLE STYLE ACHIEVEMENTS BONUS

I would suggest bonus something (money, gold, gems, trait stones, keys, whatever you feel appropriate) for completing fights with your team in certain conditions, e.g.

• Win

• “That was close!” - winning with one troop only
    • “Domination” - winning with no damage taken
    • “I can keep going” - winning with all troops fully charged
    • “Is it your turn yet?” - winning with opponent taking no turns
  • Lose

• “Almost!” - opponent has only one troop left when they win
    • “Nice try” - Losing to a team 1000+ points above yours
    • “Bit off too much” - opponent lost no troops
    • “How did THAT happen?” - losing to a team 1000+ points below yours
  • result independent

• “Brawler” - compete without casting any spells
    • “Contactless” - deal no skull damage for the duration of the battle
    • “No luck” - no 4+ gem matches for the duration of the battle
    • “Summoner” - summon (X) troops during the battle
    • “Hungry” - devour (X) troops during the battle

Mike

6 Likes

I see the “giving people your fights” open to abuse.

Let’s say I make 9 “starter” accounts, join them to my guild, and then I have 50 fights per day with my primary account. Fair? I don’t think so.

Hi mike, I understand your concern, but think about it, if you do what you say it means you are playing as 9 players,because you take the position of nine other people, so ok you play 50 fights a day and then what, are you feeding for 9 people your own guild in seals, trophies ? Good luck with that. Even if you do that, then it should be considered as cheating so you could be banned.

I agree with you stormchase

Hi Eika, I don’t know either if that would be hard or not to code, but I what I can say is I truly think it would trenghten the sense of community into the guild. People would have to comunícate and help each other, like when you share you car to drive other people to their destination. while with the solution of taking the best 27, at first everyone will be ok, but then, when the same ones will never participate in gw but will be rewarded the same as other people, trust me, they will be considered as leechers.

Then take your own advice!

absolutely. I that’s totally wrong behaviour, but I guarantee it will take place - that’s what I mean by “open to abuse”…

Having said that, I understand where the initial sentiment came from.

So yeah- nice idea, but I just think it will create a problem.

I have a few ideas that I would like to see implemented. Most of which I’m sure have been recommended in the past, but I feel like they are all simple changes that would greatly improve game play.

-Add the home kingdom name to each troop. Instead of just having the kingdoms symbol.

-When you pull up a profile in global show GM next to the guild leaders name.

-Only show when people get base mythic drops and not ascended mythic. Just to remove some of the spam from chat.

-Give bonus points for using a different PVP defense team every day. So that we don’t have to fight the same teams all the time. Give a simple reward 1 gem, 5 glory, 1,000 gold

1 Like