Guild Wars and sisters guilds

Motivations determine whether or not that high horse even exists. Self-righteousness, by definition, comes from one’s self. Intent is often the discriminating factor in criminal law for that very reason.

It is much less so in video and especially online games.
Devs rarely ask someone what their motivation was for using an exploit when they swing the banhammer.
Anyways i also agreed on one troop defenses being a “harmless” exploit, so unless you want to run your argument to also excuse botting, accountsharing, duping or whatever else people have come up with, we are good.

I can´t believe how much damage cause the GW in people.
It is very sad for me to see how good Leaders and friends leave the game for something like this.

I lost also some good members (ones that I called friends) for the high stressful GW are. No matter if I said they don´t be a problem for guild. They quit the game without reason.

This is what we get with the expected GW?
I´m sure those are not the plans of devs initially. But it looks like that they want to wait to see the issues before they do something to fix them.

Is this the true way to find the issues involved in the GW.?

I wish the best to all friends and forumers that quit the game for this.
@Eika , and @Ashasekayi
i hope you find something good and real that keep on your time busy.
I wish the best in eveything they do to both.
And much lucky in all.

Cheers and forever

13 Likes

As far as I can tell, they’ve already addressed several issues that people have raised to the extent that they could server-side. I believe they’ve already stated they plan to fix a lot of the big issues that remain but we have to wait til the next update.

I’m honestly not sure why GW has made people so crazy. Seems like the devs are responding to our feedback and adjusting, as always. Why is this such a tipping point?

4 Likes

Because of two things:

1. it was released half baked. There’s a great game mode hidden in there somewhere but this version 1.0 isn’t it. This leads to frustration when a player/guild is doing everything they’ve been asked to do and are getting penalized by the game fubctionality or bugs. I don’t think anyone is saying this is being done maliciously (I’m definitely not) but the end result is the same: anger.

2. GW has a completely different focus than any other part of the game. It’s a type of direct competition that you can’t avoid except by not playing…which often means guilds are split on whether or not they want to focus on GW or ignore it. This leads groups of friends having to make a choice between staying with their friends and being essentially forced to play a mode where they can hurt their friends chances or leave their friends so they can continue to play the parts of the game they enjoy.

4 Likes

But they release half-broken crap all the time. Is that not the norm? This is a more complex and so more broken, but it really seems no different from before. And, as I said, it seems like they’re being responsive, as always.

I guess I just don’t identify with the latter part. Our guild is like two-thirds active and one-third tryhards and yet we’re still in the 50-99 reward tier very comfortably with no fear of dropping out. And no one is upset. I’m sure if we had all actives then we would be in 20-49 range. It’s 5 challenging battles a day but it doesn’t seem like it’s that big of a deal. But to each his own, I guess.

2 Likes

List of Disagreements

1. @DonBoba I commend you for being clear and coming forward to discuss what happen in the open. Good Job. I personally don’t approve of trying to game the system. I also haven’t always agreed with you, but still value your point of view. Keep Posting.
  2. I also don’t agree with the official wishy washy stance on this issue. Take a stand.
  3. Before the Guild Wars update hits on console the top 10 Guilds could organize behind Dwarven Miner and lock everyone out of tier 1 forever. Doesn’t should fair to me, but I’m in a top guild so… :money_mouth: PS I disagree with my Unionization efforts too :wink:
3 Likes

I am coming too this WAAAAAY late and am still reading but felt I needed to address this:

@donboba Came out and admitted that it was Mean Machine who made the offer. He further expressed that the only reason he offered it was to help Black Dragon out as @Eika and @Ashasekayi are friends. For him to be attacked like this seems wholly unfair.

As a proud member of Mean Machine, and proud forum regular, and all around honorable person. I am a bit surprised by the outlash here. This request was brought up by Don and suggested to us first, and I was one of the first people to say lets help Black Dragon out! We, Mean Machine, were clearly getting our butts handed to us in Bracket 1 and this seemed like a fun way to see a friendly guild improve their standings. There was no solicitation to any other guilds, and given the backlash and @DonBoba’s own claim, there will be no other offers made. So, again, please refrain from slandering a guild that has contributed so much to this forum and community over something that is an unfortunate misunderstanding.

To further belabor the point, Black Dragon is a friend guild. One that we wanted to see do better. So, had we all, as a guild chosen to set 1 troop defenses WITHOUT making the offer to Black Dragon? Would the reaction have been: “Wow, what a selfless thing to do? Mean Machine is pretty cool. They knew they were not in it for #1 so they put their friends first and helped them out!”

If the insult to everybody’s heart is that an OFFER was made… then rest assured that none will ever be made again…

BUT, if I’m having a bad week of it, and you are a friend in a guild that Im fighting and you have a shot at first and I can help you out. I hope when you come up against my 1 peasant, you don’t come to the forums and call me an A$$hole.

That’s not cheating, that’s giving a friend a hand, in my book. And that was all that was intended, I apologize for the way it was presented and interpreted here, but Mean Machine, despite its moniker, is made up of some of the nicest people in this game. And we will always look for ways to assist our friends. Again, hopefully it wont offend you.

I must keep reading now…
More to come…
maybe…

9 Likes

One side effect of the current system:

We got 500 gems for beeing the third guild from the top. Thats nice, no question. The second guild got 1000 gems, the first got 1500 gems.
I am not saying that the guilds, that were better than us, were win-trading, but the difference of gems is “worth” 40$ or 80$ in the shop. As someone who spend a few hundred $ on the game even the possibility someone could cheat me out of that ammount of reallife money week for week is not acceptable.

Oh yeah, motivate me to stress me out against double famine teams, lose friends and give cheaters of a competetive system $$$ worth rewards.

tldr:

• not accusing anyone
  • not beeing safe from cheaters when ingame material “worth” lots of rl money is involved is awful
2 Likes

You are 100% correct. And everybody knows I love a good sports metaphor, see my other thread, but at the end of the day… this is not a professional sport. It’s a casual match-3 gem game. One I love, perhaps more than I should, but a game, none the less. :wink:

This mode seems to be causing more harm than good. The game may be stuck with it, considering how much it cost to develop, but looks like it needs a major overhaul throughout.

1 Like

What I want is a clear stance from whats going on:

1. “Welcome to the three match Eve online! Betraying and politics is what GUILDWARS means. This is war, have fun!”
    This would enable a stressful but very new meta of gameplay in this game. Lots of communication between guilds. Lots of work, tears and fun.

2. “This is a plattform for fair competitive e-sports. Every guild has to prove its worth by its own! Fair play and may the best win!”
    More theorycrafting of best teams, beiing proud of the identity and achievements of your guild. Less stressful.

2 Likes

You have stated this twice now as a “defense” for why you did what you did.
I can 100% assure you I was excited about doing this for Black Dragon to avoid boredom! I was tired of fighting DK/Famine/Death/Famine which I had faced in almost every match leading up to my day against Black Dragon. The knowledge that if they were open to it, I could give them a break from monotony, and maybe get a break from it myself was more than welcome.

It was 100% an attempt to avoid boredom.

1 Like

I’m not sure who you are addressing here. But, I’ll give you my take on it. Clearly, I didn’t see Guild Wars the same as some of people in this thread. When it was introduced, I saw it as a mode that finally introduced some straightforward, fair competition. In my book, you don’t have fair competitions between teams when some teams are making deals behind closed doors.

The idea of getting to number 1 in anything when I didn’t win it fair and square leaves a bad taste in my mouth. That isn’t a victory to me. I’d feel bad about it. So, if anyone wants to judge me for that, I could care less. I don’t apologize for my view of it.

16 Likes

To be perfectly clear: I was not addressing you @Ashasekayi, I understand your point of view and respect it. Furthermore, I hope that you change your mind about leaving as I DO consider you a friend and the lack of your “pretty kitty” presence here will most assuredly be felt.

To the thread:
If you will permit me one last argument: This mode is called Guild WARS, and if you have ever played any war games, or studied history and have knowledge of real warfare, then you know that ALLIANCES are very real and necessary thing to achieve victory. In the spirit of Guild WAR, Mean Machine offered Black Dragon an ALLIANCE for one day. They chose not to accept. I cannot in any way consider seeking an ALLIANCE in the midst of WAR, cheating. It is strategy 101. Period.

1 Like

As I’ve said before…

You know that I adore you, but…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

We will just have to agree to disagree on this topic. Anyway. it’s all love for you and your guild. I know there was no malice in it. I just don’t think that’s the path GW should go on. Even the dev said it isn’t in the “spirit” of GW.

3 Likes

There really wasn’t, you know us that much.

In the spirit of this, we shall not give anyone any more offers, nor shall we accept potential offers from other guilds.

I would really like that you and Eika reconsider and come back. You can always play the same game you played a month ago. I really don’t like how many players left over because of GW, and its still happening.

5 Likes

It’s completely unfair to other guilds in bracket 1 that are actually putting the work in. If Black Dragon took that deal they probably would have been in second place and robbed Intrim of the second place rewards they deserved. Also if Black Dragon took the deal it may have given Mean Machine enough points to stay in bracket 1 robbing a guild in bracket 2 that put in the time and effort of moving up.

@Ashasekayi and @Eika sorry to see you go you will both be missed.

4 Likes

So I’ve stayed pretty quiet on all this as most of what I would have said has already been posted by others ad nauseum.

What I do want to say is that despite how you feel about what @DonBoba did (personally, I strongly disagree with his choice but do respect that he owned up to it; something he definitely didn’t have to do), he and his choices are not the real issue here. The real issue is that the devs have decided to ignore this issue even when directly asked about it. While I don’t blame @Saltypatra for the truly mind-boggling answer she gave on this issue (since she is most likely just the messenger); her answer was basically “Yes, we think that rotten apples would be bad for the bunch but we’re not going to do anything about them unless the other apples start rotting.”

Um what? Why? If you’re against it, then make it known. Don’t wait for things to get bad before you clear it up. That makes zero sense. Why wait until the player base is negatively affected by something before you do something that could put the kibosh on it right now (sure guilds could still try to do it but they’d risk getting exposed and penalized unlike now). Really, devs? I expect better and quite frankly, you owe us more than this weak sauce if you expect us to continue investing in your game. Step up.

10 Likes

So I am admittedly going down the rabbit’s hole here playing devil’s advocate, but… Why not? I so rarely take the contrary position! :smiling_imp:

Is it unfair @Maxx? Did we not put in the work in devising a means by which to achieve victory in a WAR by seeking an alliance with an enemy? Is this not how wars are fought at all times? To extend the metaphor WORLD WAR II was a WAR between the AXIS and ALLY powers, not US vs France vs England vs Italy vs Germany vs Japan vs etc

Mean Machine was just the first Guild to put real world strategy to play, or so we KNOW, Mean Machine was the first to admit it. It doesn’t mean it’s not going on already. And lets just be clear, if we are going to throw smoke in this thread, then THIS whole things is merely the Top Guilds most fiendeshly devised smoke screen.

Because now they can SAY they are against it and do it anyway to ensure they maintain their top seat.

We will NEVER know…

Just sayin’ ! :wink:

1 Like